The Family of Queen Máxima - The Zorreguietas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one question, the father of maxima has a previuos marriage, now i belive in the 70s wasn't legal divorce in argentina, so i don't think her parents were marriage at the time she born, anyones know about that? if the married in uruguay or via mexico , still in argentina was not legal

Last edited by a moderator:
one question, the father of maxima has a previuos marriage, now i belive in the 70s wasn't legal divorce in argentina, so i don't think her parents were marriage at the time she born, anyones know about that?????? if the married in uruguay or via mexico , still in argentina was not legal

They got married in Paraguay, and when Máxima was born they were already married

ok, they were married via paraguay but correct me if i am wrong, but at the time the argentinean law would not recognize this marriage becasue he was married before and argentina is a catholic country so by law it was valid only his first marriage even if he was separated from his first wife, for what i understand the second marriage in paraguay wasn't valid in argentina at the time that maxima born

I really hope to be wrong but I always had a bad feeling about this brother. I suspect he is a bit jealous of Maxima and I believe he will cause her troubles in the future. I hope to be wrong though.

I do have the same feeling - in my case, I do percieve him as a fame-digger. I wouldn't say he is jealous of her - he owes her his 'popularity' and his restaurant's.
He took advantage of her sister's press in order to get himself some. And it turned out brilliantly well indeed, as far as his business and social life are concerned, IMHO. After all, who can blame him? I would blame the media instead, for giving him wings!

I do have the same feeling - in my case, I do percieve him as a fame-digger. I wouldn't say he is jealous of her - he owes her his 'popularity' and his restaurant's.
He took advantage of her sister's press in order to get himself some. And it turned out brilliantly well indeed, as far as his business and social life are concerned, IMHO. After all, who can blame him? I would blame the media instead, for giving him wings!

I think you are not fair to him, we have never heard him talk, even though he must have a lot of offers, so i don´t see where is the advantage. We know him because we follow Maxima´s life, but people in Argentina don´t have any idea where he lives, or how many siblings she has.

I think you are not fair to him, we have never heard him talk, even though he must have a lot of offers, so i don´t see where is the advantage. We know him because we follow Maxima´s life, but people in Argentina don´t have any idea where he lives, or how many siblings she has.

You never heard him "talk", but I'm sure you must have seen as many interviews as I've read on him, and the main interest of making these interviews to him is...that he is Máxima's brother and has something to say about himself & his business.

I agree to you Rosana, in the fact that many people do not know / care about him, and I don't care about him either - I just feel he prompted into 'being known' through magazines and giving interviews, something that her other siblings, friends or parents didn't even remotely do... that's what I am talking about.

what about the rest of her family that Mhave grandparents alive?????

Thank you Princess Maxima. Do you know what kind of engineer Juan is and which school he attended?

No idea. I think he studied at the Universidad Católica Argentina(the same as Máxima)

Juan is an engineer and Ines(23) is a psicologist
thank you:flowers:
I read some where that she learn to speak very well dutch but i am not sure about it! does she lives in Argentina or she lives in holland?

thank you:flowers:
I read some where that she learn to speak very well dutch but i am not sure about it! does she lives in Argentina or she lives in holland?

Yes, she learnt Dutch and lives in Buenos Aires:flowers:

Does Maxima visit her family often? Is she close with them? I would imagine that it is probably easier for the family to visit Maxima, than for Maxima to visit Argentina, but do they see each other throughout the year?

Máxima is very close to her family. I read somewhere that her older brother Martín has some business relations in Holland but that he lives in Argentina, I think in the southern part.
I don't doubt that all the Zorreguieta brothers haver learned Dutch, since their nieces and brother in law are Dutch. That was the wise thing to do.
And Maximas mother, Carmen, travels to Holland quite often.

Máxima is very close to her family. I read somewhere that her older brother Martín has some business relations in Holland but that he lives in Argentina, I think in the southern part.
I don't doubt that all the Zorreguieta brothers haver learned Dutch, since their nieces and brother in law are Dutch. That was the wise thing to do.
And Maximas mother, Carmen, travels to Holland quite often.
dutch it is a very difficult lungage to learn, it is wise like you said but old people has difficulty to learn a new language, so I really do not belive her parents learn the language, but probably her sister , she is young and may be the brother but don't forget everybody in holland speak english or almost everybody so the brother for bussines jst need to speak english

Speaking as a native Englissh speaker, I did not have much trouble at all learning to speak Dutch, and in fact, quite often have dutchies come up to me and wonder if I am a dutch person who has lived abroad for some time, hence the accent.

However, I can imagine that it would be difficult at her parents age to learn a completely new language. I would be willing to be though, that her siblings have or will learn dutch. At their age it is easier, and they probably already have a number of other languages that they speak, if Argentina is like other countries, in that more priveledged children go to private schools and have the opportunity to learn multiple languages. If you are multi lingual it makes it easier to learn other languages.

From Máxima's siblings, the only one who speaks Dutch is Inés.

The article states that they've been together for three years now, and that they met at Martin's restaurant.

The pics that illustrate the article were taken in Salta, Argentina, to where Martín went to play a polo match.

Asked about his relationship with Máxima, he says that nothing has changed between them.

Jorge Zorreguieta resigns as President of the CAA (Centro Azucarero Argentino, which gathers national sugar producers), chamber he had been leading since 1984, to focus on his job at the COPAL (Coordinadora de Productos Alimenticios). Judging by the ongoing conflict between the Government and the farmers and soy producers, he must be really busy these days...

- Presencias, ausencias y cambios

En el encuentro se confirmó que Jorge Zorreguieta dejará su lugar como presidente del Centro Azucarero Argentino (CAA), para dedicarse exclusivamente a sus funciones como titular de la Copal (Coordinadora de las Industrias de Productos Alimenticios), la entidad gremial empresaria que nuclea a cámaras y empresas de la industria de la alimentación y bebidas. Zorreguieta había asumido recientemente en la Copal y estaba a cargo del CAA desde 1984.

Back
Top Bottom