The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2020, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Office of the Public Prosector in the Netherlands is quite active on this sort of insults and threats, not only to members of the Royal House, but also to ministers, mayors, police officers, anyone in the public service.

For fellow forummers from Anglosaxon countries this maybe looks oppressive, but any Dutch citizen enjoys the right not to be subjected to arbitrary or unlawful interference with privacy, family, home or correspondence nor to unlawful attacks on the honour or reputation.

Because members of the Royal House, ministers, mayors, police officers, etc. are in the public service, it is not themselves in person to start a lawsuit, but the Public Prosecutor himself, exactly because it is the duty of the State to protect persons active in public service.

For an example, (verbally) assaulting someone in the public service is double the punishment for "normal" situations, exactly because a fireman, an ambulancier, a mayor, a clerk at the social service, a member of the Royal House are representing a public service, namely the State.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

As it should be. No one should have to endure deeply personal insults and more or less veiled threats just because they are public figures.

I think the additional punishment metered to some work-groups is quite common.
In DK it's called "embedsmand i funktion" I think it's more clear in German: "Beamter in Funktion."
Don't know the English expression: Civil servant on duty?

What I think is good about the Dutch system is that it's not up to the individual offended (say a politician) but up to another authority as to whether the police should be involved or not.
It can be mentally draining and time consuming for the individual politician to report something to the police. Not to mention facing the allegations about being thin-skinned and sometimes being accused of being a hypocrite as well.

I wish we had that system to shield out politicians as well here in DK.

Old 05-01-2020, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yikes, I wouldn't like to live in some people's heads. I can't think why anyone would want to send a death threat to another person, let alone a minor. And the fact that the person sent the messages via a public platform such as Instagram is even more pathetic - you'd think if you wanted to do such a thing you'd keep yourself anonymous.
I hope that the situation will be resolved soon and that Amalia and especially her friends - as they're private citizens - will be protected from this.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-13-2020, 09:12 AM
Majesty

apparently a friend of alexia published on tiktok a video of alexia and her friends rapping to the song In the party by Flo Milli, which has as the article describes it 'non princessy language'.

it is unknown if it was alexia who requested the video to be taken down, or the service of communications of the palace. apparently this happened in the past when other videos of alexia had to be taken down.

according to Marc van der Linden, WA and maxima are said to be strict with their daughters use of social media.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_ho...ideo-retirado/
Old 06-13-2020, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Of course they must be strict with their daughters, the public can as we know be easy to offend.

But is it funny when they pull a stunt like that once in a while.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

It seems Alexia, so far, is the 'wildest' (but still rather mild) of the three daughters; Amalia of course has a little less leeway as the future queen and Ariane is a bit younger.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Of course they must be strict with their daughters, the public can as we know be easy to offend.

But is it funny when they pull a stunt like that once in a while.
Haha, me too! It just reminds us that royal children have "regular" upbringings when it comes to things they like to do with their friends. Alexia has always been into social media, it would seem, and I'm sure she'll learn how to manage personal and public posts in the future. She's still only a teenager after all.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wild child? Tiktok videos is wild? Everyone from babies to grandmas have been making tiktok videos in this pandemic. And to all kinds of music.

I know some people have this 'Disney princess' vision of what a princess should be but this is the 21st century. And princess or not she is a teen. Hardly wild child activities. She isn't out partying or under age drinking or even dying her hair purple or a mowhawk.

If QEII can post an Instagram video with her grandson doing a mike drop, the teenage princess of the Netherlands can post a tiktok.

I sometimes cant stop laughing at the pearl clutching.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Wild child? Tiktok videos is wild? Everyone from babies to grandmas have been making tiktok videos in this pandemic. And to all kinds of music.

I know some people have this 'Disney princess' vision of what a princess should be but this is the 21st century. And princess or not she is a teen. Hardly wild child activities. She isn't out partying or under age drinking or even dying her hair purple or a mowhawk.

If QEII can post an Instagram video with her grandson doing a mike drop, the teenage future queen of the Netherlands can post a tiktok.

I sometimes cant stop laughing at the pearl clutching.
Princess Alexia is NOT the future queen of the Netherlands. Her older sister is the future queen. And posting video's on Tiktok is not the only thing she's done. As Hereditary Princess pointed out princess Alexia is the one who is most into social media (and does die her hair); based on the way she presents herself so far she is slightly 'wilder' than her sisters (but as I said - very 'mild' and so, nothing to worry about). Not sure where you found the pearl clutching.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Posting on social media and not having her natural color isn't even mildly wild

Sorry but when I see people worried about a wild streak (even if wild) that she will hopefully 'grow out of' over having Instagram and highlights, I picture my 88 year old grandmother clutching pearls and worried about the 'future of these kids today'.

All royals had their teen days. It just wasn't so public last generation.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:30 PM
Courtier

You mean Alexia's lovely red hair isn't natural? That seems sad.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Alexia's red hair is natural, because if it isn't, then she is coloring her hair since a child, which is weird.

There are pictures of her here (one of them is a close-up at the sun from last year summer photo session, and to me it looks natural because of her roots.)

https://www.hola.com/moda/actualidad...stilo-looks/5/
Old 06-26-2020, 02:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

New picture of Princess Alexia as celebrates today her 15th Birthday

https://twitter.com/Patrickvkatwijk/...778689/photo/1
Old 06-26-2020, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

So utterly beautiful !
Old 06-27-2020, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonder if she will have the typical quincienera????
Old 06-27-2020, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

It isn't common in the Netherlands but with an Argentinian mother, who knows. I don't remember any reports about a quinceanera for Amalia though.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Wonder if she will have the typical quincienera????
Interesting question. It would be a nice idea to keep up with Alexia's Argentinian heritage, but with the current social distancing measures (according to some posts from Dutch people on Twitter, people have been good at following social distancing rules in the Netherlands) I sadly can't see a big quinceanera party happening.

Old 06-28-2020, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It isn't common in the Netherlands but with an Argentinian mother, who knows. I don't remember any reports about a quinceanera for Amalia though.
May be they would have done something very private and small ??? It is such a huge thing in Argentina and I wonder if Maxima had one. With the access of money that they have and I see Maxima keeping some of the Argentinean tradition I would be very surprise she woudn't do something special for their daughters 15 birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Interesting question. It would be a nice idea to keep up with Alexia's Argentinian heritage, but with the current social distancing measures (according to some posts from Dutch people on Twitter, people have been good at following social distancing rules in the Netherlands) I sadly can't see a big quinceanera party happening.
That it is true, social distancing and the virus would be a problem for a party. How it is in the Netherlands? Here you can have a party up to 30 people. And I read today the red zone it will open next week in the Netherlands.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
May be they would have done something very private and small ??? It is such a huge thing in Argentina and I wonder if Maxima had one. With the access of money that they have and I see Maxima keeping some of the Argentinean tradition I would be very surprise she woudn't do something special for their daughters 15 birthday!
I fully agree that it would be rather likely that Máxima would throw something like a quinceanera party for her daughters - but as we didn't hear about it for Amalia, it is unlikely that we'll hear about it for Alexia. Even more so in Corona times.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy

She looks lovely.