Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 3 (May 2017-Aug 2020)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima were spotted shopping in New York City yesterday, July 16.

Máxima had a meeting with United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres to mark the 10th anniversary of UN Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development (UNSGSA) at the United Nations headquarters, see here, so it seems the family has taken the opportunity to spend some summer days in the USA.

** krone.at: Königin Maxima auf Schnäppchenjagd in New York **

** dm: Playing tourist! Dutch Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander keep a VERY low profile as they shop at Gap..**

Last edited:
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima were spotted shopping in New York City yesterday, July 16.

Máxima had a meeting with United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres to mark the 10th anniversary of UN Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development (UNSGSA) at the United Nations headquarters, see here, so it seems the family has taken the opportunity to spend some summer days in the USA.

** krone.at: Königin Maxima auf Schnäppchenjagd in New York **

** dm: Playing tourist! Dutch Queen Maxima and King Willem-Alexander keep a VERY low profile as they shop at Gap..**

The princesses' summer break doesn't start until this upcoming Friday (most years their last day of school would also be the day of their summer photo call). So, I assume it's just Willem-Alexander and Máxima enjoying New York together while the girls finish their exams (Amalia and Alexia) or classes (Ariane).

Nice to see that WA and Maxima treated themselves to some downtime after the trip! Royals get amazing opportunities to visit wonderful places, so I'm not surprised they make a sort-of holiday out of them in their spare hours.

I was happy to see that the King and Queen were able to walk about NYC anonymously. But does anyone else find it curious that they bought stuff from the Container Store? I mean what could possibly be in the Container Store that they can't already buy in The Netherlands? I think it's just funny :)

As for the Queen in Sephora -- I'm a woman and I get it! :)

I was happy to see that the King and Queen were able to walk about NYC anonymously. But does anyone else find it curious that they bought stuff from the Container Store? I mean what could possibly be in the Container Store that they can't already buy in The Netherlands? I think it's just funny :)

Queen Máxima can get e-ve-ry-thing she ever wants. I think it is not necessarily the stuff from the Container Store, but simply the fact that she still can "go shopping", which seems a favourite pastime for lots of ladies. It must be nice to stroll around, to go in and out shops, buy something nice.

:lol:

Last edited:
:lol::lol:Oddly, its something that happens to me when I go on holiday. I love going in all the shops even though they are the same shops as at home with same products and then flying back with it. It’s crazy

:lol:? I thought exactly the same! Also I am sure she is not into the kitchen or organizing wardrobes, unless something for her desk, or the girls! but seriously the container store it is too funny!

Could you please post the accounts? Thanks
The deoranjes-blog observed that Alexia responded to several fan-accounts stating that those accounts were fake.

Previously, she wrote a blogpost on Alexia's fashion account. Unfortunately, that blogpost no longer exists.

Neither Amalia's nor Alexia's public account are still in use. The last post date from 2018 (right before it became publicly known).

Last edited:
The deoranjes-blog observed that Alexia responded to several fan-accounts stating that those accounts were fake.

Previously, she wrote a blogpost on Alexia's fashion account. Unfortunately, that blogpost no longer exists.

Alexia:
https://www.adelswelt.de/aktuell/instagram-prinzessin-alexia-der-niederlande

Amalia:
https://www.adelswelt.de/aktuell/instagram-account-prinzessin-amalia

(I feel it's okay to post this information, because both accounts are public (And both girls have stopped posting a long while ago without deleting their posts). I understand that one can still argue against it - but in this case I don't see the harm)

Last edited:
It's nice that the AAA's are allowed to have public Instagram accounts for personal uses. They're "normal" teenagers after all and will want social media in some shape or form, regardless of their royal status. Amalia is quite the talented photographer, it's a pity she's not more active! Alexia seems to have a private personal account too, but obviously I won't post the links here.

Princess Amalia doesn't seem very thrilled to have her photograph taken, and quite rightly so.

Nice to see the Queen of Greece there as well.

The King is quite close with Constantine & Anne-Marie, isn't he?
Strange we never see him with his contemporaries, Pavlos & Marie-Chantal.

I didn't recognise Ariane at first since I think this is one of the first times we've seen her with makeup! She looks like she could be the same age as Amalia and possibly older here ?
I'm not surprised that Amalia was annoyed at the photographers; it can't be fun on a private night out with your family.

:previous:

I am not quite sure if Princess Ariane was there. The girl next to Princess Alexia is perhaps a friend?

The King is quite close with Constantine & Anne-Marie, isn't he?
Strange we never see him with his contemporaries, Pavlos & Marie-Chantal.

Constantine and Anne-Marie gets a long well with almost everyone. I'm not sure with his heir and wife. Lol

I must say the King looks good. Not so puffy. I like the beard. And it looks like his teeth are whitened. Or it is because he is tanned.

An impression of a "styled" King: https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/mooie-baard-koning~ae843e19/

His beard looks good on him. He should not take this off.

:previous: WA looks handsome with a beard! A lot more different. Nice to see the family enjoying a night out just like us - only, we don't have the downside of being papped.

The man on Queen Máxima's right hand seems to be her younger brother, Juan.

It seems in Denmark (French) and in the Netherlands (Spanish and German) is used at home. After all the Danish princes simply have French family. The Dutch princesses simply have Argentinean and German family. They automatically learn it. The continental royal families are polyglots and especially children pick up a language relatively easy
Are you sure that the king speaks German to his daughters at home? I would imagine him speaking Dutch from the onset (and that's the only language I've heard him use - but I may have missed some footage), while Máxima indeed spoke Spanish to them - as we've witnessed in several videos when they were younger.

I have never heard of the Dutch RF speaking Gernan at home. Perhaps the king and his brothers did growing up, as their father prince Claus was German. But I would think Dutch, English and Spanish would make more sense.

Yesterday Princess Amalia's school had a Christmas musical that was performed in the Royal Schouwburg of The Hague. The princess was there, as were her parents and her two grandmothers. Publicizing photos inside or even outside (!) the event was forbidden by the RVD. Several commentators, among them royalblog.nl wonder why in Seville to the Spanish media there was so much openness while the Dutch media is treated differently.

SBS reporter Sam Hoevenaar bought a ticket to the perfermance and reports the following on her blog:

- The musical was written by 'Emilia van Nassau' and somebody called 'Brent', a friend of the princess.
- The princess played a role in the musical and even opened the evening
- Singer Trijntje Oosterhuis also participated and had a role.
- It is a comedy about love, where the princess and her friend play two fairies who live in a christmas convent.
- Princess Alexia had a small role.
- Princess Ariane, Prince Constantijn, Princess Laurentien, Eloise, Claus-Casimir and Princess Mabel also attended the musical.

https://www.samhoevenaar.com/post/amalia-live-in-de-schouwburg-en-ik-was-erbij

This year's christmas card features a picture of the family in Sevilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom