WA, Máxima & Daughters: Summer Holiday in Argentina & Lawsuit against AP: Summer 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they will enjoy their visit to Argentina.

According to Infobae.com, the couple, the three princesses and Máxima's parents will stay a week to ten days at Villa La Angostura. They are staying at Cumelén Country Club:

*Las fotos de Máxima y su familia en Villa la Angostura - Infobae.com*

Apparently, the Prince was spotted running along the interior paths of the country club, and the couple wandered inside of it in a very relaxed way.

24CON - El paraíso*donde descansa la princesa Máxima

The article also says that W-A bought two terrains on the lake coast in a country club named "Muelle De Piedra" (in Villa La Angostura as well).

What a beautiful place! The home that they are staying in is very charming. I liked seeing the photo of Maxima and Amalia on skis. It looks like they are having a wonderful holiday.

This article says that W-A is driving Martin Zorreguieta's Toyota pickup these days. And also that the ski centre is opening one hour earlier, due to the presence of the Princely couple (they like to ski early, and usually leave around 3 pm).

It says that Máxima is trying the most difficult slopes and that they usually have a break at Martin Zorreguieta's restaurant / shelter, named 180.

Meanwhile, Ariane stays with the grandparents :flowers:

:previous:
Beautiful pictures, of the family skiing. Maxima looks wonderful at home.:flowers:

nice pics, good to know they swapped italy for argentina. this picture of maxima and amalia is perfect! it seems that they are getting some days of well-deserved rest.

did they travel with much security?

It is interesting, that they are so far from Europe, in a small village and we know where they are. They can't be private. I don't understand how can make other royals their holiday so private. (For example Mette-Marit and Haakon or Mathilde of Belgium or others)

I don't know for sure, Fortimo, but my guess is that it depends on the local press, and the royal family themselves. Sometimes, royals will agree to be photographed in exchange for privacy during the rest of the vacation. I don't know the case with Willem-Alexander and Maxima, but I think that it may be one of the things that I just mentioned.

It is interesting, that they are so far from Europe, in a small village and we know where they are.

They are skiing in a small village, in a big country, where everybody knows who Máxima is.

It's funny just last week they were frollicking on a beach in the sun and now they're skiing in the snow. :)

yeah, and she has time, she passes with her family in Argentina. When she declines her argentinian nationality? Because she can do it. Law says it.

yeah, and she has time, she passes with her family in Argentina. When she declines her argentinian nationality? Because she can do it. Law says it.

i think it's not an option in argentinian law to decline your nationality.

Exactly. It is not possible to give up the Argentinean nationality.

Same in here, I think in Latin America we can't do that :flowers::flowers:

I wonder which lenguage does Ms. Cerruti use to talk to her grand-daughters, or if she maybe knows a little bit about dutch

Same in here, I think in Latin America we can't do that :flowers::flowers:

I wonder which lenguage does Ms. Cerruti use to talk to her grand-daughters, or if she maybe knows a little bit about dutch

Spanish,the girls are young polyglots,speaking spanish and english,the first good the latter better and better,
as far as Amalia and Alexia are concerned.The children do have an spanish speaking nanny too.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Absolutely Lucien and it's easier for children to learn more than one language than it is for adults so it's better to teach them when they're young.

Lucien that is so true! many countries in europe kids learn to speak several languages, my husband speaks 7 languages and I speak 3 and can manage to defend myself with other 2, i have my daughter speakng fluently 2 languages, she is 7 now, but last summer we were in france for 3 months so we put her in the school for one month, she came out speaking fluently french, she tells you i am like my daddy i speak a lot of languages!! ja! ja. we were amazade how she being so joung goit it so quick, of course if shedoes not practice she forgets but for kids it is so easy to learn the language1 excellent for maxima to get an argentinean nanny, very cleaver!

An example to other countries.....:whistling:

Well, that's the advantage of living in an developed continent, but in here, is very difficult and also because there are a few people to practice with.

Anyway, I love my Spanish. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Well, that's the advantage of living in an developed continent, but in here, is very difficult and also because there are a few people to practice with.

Anyway, I love my Spanish. :flowers::flowers::flowers:
I think a lot of the sothamerican countries teach other languages in argentina you can find many schools, private, that they would teach 2 languages, all morning spanish , all afternoon english , for excample, and they are like this itialian, german schools to mention something, the real problem is here in the US where you can not find schools like this, I listen in Dallas they are a couple but where I live , you get just 2 hours a weeks spanish, now you can learn a language with just 2 hour a week?
America still in a develop continent but in general the people are not very interested to learn another language, you have the north just canada, where they speak english and french and in the south mexico , so they feel they do not have the neccesity to learn another language i suppose. in europe it is easier the countriees are so close one to eachotehr that it make it easy i think! but going back to Maxima I think she is very clever to have the kids speaking both languages and i am sure they learn english too, so probably by now they are trilingual, specialy Amalia!

I think a lot of the sothamerican countries teach other languages in argentina you can find many schools, private, that they would teach 2 languages, all morning spanish , all afternoon english , for excample, and they are like this itialian, german schools to mention something, the real problem is here in the US where you can not find schools like this, I listen in Dallas they are a couple but where I live , you get just 2 hours a weeks spanish, now you can learn a language with just 2 hour a week?
America still in a develop continent but in general the people are not very interested to learn another language, you have the north just canada, where they speak english and french and in the south mexico , so they feel they do not have the neccesity to learn another language i suppose. in europe it is easier the countriees are so close one to eachotehr that it make it easy i think! but going back to Maxima I think she is very clever to have the kids speaking both languages and i am sure they learn english too, so probably by now they are trilingual, specialy Amalia!

What I meant is exactly that, we don't have that necesity to learn 7 lenguages to demostrate we are a developed country, we just need (i.e, me) English and Spanish. I would love to learn dutch and italian as well, but just like a hobby, because in this continent we normally use 2, and foreign people who came here speak in English. And yes, very clever, also because those little princesses are going to be ambassadors of their country to the world, so, they may need many lenguages to talk to some important people in different countries, in addition, it demostrates a high level of culturalization :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Spanish,the girls are young polyglots,speaking spanish and english,the first good the latter better and better,
as far as Amalia and Alexia are concerned.The children do have an spanish speaking nanny too.

Not unusual,many children here are brought up bi-lingual or tri-lingual,as we were.
Such an advantage in later life.
Many,if not most ,Dutch speak 2 or 3 or more foreign languages,very common.An example to other countries.....:whistling:

How are you so sure that the girls are polyglots? :whistling: As far as I know, and from very good sources, they aren't even fluent in Spanish.

An example to which countries?:) I hope you don't mean Argentina. Argentinean Máxima speaks 4 languages(English, Spanish, Dutch and French) and she's not Dutch

How are you so sure that the girls are polyglots? :whistling: As far as I know, and from very good sources, they aren't even fluent in Spanish.

kind of hard to say that any kid of the age of amalia, alexia and ariane can speak any language fluently... :rolleyes: they are learning, just as they are learning dutch and i'm sure they will be polyglots in the near future, which as its been said is a real advantage. all kids should have that option, makes things much easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom