Willem-Alexander and Máxima's Official Visit to Bhutan: October 28-30, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
HRH The Prince of Orange and HRH Princess Maxima will pay an official visit to Bhutan from 28th to 30th of October 2007. Please post all your questions, information and links to pictures concerning this visit in this thread. Note that this visits is directly after the State Visit of HM The Queen and the crownprincely couple to India, a thread about that can be found here.

Official visit to Bhutan,october 28th till october 30th 2007

As has been announced earlyer TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima have been invited by
HM King Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuk for an official visit to the Kingdom of Bhutan.

Program.

Day 1

Arrival at Paro Airport

Visit to the National Museum,an educational institute emphasizing on the culture and history of Bhutan

Visit to the Kyichu Lhakhang,one of the oldest Bhudist temples in Bhutan.

Day 2

Official welcome at the Tashichhodzong,a temple complex holding the working quarters of the Royal Family
and several government departments.In summer it is the seat of the central representative body of the Bhutan Bhudism.

After a tradional procession TRH will be received in audience by His Majesty

Visit to the National Institute of Tradional Medicine Services

Visit to the Bhutan archery foundation.The foundation was elected for the Prince Claus Award 2004 due to their role to
welcome women into their midsts an a predominantly male sport

Meeting with Bhutanese youngsters

Day 3

TRH will have a walk to the Tango (purely co-incidental!) monastery,training venue for 150 monks

In the afternoon the couple will have talks on the "Gross National Happiness",a marking system developed by Bhutan for
sustaineble social-economic growth,good governing and maintaining and encouraging culturel values

Visit to the National Institute Zorig Chusum,a trainingcentre for the tradional arts

The visit will be concluded in the evening with a culturel program.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After the visit the couple will return to India where they will meet with HM again,who will stay for a few private days of rest
after her State Visit.HM and the PoO will travel back to The Netherlands as Princess Máxima will stay in New Dehli attending
meetings in the frame of accessible financial sectors.

HM will be back on time to participate in the Make a Difference Day 2007 event on november 3rd.

When does Maxima return to NL? It is nice to see that she is focusing on something that incorporates her knowledge and that will help others.

It is interesting that the Dutch royal family undertakes so many state visits to places so far flund. I think that they are one of the only royal families that goes to so many of these small and/or under developed nations.

Wow! Another event/visit for these two. I think the Dutch royals are certainly one of the hardest working RF's out there.

When does Maxima return to NL? It is nice to see that she is focusing on something that incorporates her knowledge and that will help others.

It is interesting that the Dutch royal family undertakes so many state visits to places so far flund. I think that they are one of the only royal families that goes to so many of these small and/or under developed nations.

The Princess has meetings on november 1st and 2nd,and will return on saturday november 3rd,Make a Difference Day,so she will not participate in that,unlike her dear mother-in-law who will.:flowers:

And as far as an "under-developed" nation,India has the worlds fastest growing economy,along with China that is,these two are the "US and EU" of the future in terms of economic strenght.We,dutch trade people,look ahead to that.:rolleyes:

Bhutan is different ofcourse,it officially counts its riches by National Happiness,not such a bad idea...,a neat heaven of peace.

Netherlands royalty to visit Bhutan

27 October, 2007 - Their Royal Highnesses the Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima of The Netherlands will visit Bhutan from October 28-31 on the invitation of His Majesty the King.
- article

a short intresting reading about Bhutan. This is going to be such a wonderful visit, looking forward to tons of pictures of the royal couple as well as to the lovely scenery.

thanks Jess, i like her arrival outfit. I must say that the airport looks nice

i looove maxima's outfit. yellow does suit her. funily enough, this time i like her hat as well. i think it's the same (or similar) to the red one she wore some days ago in india.

it's quite nice that they will meet HM afterwards in india and that maxima will stay there for some days afterwards. really hard-working in my opinion and something she deserves credit for.

Thanks for the photos JessRulz, love to see this wonderful couple. Yes indeed Princess Maxima looks very nice.

That hairband again!!! Oh no! Like little Snowhite or Cinderella. She begins to takeover Laurentiens wicked sense of fashion. Big mistake.

Pictures from there first visit from today. The place they went to looked very colorful. any idea why W-A & Maxima wore a white scarft on their shoulders?it seems they were given to them at the airport also, any idea the house they entered,was what?looked like a school.

In the house that I was wondering about
Picture 1 -- Picture 2

Coming out -- W-A -- W-A 2 -- Maxima -- Maxima 2 -- W-A & Maxima -- Maxima 3 -- Maxima 4 -- Maxima 5

few more pictures from the arrival on ppe-agency

Last edited:
I don´t like her hat or what ever that is.....

These bands are not stylish anymore...the fit to Laurentien, but not to maxima

The royals went to the National Museum of Bhutan and the Kyichu Lhakhang temple - ppe agency

lovely pictures, there architecture is lovely, especially against the scenery.

a few more pictures from later on in the day (ANP)
W-A & Maxima -- talking -- laughing 2 -- smiling (the last two pictures are very sweet)

adorable pictures, bhutan seems like an amazing place!

Do we know who received them at the airport? Obviously not the King, but maybe some of his relatives?

They are so adorable!! I really like the pics!

Thanks dazzling specialy for the last 2!

That hairband again!!! Oh no! Like little Snowhite or Cinderella. She begins to takeover Laurentiens wicked sense of fashion. Big mistake.

Maybe she didn't have enough time to touch her black roots :) Seriously appaling choice again.

I predict shoulder padding to complete the Maxima's 80s retro fever.:lol:

Do we know who received them at the airport? Obviously not the King, but maybe some of his relatives?

ANP said that it was Princess Ashi Sonam Choden Wangchuck - a half-something (zus?) of the King :) I liked Máxima's headband, they suit her IMO

The Princess has meetings on november 1st and 2nd,and will return on saturday november 3rd,Make a Difference Day,so she will not participate in that,unlike her dear mother-in-law who will.:flowers:

And as far as an "under-developed" nation,India has the worlds fastest growing economy,along with China that is,these two are the "US and EU" of the future in terms of economic strenght.We,dutch trade people,look ahead to that.:rolleyes:

Bhutan is different ofcourse,it officially counts its riches by National Happiness,not such a bad idea...,a neat heaven of peace.

The Princess WILL participate in Make a Difference Day after all at the Groene Hart hospital,Gouda.Right after an intensive two weeks abroad,having missed her children like mad,she still goes on just to make that extra step.Chapeau dearest Máxima!

Oh, Máxima, that outfit does absolutely nothing for you! :neutral: The hat is very nice, but the outfit makes her look about eight and a half months pregnant

I think the outfit itself is nice, just the way she put the jacket around her makes it look rather odd and it isn´t flattering her figure either. Still she has worn worse things these last days.

I don't like the hairbands either.:eek:
I like the last outfit. Beatifull color combination, lovely accecories, and extravagant hat. She looks elagant, but the jacket euh.. litlle bit too casual I think....

I think Máxima is losing her great fashion style that I used to like in her first days as a Princess. Now, she wears these horrible gym hairbands, those full skirts and flashy hats. This new dramatic fashion is too much for anyone, especially for a Princess. Some cloths are pretty (the Prada dress is beautiful, imo) but not for her kind of body.

Fantastic how the Queen is in perfect shape for a person of her age. She seems so interested all the time. She's lovely! :)

what a fairy tale like country:flowers:
Maxima's hat is way too big, looks like something for carnaval:neutral:

and lovely pictures from today. I wonder what the dance was, maybe a dance for welocming or a traditional dance. I also though Maxima looked lovely today, nothing fussy about her outfit not her hat.Anp pictures

W-A & Maxima 1 -- W-A & Maxima 2 -- W-A & Maxima 3 -- W-A & Maxima 4 -- W-A & Maxima 5 -- W-A & Maxima 6 -- Cp couple

a picture i thought that would be nice to incliude, its a view of the city - picture

I don't like this new style of Maxima and the hats. Very unlike her, for a moment I thought I was seeing Mabel or Laurentein!

I think Máxima is losing her great fashion style that I used to like in her first days as a Princess. Now, she wears these horrible gym hairbands, those full skirts and flashy hats. This new dramatic fashion is too much for anyone, especially for a Princess.
I agree.. I'm also quite disappointed by Máxima's style.

The dress :eek:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Maxima looks like a Hippie Girl!

it suits the country she is visiting, except Bhutan is only for exclusive hippies, you have to spent a certain amount of money a day :flowers:. I like the way her hair is in the pictures of Dazzling, although she sometimes needs to comb it.:)

I agree.. I'm also quite disappointed by Máxima's style.

The dress :eek:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Maxima looks like a Hippie Girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom