Willem-Alexander & Máxima Visit Australia & New Zealand: October 23-November 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think that too. I think that she even fell better now than before in Australia.

Maybe It was because of change time and I also think, that weather is hotter there, than on New Zealand. ;)

About time yes - I think that she (they) just accustomed to change time and weather.

Thanks for the pictures mims111:flowers:
Those with wind are funny. As always with the wind.

Last edited:
lucien said:
Good morning Princess Olga:)
typical last-resort tactic of people who are losing an argument. ;) But anyhow good morning to you too.:flowers:

[/quote]

Marengo said:
Why should the prince of Orange be 'thankfull' to a reporter with bad manners who has been harassing him for the last couple of days? I do not see why and I also fail to see why royals should put up with anything like this, just because they are royals & get paid by the Dutch state.
He doesn't, but when he is perceived to be on a state trip, people perceive this comment of WA differently and put it in a different light than when he would be harrassed for example at home in Wassenaar. his comment was not only for the ears of that pesky paparazzo, there were also locals present. According to even de Telegraaf, they quoted some New Zealanders saying: do you realize how he's perceived there because of this? As arrogant, cranky.

Marengo said:
-Maybe I want to throw a cake in the face of my teacher. Teachers get payed by the Dutch state to and doing so will enhance my satisfaction at school & my teacher needs motivated students. Ergo, my teacher has to comply??
In that situation, no one would perceive the teacher being off base but in the situation of what Alexander did, it was at least confusing to the unsuspecting new zealand audience. It is all about perception, and Alexander in this situation failed to appreciate that, that's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
Well Olga, I see your point, but I still think that Willem-Alexander was right in principle, though the way it backfires could have been forseen by him and it would have been wiser if he would just have given a smile. And in a way he awarded the journalist in question, by giving him a good story.

CP couples looks so lovely in new zealand and the couples got 3 pengiun dolls for Amalia and Alexia,and also new baby that right

I agree with Marengo on this.

Just throwing in my support

Augh! I read that they were in danger..I was afraid, but I feel relieved when I knew that the plane they travelled in made a safe landing...Ouf! :wacko:

Vanesa.

Marengo said:
Well Olga, I see your point, but I still think that Willem-Alexander was right in principle, though the way it backfires could have been forseen by him and it would have been wiser if he would just have given a smile. And in a way he awarded the journalist in question, by giving him a good story.
In my opinion, i think the two of you are right;)

juliana said:
Yes we agree - no matter what had been asked he should have been polite:)
Perhaps we could get jobs teaching some of these royals etiquette;) Or maybe they need some PR training:cool:.
It would be understandable if it had been Maxima, given her condition.
Hey, maybe Willem Alexander is expecting too. :lol: (j/k)

rchat said:
It would be understandable if it had been Maxima, given her condition.
Hey, maybe Willem Alexander is expecting too. :lol: (j/k)

Willem-Alexander is not expecting pregnant he is male! but Maxima is pregnant!

sara1981 said:
Willem-Alexander is not expecting pregnant he is male! but Maxima is pregnant!

Actually, they are both pregnant. Just because Willem is not subject to the physicality's of pregnancy does not mean he is not pregnant :flowers:

They are both expecting a child so they are, therefore, both pregnant. However, in some cases, men have contracted what is is believed to be a form of morning sickness and enlarged chest glands...

I'm confident Willem-Alexander will not have to worry of such things though.lol.

Last edited:
Marengo said:

Exactly Marengo,at a meeting with the press in Auckland today the Prince was asked about the whole hullabaloo.
And here's what HRH had to say about what was "perceived" as a gaffe,so,maybe it's a good suggestion to wait
with our comments till we've heard both sides on the same story...:flowers:

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Courtesy hja.

Marengo said:
Well Olga, I see your point, but I still think that Willem-Alexander was right in principle, though the way it backfires could have been forseen by him and it would have been wiser if he would just have given a smile. ..
true, he was right in principle. In fact, had I been in his place, I'd have kicked some sense and respect into that horrible photographer...:lol:..which is why I'd be totally unfit to be king/queen, LOL! The wiser one, indeed, was Maxima who, as always, took the high road by just remaining friendly. Come to think of it, the entire Zorreguieta clan is more press friendly than the Oranjes!
Oh well, Henri M.is right, at least they speak their minds on some things..:lol:

lucien said:
Exactly Marengo,at a meeting with the press in Auckland today the Prince was asked about the whole hullabaloo.
And here's what HRH had to say about what was "perceived" as a gaffe,so,maybe it's a good suggestion to wait
with our comments till we've heard both sides on the same story...:flowers:

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Courtesy hja.
ah so it was a joke?! Taht would make the most sense, it has to be said. BUT--I heard his comment on audio and it sure didn't sound like a joke to me! But then, I didn't <see> footage of him saying this so maybe his body language would have explained? Poor guy, now all he needs to do is work on his joke delivery skills! Because most of us didn't exactly grok right away that this wasn't meant as a serious comment..I'm wondering if he's trying to save the situation by saying it was a joke or what. I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he's done a great job during the rest of the trip.

So, what does everyone think, was Beatrix also joking when she uttered the famous words, "de leugen regeert"? ;)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom