The Princess of Orange, Pss Alexia and Pss Ariane, News Part 2 (Feb 2019 -Dec 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Dutch and I think that the Dutch in general feel that Amalia should have the choice to chose a different path, if that is what makes her really happy.
Whether it would happen, I doubt it. Unless Alexia can convince her older sister that she is ready AND willing to take her place.

As a fellow Dutch, imho it is her duty to be the next queen of the Netherlands. That doesn't mean that if she truly doesn't want to (so far the indications are that she is aware of her duty and is preparing for it out of the limelight), that there aren't options to make that known and change the outcome; but it's not a 'pick and choose; what do you like most?'. My (and the country's and even constitutional) expectation for her is to fulfill the role of princess of Orange to the best of her abilities right now and take on the dignity and all that comes with it when the time comes to ascend the throne as the next queen of the Netherlands.

If the family decides that the burden of this constitutional position is too heavy to carry (especially for the heir), they should make it known and the monarchy should be abolished... or another family found willing to carry it on (but it seems rather unlikely to be accepted by the Dutch parliament/population).

Theoretically it aren't the Dutch people that expect Catharina-Amalia to become Queen one day. It's the constitution that expects her to do so, which has led to the practice of people expecting it from her.
She's not the chosen one like in an election.

So yes, unless she would for whatever reason truly be unable to fulfill that duty one day, she has no choice. This is what she is supposed to do.

Last edited:
This discussion is quite interesting. I think that we haven't heard yet about Amalia's opinion on her future role (or should I say a speech, or interview where she talks about it).

We've seen Leonor talking about her role as Princess of Asturias, Elisabeth at her 18th birthday where she said that Belgium can count on her, and Ingrid Alexandra at her confirmation who often spoke about her position (and King Harald at her confirmation who spoke that she will be the first female Sovereign not to be overtaken by a young male sibling, which means Ingrid Alexandra truly knows about her serious role and the commitment she has to take).

But for Amalia not much is known, except when WA became King. She apparently said when she was going to be Queen?...But that's not even an opinion on the matter or an oath. Or did I miss something? Did she say anything about it in a meaningful way before? Perhaps, at King's day?

Last edited:
This discussion is quite interesting. I think that we haven't heard yet about Amalia's opinion on her future role (or should I say a speech, or interview where she talks about it).

We've seen Leonor talking about her role as Princess of Asturias, Elisabeth at her 18th birthday where she said that Belgium can count on her, and Ingrid Alexandra at her confirmation who often spoke about her position (and King Harald at her confirmation who spoke that she will be the first female Sovereign not to be overtaken by a young male sibling, which means Ingrid Alexandra truly knows about her serious role and the commitment she has to take).

But for Amalia not much is known, except when WA became King. She apparently said when she was going to be Queen?...But that's not even an opinion on the matter or an oath. Or did I miss something? Did she say anything about it in a meaningful way before? Perhaps, at King's day?

The girl just turned seventeen. The only real expression was on King's Day 2019, where a 15 years old Princess stated she did not want a show-version of herself, meaning she intends to remain her true self.

I think adults who feel the need to pick on children or young people are very insecure about them self's. It is always easier to pick on someone else, then look at one's self, these people should take a good look in the mirror and be honest and ask them self's if they like what they see?. Sadly to say Bullying has been with Society maybe since the beginning of time. As time goes on it is getting worse. The arrogance of these people is sickening, maybe if someone do it to them or their children, it will open their eye, but I don't think so, their selfishness don't allow it. To these people I can only say grow up and get a life.
Bravo, I agree. I always feel the same way when the bullies mock Catherine or Latizia for their slim shapes. Of course critique their clothes but since both of these women have close relatives with same slender figures, I guess slender bodies run in their family. Some of the comments were quite beastly. Often wonder why they enjoy making such comments and would they still do if they didn't hide behind the safety of the internet with fake names. Damn Shame.

I am Dutch and I think that the Dutch in general feel that Amalia should have the choice to chose a different path, if that is what makes her really happy.
Whether it would happen, I doubt it. Unless Alexia can convince her older sister that she is ready AND willing to take her place.

I am not very familiar with the Dutch constitution, but, other than exclusion from the line of succession for marrying without the consent of Parliament, I believe the only option for Amalia to renounce her sucession rights would be a bill introduced on behalf of the King under Art. 29, but that would require approval of two-thirds of the votes cast in a joint session of the two houses of Parliament.

Technicalities aside, the relevant point to convey, especially for readers who live in republics, is that it is generally impossible for a person to unilaterally renounce his/her succession rights to a Crown. So being a successor to the throne is something a person is generally stuck with regardless of his/her will.

Again, countries like Spain, Netherlands and the UK require special legislation for excluding successors by renunciation (in Spain and the Netherlands, qualified majorities are required; in the UK, consent from other Commonwealth realms is also needed). In some other monarchies like Sweden or Denmark, renunciation by ordinary legislation may not even be possible and, again, other than exclusion by unapproved marriages or religious tests, it may be the case that only a constitutional amendment procedure could change the line of sucession (not sure about that though).

I am not very familiar with the Dutch constitution, but, other than exclusion from the line of succession for marrying without the consent of Parliament, I believe the only option for Amalia to renounce her sucession rights would be a bill introduced on behalf of the King under Art. 29, but that would require approval of two-thirds of the votes cast in a joint session of the two houses of Parliament.

Technicalities aside, the relevant point to convey, especially for readers who live in republics, is that it is generally impossible for a person to unilaterally renounce his/her succession rights to a Crown. So being a successor to the throne is something a person is generally stuck with regardless of his/her will.

Again, countries like Spain, Netherlands and the UK require special legislation for excluding successors by renunciation (in Spain and the Netherlands, qualified majorities are required; in the UK, consent from other Commonwealth realms is also needed). In some other monarchies like Sweden or Denmark, renunciation by ordinary legislation may not even be possible and, again, other than exclusion by unapproved marriages or religious tests, it may be the case that only a constitutional amendment procedure could change the line of sucession (not sure about that though).
Well, I was talking about sentiment, not practicalities. [emoji3]

One would wish,or better want,it is the LAST..

I certainly call on all to ban this non- program of sorts.That Carlo Bosshard creature went too far,way way too far!
And that Najib,how cheap can one get,how cheap,and what reaffirment of sorts,bah bah bah!

Down with the lot!?

I certainly agree. I think all "shows" that mock and bully anyone are a disgrace. [...] That being said, to pull apart a child or teen is wicked. The authors and actors should be held accountable publicly for their being morally evil [...]

This type of bullying toward Amalia, albeit in an implicit manner, is disgusting.

Could you clarify precisely what was said or shown on the program which you are referring to? I was unable to find specifics in the articles which have been posted here, although it is entirely possible that I overlooked it. Marengo, Lee-Z, and Lady Daly referred to the criticism being focused on the casting of an adult man based on his name being "Amhali". Is that what your comments are based upon?

Could you clarify precisely what was said or shown on the program which you are referring to? I was unable to find specifics in the articles which have been posted here, although it is entirely possible that I overlooked it. Marengo, Lee-Z, and Lady Daly referred to the criticism being focused on the casting of an adult man based on his name being "Amhali". Is that what your comments are based upon?

Muhler's post #186 spoke about a tv satire, RTL's De TV Kantine, portraying the royal family and especially Amalia in a derogatory way. Several links are listed on his post calling out the show.

I searched and found a clip of the show. I don't understand the language but the audio visual is far from funny. They used an adult male comedian, Najib Amhali, to dress up as 17 y/o teen Princess Amalia.

https://www.rtlxl.nl/programma/de-tv-kantine/fb3a1d0b-64b9-4e09-a9f7-449f1e980778 (tap several times on black screen, clip plays after 2 ads) It's pretty sicko.:yuk:

You feel,not the Dutch in general.At all!

Princess Alexia will go to the United World College of the Atlantic (UWC Atlantic College) in Llantwit Major in Wales from this summer on, it was announced today. It's a 2 year programme that will be completed with the International Baccalaureate.

It is the same school King Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Elisabeth have visited. Princess Leonor will also start at Atlantic College after the summer.

** Announcement **

Last edited:
:previous:
Probably Princess Alexia will be in the same class as Princess Leonor, they are the same age. They will certainly know each other and will be able to become friends.
It is very interesting news.

Princess Alexia will go to the United World College of the Atlantic (UWC Atlantic College) in Llantwit Major in Wales from this summer on, it was announced today. It's a 2 year programme that will be completed with the International Baccalaureate.

It is the same school King Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Elisabeth have visited. Princess Leonor will also start at Atlantic College after the summer.

** Announcement **

Does that mean Princess Alexia and the Princess of Asturias will be classmates?

I suspect the dads chatted about the trials and joys of teenage daughters and WA floated the idea of having the girls go one day what with the benefits it gave him in getting independence, maturity and relative freedom.If they can potentially be friends that’s a huge bonus for the future as well.

And since Alexia very likely knows Spanish, she may well become a friend to/friendly with Leonor.
:previous:
Probably Princess Alexia will be in the same class as Princess Leonor, they are the same age. They will certainly know each other and will be able to become friends.
It is very interesting news.

Not to be that person but The Spanish Alexia knows from her mother is going to be somewhat different than the Spanish Leonor speaks. They both know pretty decent English by know so that might be the language of choice between them.

What are the plans for the Princess of Orange? Why did she not attend UWC and follow in her father's footsteps?

What are the plans for the Princess of Orange? Why did she not attend UWC and follow in her father's footsteps?

Thatis what i'm wondering too. But of course it is their own choice.

That's quite a scoop in PR terms for the United World College of the Atlantic (UWC Atlantic College) to have 3 future queens on the Academic Records!

2 unless the Dutch are not telling us something:)

The then Prince of Orange changed from school during his secondary education and finalized in Wales. Princess Alexia will do the same.

The Princess of Orange most likely will finalize her secondary education at the current Gymnasium ( = university pre-school with Latin and ancient Greek in the curriculum) in The Hague.

Elisabeth of Belgium ,Duchess of Brabant was also a student there :previous:

That's quite a scoop in PR terms for the United World College of the Atlantic (UWC Atlantic College) to have 3 future queens on the Academic Records!

Two future Queens (the Duchess of Brabant and the Princess of Asturias) and one future King (the then Prince of Orange).

Princess Alexia is not the heiress-presumptive.

Last edited:
Not exactly on the topic, but Pss Leonore seems so much younger than Pss Alexia. I'm shocked that Leonore will be 16 this year :eek:

Alexia scans older because she seems more vivid and enjoys her makeup, fashion and hair judging from photos. A regular trendy teen while Leonor is a pretty demure young girl with her plainer dresses and little makeup Look for that to change after she gets with a more cosmopolitan group of teens and out from mamas wings.

It's strange that the Princess of Orange doesn't have an international education so far, and Princess Alexia is going to take a step forward and go to school outside the country.
But of course, it may be an option for the Princess of Orange herself to study in the Netherlands until the end of regular education.

It's strange that the Princess of Orange doesn't have an international education so far, and Princess Alexia is going to take a step forward and go to school outside the country.
But of course, it may be an option for the Princess of Orange herself to study in the Netherlands until the end of regular education.

The only difference is that Princess Alexia tranfers from the one secondary school to the other secondary school, so to say.

Princess Amalia simply finishes her current secondary school (she is in her last year). Very well possible she can go to the Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina Santa María de los Buenos Aires, her mother's Alma Mater.

Why not?

:flowers:

The difference between the Spanish that Leonor speaks and the Spanish that Alexia speaksIs the same as the difference between American English and British English. Therefore if they want to speak Spanish to each other they should have no problem.

Two future Queens (the Duchess of Brabant and the Princess of Asturias) and one future King (the then Prince of Orange).

Princess Alexia is not the heiress-presumptive.

Yes sorry I always mix up the Dutch Royal A's ,2 future queen's ,1 present monarch and a Dutch Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom