The Princess of Orange, Pss Alexia and Pss Ariane, News Part 2 (Feb 2019 -Dec 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the best to Princess Alexia! I hope she enjoy the next few years at UWC Atlantic College very well.

Best wishes for a happy and successful school year for Alexia. ?

She looks very happy. I wish her the best for her new life in Wales!

Is it the same college Princess of Brabant is studying in?

It is the same college that her father and the duchess of Brabant attended. She will be classmates with the princess of Asturias.

Last edited:
It is the same college that her father and the princess of Brabant attended. She will be classmates with the princess of Asturias.

Duchess of Brabant, not Princess

Royal alumni:
HRH Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, The Prince of Orange (now King)
HRH Princess Rayiah of Jordan
HRH Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, The Duchess of Brabant (future Queen)
HRH Princess Alexia of the Netherlands
HRH Infanta Leonor of Spain, The Princess of Asturias (future Queen)

Last edited:
Formally, Elisabeth and Leonor are HRH Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant(, Princess of Belgium) and HRH the Princess of Asturias, respectively. (Leonor is no longer an Infanta as that title is linked to a lower rank than Princess in the Spanish system.)

https://www.monarchie.be/en/royal-family/princess-elisabeth-duchess-of-brabant
https://www.etaamb.be/fr/arrete-royal-du-25-octobre-2019_n2020200512.html
https://www.casareal.es/ES/FamiliaReal/PrincesaLeonor/Paginas/biografia.aspx

That is true, I added "Infanta Leonor" for the information. I have the idea she still is Infanta of Spain but this style is subordinated by the superior dignity of Princess of Asturias. There are examples of Princes/Princesses of Asturias whom became known as Infanta/Infanta again.

That is true, I added "Infanta Leonor" for the information. I have the idea she still is Infanta of Spain but this style is subordinated by the superior dignity of Princess of Asturias. There are examples of Princes/Princesses of Asturias whom became known as Infanta/Infanta again.

You are right that a Princess could descend to Infanta once more on being displaced as heiress to the throne, but the two positions were not occupied simultaneously. The style of Princess/Prince of Asturias represents the position of Princess/Prince of Spain (analogous to the position of Crown Princess/Crown Prince in other European monarchies), and by convention, one cannot be both a Princess and an Infanta of Spain, in the same fashion that one cannot be both a King and a Prince of Spain.

At the third link above you will find the subsidiary titles of the Princess of Asturias; they do not include Infanta of Spain.

Es la Heredera de la Corona desde la proclamación de su padre como Rey el 19 de junio de 2014. De acuerdo con lo establecido en el art. 57.2. de la Constitución, ostenta desde ese momento la dignidad de Princesa de Asturias, junto con los títulos de Princesa de Girona y Princesa de Viana, correspondientes a los primogénitos del Reino de Castilla, de la Corona de Aragón y del Reino de Navarra, cuya unión formó en el siglo XVI la Monarquía española. Ostenta, asimismo, los títulos de Duquesa de Montblanc, Condesa de Cervera y Señora de Balaguer.

The 1987 royal decree by which the titles of the Spanish royal family are regulated also stipulates in Article 3 that the dignity of Infanta/Infante of Spain is borne by the King's sons and daughters not possessing the dignity of Prince or Princess of Asturias.

That said, I recall cases of Princes/Princesses being referred to as Infantas/Infantes by foreign royalty.

Last edited:
Belgian and Spanish titles can be discussed in-depth in the Belgian and Spanish forum respectively.

According to some websites - among them the magazine Grazia - a photo was posted on the princess instagram stories where Pss Alexia can be seen giving a kiss to a boy, with the comment 'love you'. The magazine suggests that it may be the same boy who joined the RF during the summer vacation in Greece.

The original article in glamour magazine Beau Monde seems to have been deleted.

https://www.msn.com/nl-nl/nieuws/ov...-haak-geslagen/ar-AAOHdXm?ocid=BingNewsSearch

:previous:

The Dutch text says that she is 'cooporating'. She will not be making the book herself.

This is a tradition in the Dutch RF. The same happened for her grandmother and her father. Though in their case it was written by respected authors Hella Haasse and Renate Rubinstein while now a cabaretier will write it.

Edit: De Breij was approached by the court with the question if she would be interested in writing the book.

Last edited:
According to the NOS she had many conversations with Claudia de Breij at different locations that are important to Amalia and they talked among other things about her schooling (so far), horse riding and her future as queen. The interview/book is intended to present the future queen/soon to be adult princess of Orange to the people of the Netherlands.

Claudia de Breij's song 'Mag ik dan bij jou' was used during prince Friso's funeral.

Last edited:
According to the NOS she had many conversations with Claudia de Breij at different locations that are important to Amalia and they talked among other things about her schooling (so far), horse riding and her future as queen. The interview/book is intended to present the future queen/soon to be adult princess of Orange to the people of the Netherlands.

Claudia de Breij's song 'Mag ik dan bij jou' was used during prince Friso's funeral.

I like when we’re able to hear directly from members of various royal families. These sorts of interviews, along with unscripted encounters with the public, offer a significant amount of insight into who a person is and how he or she sees the world. We know Amalia is a bright young woman and she’s seemed natural and friendly so far - I’m sure she’s got some interesting thoughts and perspectives to share.

For some reason i think that she'll have a very different circle of friends than P.Leonor of Spain at their school :lol:

As claimed in this link they were placed miles apart in the group photo:

https://parra.nu/prinses-alexia-feestend-gespot-op-nieuwe-school-in-engeland-foto/

---

Sam Hoevenaar, royalty journalist for Linda magazine, has complained about the photos of Alexia and the media code. Apparently the magazine that published the photo has not been approached by the RVD to remove it, while other media probably would be. The reason is unclear.

A few years ago Hoevenaar herself received an angry email from the RVD when she 'liked' a post of Queen Máxima dancing the flamengo.

https://www.linda.nl/nieuws/binnenland/feestende-prinses-alexia-gaat-viraal-ondanks-mediacode/

--
Apparently there are more photos on social media, which were not shared by the magazine.

Last edited:
For some reason i think that she'll have a very different circle of friends than P.Leonor of Spain at their school :lol:

Yes I'd imagine they will mix in different circles and I hope we don't see Leonor dressed as a Ginger Spice wannabee anytime soon!

I would have been surprised to see a picture of Leonor like this but not Alexia. Unfortunately (imho), this fits in with the persona she has shown in public so far.

I did a quick search on Google for the friends mentioned. The last one seems to be from Fossdale, ENG (she was one of 18 people from GB fundraising to attend UWC), one seems to be from Hungary. Not sure about the others.

Last edited:
Before social media dressing up like this wouldn't have been a problem because it would have stayed private, even 15-20 years ago it was easier to keep this stuff on Myspace or early Facebook. Now it gets everywhere.

In and of itself it's not a big deal but it's not going to help the public perception of her.

:previous:

I imagine most people in The Netherlands will not know about it as it is not alowed to be shown on television or in the regular magazines.

Looks like a theme-thing to me.

I'm not falling down the chair seeing that photo though. Away from the parents teens tend to do "crazy" things. I vaguely remember things I did back in late Neolithic...

As some of you seem to point out, Leonor and Alexia appear to be different personalities. Leonor also has a lot more responsibility weighing on her shoulders, already now. Unless she is very immature, and it's not my impression she is, that will influence her behavior.
Alexia can afford herself the luxury of being a little "wild." Perhaps she likes that label?

That's the curse of social media. I think Alexia and Leonor have very different personalities and Leonor doesn't fit the girlfriend circle, but it's a shame that the youth of today, even royals, can't do anything crazy anymore without the risk of the result being leaked. It's very sad actually.

I think the lack of privacy is a bit concerning for Alexia, and perhaps she'll think twice about what she does now, but I'm really not seeing the scandal. If she and her friends were trying to get into a club in London like that, sure, but... they're just dressed up in the dorm. :/ Perhaps someone was throwing a party, but at least we didn't see that. She's more covered up than she would be at the beach. Not that big a deal... yet.

As Marengo has well indicated, Alexia knows that even if she exhibits herself on social networks doing anything, the Press Service will prevent those images from being published in the Netherlands. Perhaps that is one of the reasons why we see Dutch princesses use the networks with more freedom, because they know they are more protected.

That is a privilege that Leonor does not have, nor other young princes and princesses have, who are educated knowing that any image that is published on the networks can be used by the press.

Marengo said "it's not allowed to be shown on television or in the regular magazines". People in the Netherlands still have the internet, which I'm pretty sure Alexia knows. (Or does now.) It's not some fool-proof media blackout.

Somehow we have also not managed to see or hear about her sisters doing anything similar to take advantage of the "privilege".

Last edited:
All I see is a teenage girl wearing a bit to much makeup and an outfit to match what looks to be the theme of a party. Alexia isn't doing anything that most of us haven't done a few times ourselves.
Let the girl play and enjoy herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom