Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 3 (May 2017-Aug 2020)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Europe is going through a very rough time. Let’s keep our eyes and ears open for each other. Together, we stand strong. Europe, shine a light and keep the music alive!” – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAQl-NBnVEL/

The message was posted to celebrate the Eurovision Song Contest which would have taken place in Rotterdam tonight.
“Europe is going through a very rough time. Let’s keep our eyes and ears open for each other. Together, we stand strong. Europe, shine a light and keep the music alive!” – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAQl-NBnVEL/

The message was posted to celebrate the Eurovision Song Contest which would have taken place in Rotterdam tonight.

Yes indeed and they probably would have been in the royal box watching it.

On the occasion of her 49th birthday today, May 17, Queen Máxima has shared her favourite Argentinian Alfajores with dulce de leche (caramel cookies). "I bake them according to my mother's recip, which I like to share with you. So you can bake them yourself at home!"

** Post with photos & recip **

On the occasion of her 49th birthday today, May 17, Queen Máxima has shared her favourite Argentinian Alfajores with dulce de leche (caramel cookies). "I bake them according to my mother's recip, which I like to share with you. So you can bake them yourself at home!"

** Post with photos & recip **

One can recognize the engagement ring with the orange diamond. And a picture with a view on the stairway leading to the entrance of Huis ten Bosch, revealing she is in one of the kitchens.

There are two kitchens, in both wings, one for events, one for daily use. This is the one in the The Hague Wing (the wing with the guest rooms) : https://www.rijksvastgoedbedrijf.nl...ugel-corne-bastiaansen-17-12-2018-13fph2f.jpg

Judging from the angle to the stairway, I believe this is where the Queen was baking, not sure. It is an annex to the previous kitchen (which can be seen through the opening in the wall). So the Queen did not use the private kitchen, if my orientation of the building is right.
https://www.rijksvastgoedbedrijf.nl...ugel-corne-bastiaansen-25-09-2018-6u7ktz1.jpg

Last edited:
According to the NOS, Máxima's mother might have helped baking the cookies as apparently she has been in the Netherlands for several months. My guess is that she returned with Máxima in February, when the queen visited Argentina for only a few days - before showing up in Lech (probably with her mother; or maybe her mother visited her brother Juan).

According to the NOS, Máxima's mother might have helped baking the cookies as apparently she has been in the Netherlands for several months. My guess is that she returned with Máxima in February, when the queen visited Argentina for only a few days - before showing up in Lech (probably with her mother; or maybe her mother visited her brother Juan).

It seems María del Carmen Cerruti Carricart visited the royal family after the Lech wintersport holidays and became "trapped" in the Netherlands since she can not return to Buenos Aires because of Covid-19.

Last edited:
I am sure her mother enjoy the time there even if it is because she got trap with the pandemic, the girls had a great time with grandma and a lot of Spanish speaking practice!

I saw this coming by on twitter. i had to check several times to make sure it was not a parody. A Queen baking cookies and posting recipes on social media is not something we see every day.

That is a lot of maizena but if I can find Dulce de Leche I think I will give it a go next week.

Last edited:
I saw this coming by on twitter. i had to check several times to make sure it was not a parody. A Queen making cooking and posting recipes on social media is not something we see every day.

That is a lot of maizena but if I can find Dulce de Leche I think I will give it a go next week.

Yes, I have mixed feelings about it. The beatrixian principle of keeping some distance seems lost. See Countess Eloïse promoting her secondhand clothes for charity.

With a figure like that now does she really eat those cookies... :p

I too am surprised by this new openness. It is different and I'm not used to it from the Oranjes. Still we're living in different times I suppose it give people in the Netherlands something to do...

I think it's great.

We live in interesting times, so why not try something new?
And because these are special times, they can always back out if the the public don't appreciate it or think it's inappropriate for majesties.

I think provided it doesn't happen too often, there is no harm in some openness like this intriguing cooking class from the Queen of the Netherlands! For me, it aligns with similar, less formal incidents with the Dutch Royal Family - Queen Juliana eating a herring: https://www.reddit.com/r/GirlsEatin..._juliana_of_the_netherlands_eats_a_herring_3/ as one example!

Of course, it's the Queen's birthday so I think she can do as she wishes for the day!

I think it’s great for a bit of diversion in difficult times.
I’m sure this post would not have happened if things were normal. There would have probably been a concert or a dinner and we would have gotten photos of the royals arriving all dresses up and grinning.

Those alfajores look yummy!

I really liked that they shared this - Lots of food restaurants are sharing their recipes online these days and lots of people are baking / cooking so I think it’s a perfect idea. There’s nothing wrong, over the top or indiscreet about her sharing a personal recipe and it’s a way for them to connect with people so... why not?

I remember seeing a programme here in the UK about South American cuisine and there was a section on alfajores when they filmed in Argentina. They look delicious! I also have no problem with the family sharing the content online - in these times I think it's particularly good that the royals are showing themselves to be "just like us" and doing activities, like baking, that a lot of us regular folks are participating in with each other at home.

I remember seeing a programme here in the UK about South American cuisine and there was a section on alfajores when they filmed in Argentina. They look delicious! I also have no problem with the family sharing the content online - in these times I think it's particularly good that the royals are showing themselves to be "just like us" and doing activities, like baking, that a lot of us regular folks are participating in with each other at home.

It's indeed a South American thing; there are regional variations but you can find alfajores in many countries in South America.

I have a question

Since I've been locked down for the past three months, I've been watching a lot of TV, mostly cable. Yesterday, I was watching YouTube and I found a video of Willem and Maxima's wedding day. Of course, since I live in the U.S., there was next to nothing about it at the time. Anyway, I was confused about the ceremonies (there appeared to be two or three).

When the film began, the Queen, her husband and what I took to be Maxima's family were walking out of a building and got into cars. Then, Willem and Maxima walked out together and got into a car. The narration was in Dutch so I understood nothing. I thought the wedding had ended and they were off to where ever. But, the cars went to what looked like an office building. When the bride and groom arrived inside the building, the people there clapped and cheered. Then there were words and signing of papers. THEN, everybody got into cars again and went to a church. That's where I saw the heads of state and other royalty enter, along with the tiny bridal attendants. Then there was a VERY LONG wedding ceremony where the bride and groom walked down the aisle together.

My question: What were the previous ceremonies and is this normal for all of this to take place on the same day? The entire thing lasted over three hours. That's long and I can imagine everyone would be exhausted. Prince Claus(?? the Queen's husband??) did not look the picture of health so this must have been really hard for him.

Don't mean to be a dummy but truly I've never seen a wedding like this. It was interesting to watch, like all royal weddings, but "different." If someone could explain, please. Thanks.

Since I've been locked down for the past three months, I've been watching a lot of TV, mostly cable. Yesterday, I was watching YouTube and I found a video of Willem and Maxima's wedding day. Of course, since I live in the U.S., there was next to nothing about it at the time. Anyway, I was confused about the ceremonies (there appeared to be two or three).

When the film began, the Queen, her husband and what I took to be Maxima's family were walking out of a building and got into cars. Then, Willem and Maxima walked out together and got into a car. The narration was in Dutch so I understood nothing. I thought the wedding had ended and they were off to where ever. But, the cars went to what looked like an office building. When the bride and groom arrived inside the building, the people there clapped and cheered. Then there were words and signing of papers. THEN, everybody got into cars again and went to a church. That's where I saw the heads of state and other royalty enter, along with the tiny bridal attendants. Then there was a VERY LONG wedding ceremony where the bride and groom walked down the aisle together.

My question: What were the previous ceremonies and is this normal for all of this to take place on the same day? The entire thing lasted over three hours. That's long and I can imagine everyone would be exhausted. Prince Claus(?? the Queen's husband??) did not look the picture of health so this must have been really hard for him.

Don't mean to be a dummy but truly I've never seen a wedding like this. It was interesting to watch, like all royal weddings, but "different." If someone could explain, please. Thanks.

Will answer your question in their wedding thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
The previous boat - named the Aldebaran- has apparently been sold.

The website claims that it is "The world's smallest superyacht" which would explain the price. It seems to be a wonderful boat.

https://www.wajer.com/models/wajer-55

:previous:

Apparently he was invited by the business people of Grou and had a nice afternoon with a rented boat.

The previous boat - named the Aldebaran- has apparently been sold.

The website claims that it is "The world's smallest superyacht" which would explain the price. It seems to be a wonderful boat.

https://www.wajer.com/models/wajer-55

In comparison with the yachts of his late grandfather Prince Bernhard, this is a pretty small boat. The King's parents never were interested in motoryachts, so it seems. (Princess Beatrix howver has been a regular guest at the yacht Something Cool of her good friend 'Freddie' Heineken).

In the island of Hydra spotted the King with his family on 21 July(no pictures of them only from the speedboat)

"The royal family started with a luxury speedboat from the villa they maintain in Porto Heli for eight years and within a few minutes they found themselves on the island of Argosaronikos. He walked the alleys, greeted the people and went to the Hydra Nautical Club to have lunch.

It is worth noting that the security of the King of the Netherlands is very discreet as it happens every time the high guest visits the Argolida area in order to spend his vacation carefree enjoying the sun and the sea.

Willem- Alexander also has a luxury yacht but prefers in such short distances as the one between Porto Heli and Hydra to travel by speedboat which, as evidenced by the photos, bears the flag of his country with the royal coat of arms."

https://www.newsbeast.gr/lifestyle/...ton-vasilia-tis-ollandias-goylielmo-alexandro

In the island of Hydra spotted the King with his family on 21 July(no pictures of them only from the speedboat)

"The royal family started with a luxury speedboat from the villa they maintain in Porto Heli for eight years and within a few minutes they found themselves on the island of Argosaronikos. He walked the alleys, greeted the people and went to the Hydra Nautical Club to have lunch.

It is worth noting that the security of the King of the Netherlands is very discreet as it happens every time the high guest visits the Argolida area in order to spend his vacation carefree enjoying the sun and the sea.

Willem- Alexander also has a luxury yacht but prefers in such short distances as the one between Porto Heli and Hydra to travel by speedboat which, as evidenced by the photos, bears the flag of his country with the royal coat of arms."

https://www.newsbeast.gr/lifestyle/...ton-vasilia-tis-ollandias-goylielmo-alexandro

The article is wrong about the flag. It is not the King's personal flag but the flag of the Royal Netherlands Yacht Club, established by King Willem III in 1847. See image:

https://www.knzrv.nl/images/cover_knzr-half.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...h-Princess-Catharina-Amalia-16-plus-size.html
https://caras.perfil.com/noticias/t...anda-luce-con-orgullo-su-look-plus-size.phtml
https://caras.perfil.com/noticias/a...-de-amalia-la-hija-de-maxima-de-holanda.phtml

The first article from CARAS MAgAZINE talks about Amalia being a real woman and the helps she gets because of the bulling she is regarding her body. Apparently in the Netherlands she is call the princess plus size. And she can be an inspiration for other girls like her .
the second article is the director of the magazine apologizing .

It is a very touchy topic, She still under 18 and she should be protected by the media laws but in the other hand she is in fact not a skinny type and I believe she can be inspiration for other girls too that go though the same situation. I appreciate that media shows her with the body she has and they do not enhance with photoshop . She is a public figure and might not be the best for her to listen in the media about her weight issues but at the same time she can help other girls and use her platform to a more positive aproach

Body stereotypes are one of the worst things of the modern society. I suffered with bullying in middle school, my classmates called me whale. It was hard, and I am sure that it hurts Amalia deeply. At least the magazine apologized for it, and promised not to repeat the same mistake because they are fond of "Máxima Zorreguieta and her family".

Body stereotypes are one of the worst things of the modern society. I suffered with bullying in middle school, my classmates called me whale. It was hard, and I am sure that it hurts Amalia deeply. At least the magazine apologized for it, and promised not to repeat the same mistake because they are fond of "Máxima Zorreguieta and her family".
I think people like to bully no matter what, I was super skinny and I was bully too in school, and now I think I have great genes and I am sorry I did not appreciate the body i had in my teenagers years.
My daughter does not have my body I think she inherit my aunt's body, but if she wants she could have a great body with her structure but she is into comfort eating now. For a normal person she is ok but for an athlete she is overweight. My issue is that what she eats is not healthy and in todays era it is so much opportunity to have a healthy diet and proper work out that almost everybody can have a great body if they choose too. In Amalia's case I am sure Maxima is very consient of her public image and she had the same problem when she was young too, I am sure she had the best doctors to make her a healthy diet but this is a difficult age, she might rebel and not to follow , mine she has all her draws in her bedroom full of junk food and it is nothing I can ndo, as much I say it is worst. And the most scary it is not about looking overweight or the image it is when you eat unhealthy you can develope serious illness and that goes beyonf your looks. We all born with our own genetics and body frame but it is up to use to develope heathier habits and have the best body one can have .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom