WA and Máxima at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing: August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marmi

Heir Presumptive
City
-
Country
New Zealand
(Edit Marengo) The first post was moved here by mistake. To delete it would mean that the entire thread would be deleted too, so I keep this post here. This thread is about Máxima and WA at the summer olympics of 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beijing 2008 Olympics

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and wife Maxima at the Openning Ceremony of the 29th Olympic Games, August 8th 2008, BeiJing, China.

Picture here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that maybe she is making a joke with president Lula over the Brasil and Argentina in football. It´s an old and respected rivalry.

She has this face expression few times before.

Maxima has to be the most outgoing and most natural princess of all. She is just a regular, happy Dutch woman having fun at the Olympics. There is not an inch of stuffiness in her unlike other princesses that I won't mention!

Yes, she seems friendly, but her facial and body expressions are very ugly, tacky, she has to take care of it, it doesn't look good on her, a little scary.

Yes, she seems friendly, but her facial and body expressions are very ugly, tacky, she has to take care of it, it doesn't look good on her, a little scary.

I believe you are being very harsh. Maxima is a very gregarious lady who looks truly happy, The last thing she looks is scary. She seems friendly, open and funny.

Last edited:
I believe you are being very harsh. Maxima is a very gregarious lady who looks truly happy, The last thing she looks is scary. She seems friendly, open and funny.

You should read better my post, I said "" YES, SHE SEEMS FRIENDLY"" I never said other thing, I'm talking about her physical appereance, and I'm sorry but that's my opinion.

You should read better my post, I said "" YES, SHE SEEMS FRIENDLY"" I never said other thing, I'm talking about her physical appereance, and I'm sorry but that's my opinion.

Sorry Catango but I read again thread #152 where you said, yes she is friendly but her facial and body expressions are very ugly, tacky.....
You are certainly entitled to your opinion but this is what you said.
Ugly tacky scary.........I disagree with these descriptions since I do not find her ugly tacky or scary.

silly

Why should she watch her gestures/expressions, Catango?? At least she is REAL and genuine. No fakeness there that you see with other royal figures who allways look the same and have the same expressions.

There are some very sweet pics of WA and Max at the Swimming event today!

So do I ! Cute couple and I love her outfit

I agree princesbeagle. When I saw her photo during "Queen's Day" in that purple suit and hat on skates I knew this is the CP the Dutch want and appreciate. Maxima is a perfect CP for the Dutch people and this is all that matters.

Why should she watch her gestures/expressions, Catango?? At least she is REAL and genuine. No fakeness there that you see with other royal figures who allways look the same and have the same expressions.

There are some very sweet pics of WA and Max at the Swimming event today!

Amen. Yes, she is normal and refreshing. Others pose for the camera and give the same fake smile and they look at their husband in the same fake way.

No wonder the Dutch love Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima. :flowers:

This Crown Princely couple definitely both love and are in love with each other. Better yet, they are not afraid to show how they feel in public. Very romantic . . . . . :wub:

You gotta love those two. And you're quite right, Odette. This is indeed the CP couple we Dutch want to see. In this crazy, little and during sport events very orange country we like to see some spontaneous behaviour from our royals. At least I know I do. ;)

And well, Maxima is quite an expressive lady. Being one myself too, I know but too well that sometimes during parties etc. it causes interesting pictures you sometimes want to forget about immediately. :lol:

Thank you for the pictures all, it's great to look at them!

20080809221149_0_2.jpg

This picture is so cute! I think Maxima is very charming. She always looks like she is having a good time, and she just seems very easygoing and natural.

They look like they are having the time of their lives! These photos are just fantastic.

I absolutely love this couple!! They look like they were newlyweds all the time!!

You gotta love those two. And you're quite right, Odette. This is indeed the CP couple we Dutch want to see. In this crazy, little and during sport events very orange country we like to see some spontaneous behaviour from our royals. At least I know I do. ;)

And well, Maxima is quite an expressive lady. Being one myself too, I know but too well that sometimes during parties etc. it causes interesting pictures you sometimes want to forget about immediately. :lol:

Thank you for the pictures all, it's great to look at them!

Whenever I talk with my Dutch friends, they always say how right Maxima is for WA and the Netherlands. I may have heard a bit of negative comments about him, but everyone adores her. Strange isn't it??

I dont think these have been posted:

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

(If this doesnt work please let me know, I didnt bother posting pictures individually because my flat has used up our broadband allowance and are down to dial up speed...)

I don't think she is ugly, far from it. But she does sometimes remind me of a Dutch version of Fergie...during the "bad" times. She makes crazy faces and sometimes comes off like an over-excited Labrador.

She's not my ideal of a perfect CP but I have to admit that she looks like a fun lady to hang out with, as far from stuffy as can be.

And if the Dutch are pleased with her that is all that matters, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom