The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 11:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

A message for the Easter from the Royal Couple:

“Just before Easter - the feast of hope - we wish you good days. Hold on, be careful and stay at home as much as possible. We will get through this together with patience, solidarity, perseverance and confidence in the future. Thank you to everyone who is committed to this with heart and soul! ”
King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima"

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn.n...d0&oe=5EB4F481

Old 04-14-2020, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Máxima made a video call today from Paleis Huis ten Bosch with Stichting De Tussenvrz, shelter for the homeless

https://www.tussenvoorziening.nl/act...onder-de-riem/

Take a look form the Villa of the Royal Family in Greece!

https://www.libelletv.nl/serie/libel...xander-maxima/

Old 04-23-2020, 12:44 PM
Serene Highness

WHat a beautiful house!

https://styledemary.blogspot.com/
Old 04-26-2020, 10:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's beautiful! Is it 2 separate homes. The video showed 2 separate properties right next to each other- each home with a pool.

Or is one home for security personnel or is it a guest house?
Old 04-26-2020, 10:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
It's beautiful! Is it 2 separate homes. The video showed 2 separate properties right next to each other- each home with a pool.

Or is one home for security personnel or is it a guest house?
Yes, there is an annex with big garage for the staff and security. The long sea-proof concrete pier and the road to it was made on instigation of the security, to have an entrance or exit over water when there is a calamity. It was paid for by the Dutch taxpayer (as the State is responsible for the King's security) but in media it was portrayed as a free pier for the King to use his yacht or speedboat.

Initially (then) Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima bought an exclusive domain in Mozambique, which was met with lots of critics. Because Mozambique is a poor country it was seen as "insulting" to live in premium luxury there. And the Mozambiquans never could provide the high standard of security, which meant lots of security to be flown to Africa, even a ship of the Royal Netherlands Navy had to patrol in front of the Mozambiquan coast, while the royal family would enjoy their holiday.

On time the princely couple came to their senses and sold their Mozambiquan dream. The three sons of Princess Beatrix jointly own Rocco dei Dragoni in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa (Italy) but I think only Princess Beatrix and maybe Constantijn & Mabel use this dream retreat in Tuscany.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow, a lovely home! It looks almost like two put together if the whole plot is now theirs. Perfect way to keep some privacy for the family whilst having room for staff and security.

Rocco dei Dragoni in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa is a fantastic property from the pictures I've seen, imagine being able to use both of these amazing holiday homes.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Duc_et_Pair thanks for the detailed explanation.

IIRC, the couple also owns a sprawling multimillion dollar ranch in Patagonia as well.

Besides, the property in Tavarnalle didn't Beatrix's boys jointly inherit the winter vacation home in Lech?
Old 04-26-2020, 07:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Duc_et_Pair thanks for the detailed explanation.

IIRC, the couple also owns a sprawling multimillion dollar ranch in Patagonia as well.

Besides, the property in Tavarnalle didn't Beatrix's boys jointly inherit the winter vacation home in Lech?
No, for more than 60 years the royal family makes use of the hotel Gasthof Post in Lech, owned by the Moosbrugger family, they are privately befriended with. So they make use of an (expensive) hotel. Apparently never the idea has come up to buy property in Lech.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting...one would think a home is much more convenient. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2020, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Interesting...one would think a home is much more convenient. Thanks!
Gasthof Post is named after the former Post Office it once was. It is with the Moosbrugger family for 80 years and for 60 years the annual winter holiday destination of the Dutch royal family. When we have Beatrix, her children and grandchildren they need 14 rooms. Plus several rooms for staff and security. But the hotel provides a separate chalet as well special suites. They are so close with the Moosbruggers, that the three sons of Princess Beatrix were youth friends to them. When Prince Friso had his accident in that avalanche, he was actually skiing with Florian Moosbrugger, who saw it all happening and digged the Prince out of the snow with his hands, waiting for the alarmed emergency services.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

“Europe is going through a very rough time. Let’s keep our eyes and ears open for each other. Together, we stand strong. Europe, shine a light and keep the music alive!” – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAQl-NBnVEL/
Old 05-16-2020, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The message was posted to celebrate the Eurovision Song Contest which would have taken place in Rotterdam tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
“Europe is going through a very rough time. Let’s keep our eyes and ears open for each other. Together, we stand strong. Europe, shine a light and keep the music alive!” – King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAQl-NBnVEL/
Old 05-16-2020, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The message was posted to celebrate the Eurovision Song Contest which would have taken place in Rotterdam tonight.
Yes indeed and they probably would have been in the royal box watching it.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes indeed and they probably would have been in the royal box watching it.
I'm pretty sure they would have!
Old 05-17-2020, 10:01 AM
Administrator

On the occasion of her 49th birthday today, May 17, Queen Máxima has shared her favourite Argentinian Alfajores with dulce de leche (caramel cookies). "I bake them according to my mother's recip, which I like to share with you. So you can bake them yourself at home!"

** Post with photos & recip **
Old 05-17-2020, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
On the occasion of her 49th birthday today, May 17, Queen Máxima has shared her favourite Argentinian Alfajores with dulce de leche (caramel cookies). "I bake them according to my mother's recip, which I like to share with you. So you can bake them yourself at home!"

** Post with photos & recip **
One can recognize the engagement ring with the orange diamond. And a picture with a view on the stairway leading to the entrance of Huis ten Bosch, revealing she is in one of the kitchens.

There are two kitchens, in both wings, one for events, one for daily use. This is the one in the The Hague Wing (the wing with the guest rooms) : https://www.rijksvastgoedbedrijf.nl/...18-13fph2f.jpg

Judging from the angle to the stairway, I believe this is where the Queen was baking, not sure. It is an annex to the previous kitchen (which can be seen through the opening in the wall). So the Queen did not use the private kitchen, if my orientation of the building is right.
https://www.rijksvastgoedbedrijf.nl/...18-6u7ktz1.jpg
Old 05-17-2020, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

According to the NOS, Máxima's mother might have helped baking the cookies as apparently she has been in the Netherlands for several months. My guess is that she returned with Máxima in February, when the queen visited Argentina for only a few days - before showing up in Lech (probably with her mother; or maybe her mother visited her brother Juan).
Old 05-17-2020, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
According to the NOS, Máxima's mother might have helped baking the cookies as apparently she has been in the Netherlands for several months. My guess is that she returned with Máxima in February, when the queen visited Argentina for only a few days - before showing up in Lech (probably with her mother; or maybe her mother visited her brother Juan).
It seems María del Carmen Cerruti Carricart visited the royal family after the Lech wintersport holidays and became "trapped" in the Netherlands since she can not return to Buenos Aires because of Covid-19.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sure her mother enjoy the time there even if it is because she got trap with the pandemic, the girls had a great time with grandma and a lot of Spanish speaking practice!
Old 05-17-2020, 02:23 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I saw this coming by on twitter. i had to check several times to make sure it was not a parody. A Queen baking cookies and posting recipes on social media is not something we see every day.

That is a lot of maizena but if I can find Dulce de Leche I think I will give it a go next week.

Tags
general news thread, king willem-alexander, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess catharina-amalia, princess of orange, queen maxima