Willem-Alexander and Máxima's Official Visit to Bhutan: October 28-30, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO: I like her outfit (hat included) for the visit with the authority (prince?).

But, the dress for the archery..... I have no words to describe it: ethnic, tribal?

wow, what a horrible dress. she looks more like she is going to the brazilian carnival rather than an official visit!

apart from that, she is adorable as always...

The royals visited Bhutan Archery Federation for a demonstration of archery today. And wow what an outfit for Maxima, it really does suit the atmosphere. what a fun day the couple had.

you go girl 1 -- you go girl 2 -- cp couple -- W-A -- Maxima

Lovely shots of Maxima
Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5 -- pic 6
(ANP)

and a few more on ppe - agency

Well, I have a feeling that she took a drawing form one of the little princesses, and had it made into a dress......

Well, isn´t HOLA praising anyone at any time?

Her dress of today must be the weirdest one I have ever seen her in. Maybe she went shopping with Laurentien ;)?

Last edited:
You're right. If HOLA happened to make a tiny attempt at criticizing any royal openly sometime, I would happily buy it, but so far...

I was thinking...

Máxima tried archery previously in Mongolia, during their official visit in 2006. Judging by her looks, we’d surely hope that she was still there. Incredible change of criteria, regarding clothing, in just one year!

Mongolia 2006 … classy and great matching outfit

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2006/06061605.jpg

Buthan 2007 … folky ‘woodstock-rules!’ outfit

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2007/07102993.jpg

Last edited:

Her dress of today must be the weirdest one I have ever seen her in. Maybe she went shopping with Laurentien ;)?

The dress was a gift at the arrival yesterday,a Bhutan dress,as you can see,and HRH honoured her hosts by wearing it to the tradional Bhutan Archery Foundation.Please don't make funny comments on other cultures dresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand corrected Lucien, thank you for that. It is a nice gesture of the princess indeed!

The gift-dress was just it, very nice gift, but Maxima did not have to wear it. I don't think people of Bhutan would be offended if she did not wear it. It was just not the best outfit on this occasion. I don't think they even expected her to wear it. The dress and long hair made her looking like a hippie.

I like Maxima's facial expressions though. She must be natural and spontaneous woman.:)

Personally, I think if Maxima hadnt worn that dress which was gift to her, then I 1. wouldnt thing it was nice 2. she was in the right place to wear such a lovely outfit.. I mean, if she wore that in the Netherlands, then it wouldve been a disaster, its not a place for an outfit like that & I thing our comments would flood the thread. she was in the right place for it

The gift-dress was just it, very nice gift, but Maxima did not have to wear it. I don't think people of Bhutan would be offended if she did not wear it. It was just not the best outfit on this occasion. I don't think they even expected her to wear it. The dress and long hair made her looking like a hippie.

I like Maxima's facial expressions though. She must be natural and spontaneous woman.:)

Máxima had the courtesy to wear it to an ancient event,and that was highly appreciated.
What some here might think fashion wise,just gives to show their shallowness,as official visits are all about contents only.

More from Bhutan:
ANP Beeldbank

Royalportraits

Last edited:
nothing like anything laurentien wears, she very often looks more common than common:ermm:. Now that I know that the dress was made in Bhutan it is obviously handembroidered and exquisite.

They seem to look both very happy and relaxed more so than usual and I would not be surprised if the atmosphere in Bhutan is very good and influences them.

Were her pants high wasted or what is that?

The lady who received them at the airport, Princess Ashi Sonam Choden Wangchuck is the sister of ex-King Jigme Singye Wangchuck. She's also the Minister of Finance

Actually, I like the suit she's wearing today. I believe its just some good old Missoni.

I just saw the television news, Maxima, WA, the press etc. had to climb for 45 minutes to get to the monestairy. And I believe the couple had to light 1000 candles once they got there. I must say it looked very impressive and in harmony.
The reporter said that they don´t use the BNP Bruto National Product) but the PNH (Bruto National Happiness) as a rating there ;)

I quite love Maxima's dress, it suits her extremely

I applaud Maxima for having the courtesy to wear a dress that was made as a gift for her from the Bhutanese. It's truly a sign of respect. I think it's a beautiful dress and I would wear it, but that's me and we're all of different opinions and taste aren't we?:flowers:
I have great respect that Willem-Alexander and Maxima hiked 45 min. to a remote monastary and then took part in the custom of lighting the candles. It was also a sign of great respect for Bhutan and it's people.:flowers:

:dutchstandard:

Alexander and Máxima returned to New Dehli yesterday afternoon where they were met by HM.
HRH The Prince of Orange and HM The Queen have returned home from New Dehli early this morning.
HRH Princess Máxima will return on friday after two days of meetings on financial sectors in New Dehli.

I didn´t know that HM stayed in India. I hope she had time of to do some sightseeing.

Is it just me or does it seem that the Dutch media picked up on the Bhutan visit more than they did on the state visit to India? I have seen several lenghty television reports about Bhutan, but I can not recall such a thing for India, a few days ago.

I just saw the television news, Maxima, WA, the press etc. had to climb for 45 minutes to get to the monestairy. And I believe the couple had to light 1000 candles once they got there. I must say it looked very impressive and in harmony.
The reporter said that they don´t use the BNP Bruto National Product) but the PNH (Bruto National Happiness) as a rating there ;)

Intresting info Marengo. The walk must of been really fun, the sight from up there must of been heaven. I wonder how long it took to light 1,000 candels? do you know why 1,000 candels?

In this picture from seeger, it looks like Maxima did something wrong or missed a candle:lol: and in this picture looks like W-A is going to burst into laughter any minute:D and this is a very nice picture of Maxima though not the best expression:ROFLMAO:
Looking at art work

I applaud Maxima for having the courtesy to wear a dress that was made as a gift for her from the Bhutanese. It's truly a sign of respect. I think it's a beautiful dress and I would wear it, but that's me and we're all of different opinions and taste aren't we?:flowers:

i didn't know it was a gift! in that case, i truly admire maxima. it's obviously not of my liking, but it's adorable that she decides to wear it. she did the same in some other visit not long ago, with some sort of tribal jewelry.

Dutch royal couple bowled by picturesque Bhutan

Thimphu (PTI): They came, saw and were overwhelmed. The Netherlands' crown prince Willem Alexander and his wife Princess Maxima were so enchanted by the beauty of Bhutan and the lifestyle of its people that they have vowed to add the Himalayan kingdom to their annual 'to-visit' list - article

Land of the Thunder Dragon enchants Dutch royal guests - Hello Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom