Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Australia & New Zealand: October 23-November 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with the previous posts about Maxima's headgear.

I just cannot fathom how anyone would think it is attractive. Maybe if her had been pulled into a bun or something it would have looked better.

Wow! Maxima really improved here. She looks really elegant. I didn't care so much for the weird head piece at the beginning.

I've never really appreciated Maxima green and white embroidery dress and coat until now. It looks great on her. I don't know what to think about the hat, maybe if she had pulled her hair back in a chignon it would've worked.

I'm on the fence with her new evening gown. On one hand I think the dress is beautiful with it's patterns and the ruffles. On the other hand I think the coloring just doesn't suit her, it looks too much like her skin tone.

I must say though that Prince of Oranje has looked quite handsome on this trip.:flowers:

I really like the dress and jacket worn today it looks great; although she should have ditched the hat.
I'm not too sure about the evening dress, it's a bit "busy" and just makes me think of curtains. Her hair and make-up is fantastic though.

I love both her dresses that she has worn on this trip. I just wish she would not cover them up with those shawls so we could see the entire dress. Come on, Max, we all know you are preggers, and that you have a cute bump. So show it off!

And btw, I didn't even realize that she was wearing a hat at first in the daytime photos- I just thought her hair looked really dirty. Even though I now see the hat, I still think it looks like she needs to wash her hair. Does anyone have a back view of the hat?

I think Maxima looked beautiful in the evening :flowers:

Really Princess Maxima looks very elegant and beautiful.I love her dress:flowers::heart::heart::heart:

Heavens to betsy what is that hat holy moly I just donot understand where is she getting all this fashion "help" from? I am afraid I donot cut any of these CP's any slack. Reason... their lives are completely removed from the everyday and if they donot look at their best in all public engagements then it is bad planning and bad management of their time. They are not like us multitasking in the real world and please donot say that they do bad form Maxima get rid of the stylist and that she is pregnant for the third time well I think she should be used to it by now. I really like Maxima BUT she needs to be more careful IMO.

that hat looks like something that the little mermaid would wear or maybe a ballerina from Swan Lake. It does not look like something that a Crown Princess should wear as a "hat" for a day time visit.
Her outfits are nice. Poor thing. She is in that akward stage in a pregnancy. She is too big to wear regular clothes and be comfortable. Everything looks tight and uncomfortable. And then she is too small to wear maternity wear. but she does look very lovely in her evening wear!:flowers:

CP couple see pictures of CP Mary of Denmark at gallery yet?

sara1981 said:
CP couple see pictures of CP Mary of Denmark at gallery yet?

You could try googling to find out the answer. Also, you could look at the various other sites that report on the goings on of royalty.

Nothing new under the sun

There is nothing new under the sun with Princess Máxima's headgear. It even are almost copies of Queen Juliana's headgear in the 1950's - 1960's. This sort of headgear is called 'toque'. The only thing which is different, is the Princess' long hair. Tocques use to be worn with the hair into a chignon.

A toque is a small decorative accessoire without a brim, often worn on the back of the skull.

:flowers:

Last edited:
The Princess is not doing so well, so said the news

Just saw the news with images from the third day. The Princess is not doing so well, so said the news: jetlag, car in, car out, hot weather, airconditioned rooms, chilly weather, three times a day changing of garderobe.

The Princess is visibly tired and all the time a Hofdame is keeping her in the eye. Offering a chair and water.

The Princess will take a break until friday, the main day, for the gala event in Sydney Opera House.

Henri M. said:
Just saw the news with images from the third day. The Princess is not doing so well, so said the news: jetlag, car in, car out, hot weather, airconditioned rooms, chilly weather, three times a day changing of garderobe.

The Princess is visibly tired and all the time a Hofdame is keeping her in the eye. Offering a chair and water.

The Princess will take a break until friday, the main day, for the gala event in Sydney Opera House.

I recall that even the second trimester can be fatiguing at times, especially with a time change. I hope that her break will benefit her in time for Friday.

I hope Máxima will feel better soon!:ermm: She really looked extremely tired during the latest pictures!

If you look closely at her ankles in the Hobart arrival photo, they do look a bit swollen. She could be having some trouble with edema now. Poor thing, I remember being "in-between" my regular clothing and maternity wear. It isn't an easy time.

Her_Majesty said:
I hope Máxima will feel better soon!:ermm: She really looked extremely tired during the latest pictures!

I thought so too and I am a bit worried about her..She just didn't look like her normal, vibrant self..I hope she will have plenty of rest.

She has looked very tired in some photos. A day off should be good for her. Hopefully, she'll feel better for the rest of the visit.

the princess is very pretty, but it is certain that this traveling much in spite of its pregnancy, on the other hand that will be a great pride for the people of its country, in spite of being waiting for a son it to reduced her agenda that is not an example.

Thanks for the pictures!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the videos, i don´t understand a word,but dutch sounds so nice.

Thanks for the link Henri M, but i could not see the video, just the sound :unhappy: do you know why?

Alisa said:
I've never really appreciated Maxima green and white embroidery dress and coat until now. It looks great on her. I don't know what to think about the hat, maybe if she had pulled her hair back in a chignon it would've worked.

I'm on the fence with her new evening gown. On one hand I think the dress is beautiful with it's patterns and the ruffles. On the other hand I think the coloring just doesn't suit her, it looks too much like her skin tone.

I must say though that Prince of Oranje has looked quite handsome on this trip.:flowers:

Couldn't agree more. And that hat..at first glance I thought she had had a visit of her hair colorist and he had forgotten to take out the pieces of aluminum foil that stylists sometimes use to color people's hair, :lol:

It was a terrible hat enough in itself but it made her hair look even more string-y than usual. Terrible. Normally Maxima wears great wonderful hats, they look good on her. But not today evidently! :wacko:

amina1 said:
That's why I don't support the idea of having babies one after the other;) as most people do to feel all the pain at ones,let them grow all together...but it's just so exzausting for the human body:wacko:
Couldn't agree more! The poor woman just looks exhausted!
Pregnancy AND the very very full calendar, not a great combo really. Boy, I used to complain Maxima didn't pull her all, because a few years ago, she was more on vacation than putting in hours visiting Dutch constituents. But now it is the other way around and I'm starting to think someone should tell her to slow down the work!:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom