Willem-Alexander and Máxima's Language Skills

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marezdote

Royal Highness
City
Baltimore
Country
United States
Does anyone know of any videos of Willem and/or Maxima speaking English? Thanks

Yes, Maixma talks English very good. Before her wedding, she was teaching English to adults (of hoe je dat ook zegt):)

the last time they went to lech, austria, willem alexander talked with the press in german and maxima did so in english. you may find a video of her speaking in the thread specially created for the photosession.

what about the other menbers of the dutch royal family??? and irene,christina and their family???

Which languague di Willem Alexander and Maxima spoke together when they were dating. I suppose that now they must be speaking dutch together ?

Well, they spoke English while they were dating. Don't know what they speak today, but I suppose it's Dutch...

enought about maxima and willem. What about the others??? Chrstina speaks french and beatrix german.

Queen Beatrix and Princess Irene attended elementry school in Canada so they both speak English, and Princess Margarit who was born here also speaks English.

I'm pretty sure every member of the royal family speaks at least English. Beatrix's sons all speak German too (as their father was German). I'm not too sure about other languages. Friso worked in Fontainebleau in France, so he probably speaks French too. The same goes for Laurentien and Constantijn who are living in Brussels. :)

Maxima's speech at the Four Freedom Awards Ceremony, May 13 2006

Hi all,

Today Maxima gave a speech at the Four Freedom Awards ceremony, it must have been in English. Is is possible to get the audio for that speech. It would be really fantastic to hear her speak English. Thanks a million.

Well, we just have to see if the speech is covered by the NOS news or by RTL Boulevard. If I'll find a video of it, I'll post it here.:)

languages of dutch royals:
beatrix,dutch,german,english,french??,,italian???
maxima:spanish,dutch,english
alexander:german,dutch,english,spanish???
mabel:dutch,english,french??? (she lives in brussels doesn't she??)spanish??,(she lives in Mexico doesn't she?)
constanijn and luarentein: french,dutch,english and german for constantijn
pieter,margriet:dutch,english then???
marilene,maurits,dutch,english then???
annette,bernhard:dutch,english then???
aimee,floris: dutch,english then???
anita,pieter christiaan: dutch,english french for anita and maybe italian and german for her. She was born in Swizerland so...
Christina and her family:dutch,english,spanish,italian??? Christina speaks french
Irene and her family:dutch,english,spanish then??,
Maybe margarita speaks french (she lives in a castle in france with her ex-husband)

do you agree??,

Of course they speak English. Didn't Maxima spend quite some time working in New York? Besides pretty much every dutch person I've ever met speaks English and quite well.

Maxie said:
I'm pretty sure every member of the royal family speaks at least English. Beatrix's sons all speak German too (as their father was German). I'm not too sure about other languages. Friso worked in Fontainebleau in France, so he probably speaks French too. The same goes for Laurentien and Constantijn who are living in Brussels. :)

They all speak German,English,French besides dutch ofcourse.Willem-Alexander has become rather good in spanish as well,which is "dangerous":p according to Máxima....

HM and her sisters are fluent in English,German and French as well ofcourse,add Italian for HM too.All of their children speak at least three languages,add spanish and Italian for Princess Irene's children as well.

Amalia and Alexia are raised bi-lingual,dutch and spanish,so they can understand their maternal grandparents and uncles and aunts,besides that those two have/are becoming accostumed to english as well,which is great as children are very perceptive.

I wonder if the girls have a tutor in spanish too?

See my previous post.
yes, I read your previous post, they are raised in both languages but you really don't know if they have spanish tuttor, or yes?????

How many languages can Princess Maxima speak & which are these languages?

i think she speaks italian too

I'm impressed with the world's royals and their many language skills. Most of them seem to speak at least three, and generally with great proficiency. I love the Orange family; they seem so sweet and so normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom