The Family of Queen Máxima - The Zorreguietas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxLindaxx

Aristocracy
Country
Netherlands
Hi! This thread is all about the Zorrequieta family...enjoy! :)

Dolores Zorrequieta

Dolores Zorrequieta will exhibit her work in the Cobra Museum in Amstelveen.
You can find more information about her on her site:
http://www.sheisanartist.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolores Zorreguieta exposeert in het Cobra Museum

Op vrijdag 25 november aanstaande opent de eerste Europese
solo-tentoonstelling gewijd aan het werk van de Argentijnse, in New
York woonachtige, kunstenares Dolores Zorreguieta in het Cobra
Museum voor Moderne Kunst Amstelveen.

Deze buitengewoon getalenteerde kunstenares, zuster van H.K.H.
prinses Máxima, zal recent werk tonen: video-kunst, multi-media
installaties en fotografie.
Het hoofdthema van haar werk is het ambivalente karakter van
verlangen en liefde.

from BRMB:

Argentinean Report On Possible Separation Between Martín & Mariana Z

According to the Argentinean magazine “Caras” the first rumors on the couple’ separation started in the Netherlands, rather than in Villa La Angostura, where they live.

The reports claim that Mariana Andres would have left their house by the end of December of last year after seeing some interesting pictures of Martín and an employee of their restaurant “Tinto Bristó. One of Mariana’s brothers, Leando Andres whom is also a business partner has recently divorced also. Rumor has it that the two wives are currently making plans to cut all ties to their potential ex-husbands and move to Buenos Aires.

The note found in “Caras” says that that the two men (Martin and his brother in law Leandro) seem to be enjoying some recently gained fame and have decided to continue with their business as well as to take advantage of their increased popularity with women.

Nothing has been confirmed by the respective parties and as a trivial fact the magazine says that Martin Zorreguieta is known as Martin “Zorro” (Fox) for his abilities in the business world.

How many siblings does Maxima have? There also seems to be quite an age gap between Maxima and her brother Martin and two younger siblings I believe. Were the younger children "after thought" children like Theodora and Phillippos of Greece were?

I don't know how many siblings she has, but I do remember hearing somewher that her father was married more than once. So the younger children could be a result of the second marriage.

Máxima has two brothers and one sister : Martín, Juan and Inez. She has also three half sisters: Dolores, Angeles and i believe... Maria.
And yes there is quite an age gap between Máxima and Juan and Inez. I think they are both about twenty years. Martín is one year younger as Máxima.

Genevieve said:
How many siblings does Maxima have? There also seems to be quite an age gap between Maxima and her brother Martin and two younger siblings I believe. Were the younger children "after thought" children like Theodora and Phillippos of Greece were?

I´ve found a little picture of Maxima´s sister Inez on the (overview) page of Scanpix ( http://www.scanpix.se/sdlheadlines/kungligt.html ) And the caption says: "BUENOS AIRES: Prinsessan Maximas lillasyster Ines lider av anorexia»" (=Bueones Aires: Princess Maxima´s little sister Ines suffers from anorexia)

I know how delicate this topic is (I say this not at least, because of the many discussions on CP Letizia´s and CP Mary´s weight on this board) so I don´t want to go deeper and just want to know, if this is in any way confirmed. Of course the dutch court wouldn´t give a press release out, but I wonder, if anything (hospitalisation etc.) is known. Maybe dutch or argentinian posters know more.

The Watcher said:
That same story was this week, big on the frontpage of the Dutch gossip mag 'Weekend'.
With this picture: http://www2.weekend-online.nl/main_images/maxima_zusje_bew.jpg

Nothing is confirmed.

Thank you for the fast answer, the Watcher. So they have just found a picture in an agency and have written a story to it? Hmm, after being a Royal watcher (and through that tabloid "reader") for years it shouldn´t surprise me ;)

Lena said:
Thank you for the fast answer, the Watcher. So they have just found a picture in an agency and have written a story to it? Hmm, after being a Royal watcher (and through that tabloid "reader") for years it shouldn´t surprise me ;)

Yes, I think they just found that picture and wrote the story.
But it is always possible that they have their news from an good argentinian source. Last time (2/3 weeks ago) they were right when they wrote the story about the divorce of Martin (Maxima's brother) and Mariana (his wife). They were even faster than the argentinian gossip mags

I´m from Argentina and I read the same yesterday in a magazine here.They say that Ines "down" or is 23 kilos less than 2002. They say that her parents are worried for her and to take her to a doctor. The magizine name is "pronto", but it´s not very reliable, anyway I think that maybe Ines has anorexia :( because she´s really thin.

Sorry for my bad english.:eek:

xxLindaxx said:
Máxima has two brothers and one sister : Martín, Juan and Inez. She has also three half sisters: Dolores, Angeles and i believe... Maria.
And yes there is quite an age gap between Máxima and Juan and Inez. I think they are both about twenty years. Martín is one year younger as Máxima.

About Maxima's half siblings: Are they the result of an affair by either her mom or her father? Or did her parents reconcile after some time apart? In pictures I've seen of Maxima as a baby and a young girl, her mother looks just like the woman who is with her father at Amalia's baptism and when the couple visited Argentina recently. Someone told me that her parents are divorced ... so does that mean that the woman with baby Maxima is her step-mother and not her biological mother?

As you can see I am really quite confused by her family situation!

Maxima's father was married to one woman and had the three kids. He met Maxima's mtoher while he was still married to his first wife, and had the younger four children with her. I don't know when he divorced the first wife and married the second, but Maxima was definitely born while her dad was definitely still married to the first wife.

yes that's correct...Maxima is also baptized when she was seven years old..

kelly9480 said:
Maxima's father was married to one woman and had the three kids. He met Maxima's mtoher while he was still married to his first wife, and had the younger four children with her. I don't know when he divorced the first wife and married the second, but Maxima was definitely born while her dad was definitely still married to the first wife.

Maxima's father and his first wife are 'divorced' in 1970, but was not a real divorce like it is in these days. Because it was not possible in Argentina to marry for the second time after a 'divorce' in those days. So children of a second wife were seen as bastards. That's the reason why Jorge Zorreguieta and Maria del Carmen Cerrutti are married in Paraguay in 1970 (she was pregnant, Maxima was coming), to make the relation a little more official (but that marriage was in Argentina not official). In 1987 the divorce was finally official because a new law and Maria del Carmen Cerruti was finally his official wife.

kelly9480 said:
Maxima's father was married to one woman and had the three kids.

And what are the names of these three kids? Have they attended any royal occasion -- eg. Maxima's wedding, Amalia's baptism?

kelly9480 said:
He met Maxima's mtoher while he was still married to his first wife, and had the younger four children with her. I don't know when he divorced the first wife and married the second, but Maxima was definitely born while her dad was definitely still married to the first wife.

So in total Jorge has 7 children; four of which (including Martin and Ines) are Maxima's full siblings. Is that right? (These family ties are indeed confusing!)

And what are the names of these three kids? Have they attended any royal occasion -- eg. Maxima's wedding, Amalia's baptism?

Dolores, Angeles and Maria...they attended the wedding, but not Amalia's baptism.

So in total Jorge has 7 children; four of which (including Martin and Ines) are Maxima's full siblings. Is that right? (These family ties are indeed confusing

Yes that's right. :)

From http://www.angelfire.com/in/heinbruins/Sorreguieta.html
------------------------------------------------------------------
1.1.2.1.2.Jorge Horacio Zorreguieta Stefanini (*1928), m.1st 1956 (div) Martha López Gil (*1935), m.2nd 1970 María del Carmen Cerruti Carricart (*1944)
1.1.2.1.2.1.María Zorreguieta López Gil (*1956)
1.1.2.1.2.2.Ángeles Zorreguieta López Gil (*1958), m.1st Fernando Galante, m.2nd Adrián Vojnov
1.1.2.1.2.2.1.Sebastián Galante Zorreguieta
1.1.2.1.2.2.2.Facundo Galante Zorreguieta
1.1.2.1.2.2.3.Ana Vojnov Zorreguieta (*1996)
1.1.2.1.2.3.Dolores Zorreguieta López Gil (*1965), m. Harmond Grad Lewis
1.1.2.1.2.4.Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1971), m.2002 Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange (*1967)
1.1.2.1.2.4.1.Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands (*2003)
1.1.2.1.2.5.Martín Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1972), m. Mariana Andrés
1.1.2.1.2.6.Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1982)
1.1.2.1.2.7.Inés Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1984)

Dolores Zorreguieta and her mother Martha Lopez Gil

Attachments

• dolores2.jpg
    dolores2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Dolores.jpg
    Dolores.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:
Angeles Zorreguieta

(I can't find pictures of Maria Zorreguieta, maybe someone else has pictures of her :confused: )

Attachments

• 1894675.jpg
    1894675.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 626
  • 1894676.jpg
    1894676.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 872
Martin Zorreguieta

Attachments

• 1139509.jpg
    1139509.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 895
  • MArtin.jpg
    MArtin.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 690
  • Martin2.jpg
    Martin2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 629
  • Martin3.jpg
    Martin3.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 472
  • Martin4.jpg
    Martin4.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 592
  • Martin5.jpg
    Martin5.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 797
Juan Zorreguieta

Attachments

• Juan4.jpg
    Juan4.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 643
  • Juan7.jpg
    Juan7.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 3,629
  • Juan6.jpg
    Juan6.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 810
  • Juan5.jpg
    Juan5.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 596
  • Juan3.jpg
    Juan3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 493
  • Juan2.jpg
    Juan2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 546
  • Juan1.jpg
    Juan1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 687
  • Juan.jpg
    Juan.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 752
Ines Zorreguieta

Attachments

• Ines.jpg
    Ines.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,254
  • Ines2.jpg
    Ines2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 2,325
  • Ines3.jpg
    Ines3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 944
  • ines4.jpg
    ines4.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 880
  • Ines5.jpg
    Ines5.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 651
  • Ines6.jpg
    Ines6.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 918
Family pictures

Attachments

• Familie.jpg
    Familie.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 909
  • Familie2.jpg
    Familie2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 789
  • Familie3.jpg
    Familie3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 704
  • Familie4.jpg
    Familie4.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 779
Thank you xxLindaxx and The Watcher for futher explaining Maxima's family. It has certainly cleared things up for me.

None of her family live in the Netherlands. They just visit on special occasions. Mainly she and her husband and daughter visit them in Argentina, though.

from the BRMB posted by Joris:

[font=verdana, arial]An Argentinean federal judge, Daniel Rafecas, asked information about the possible involvement of Jorge Zorreguieta in the mysterious disappearance of Marta Sierra, biologist in 1976. A.o. at the INTA institute of technology. This according to the Arg. press agency DyN, basing itself on sources at Argentinian justice.

Armed persons kidnapped the lady shortly after the installment of the Videla Junta. INTA is a linked with the Ministry of Agriculture where Zorreguieta worked as vice deputy minister, and later as deputy minister of agriculture.

Two of Marta's sons, Nicolas and Guida Privera, asked the court of justice last year to have Zorreguieta make a statement about the disappearing.

Zorreguieta stated that he had nothing to do with the case. He had only been vice deputy minister for 14 days, 14 days after her actual kidnap, he had said to Radio Continental. 'I can tell you that this poor woman who sadly disappeared on 30 March 1976, has nothing to do with me.'

However, according to his predecessor as secretary of state of argriculture, Mario Cardena Madariaga, Zorreguieta was alreadyu actual vice deputy secretary of state of agriculture on the day on which the woman disappeared.' He was the Ministry on 24 March 1976 when the coup d'etat took place, where he was appointed by his predecessor, Cardenas said to this radio channel. To be continued...

[/font]

Back
Top Bottom