The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-18-2021, 10:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Yes, but, on the other hand, the image of a little girl playing with a priceless ruby and diamond tiara, which should be better secured anyway, or whose hobby is to "know all tiaras in Europe" may sound shallow and out of touch to some people, especially in current times.

To use an old American expression, she is having a "Richie Rich moment" or, to use a royal reference, sounds a bit Marie Antoinette. Not so good when her family is already criticized for spending too much, or being too flamboyant.
I haven't seen this criticism in the Dutch press. If anything, her having a 'romantic side' next to being a high-achieving perfectionist is providing some balance.

Old 11-25-2021, 05:00 PM
Majesty

Princess Catharina-Amalia spoke in her autobiographical book "Amalia" about her thoughts on marriage and what she wants for her life in that regard.
The following excerpt is translated from hola.com.

Quote:
In the show, no one doubts that he wants to get married and have couples and he has thought of the permission required to enter into marriage: “If you are the man who supports me, who loves me, with who I want to spend my life, and the Parliament in the right place, good, then I would see that I can do it”.

He likes that los chicos tengan buenos modales; he thinks that the Germans, in general, are more than the Dutch, and he says that “a relationship does not exist because it is secret, but it must be private”. It is very romantic, but it keeps the press as crippled as possible, because “a love life is quite complicated”.

In his account he currently has a novio, but he reveals that, when a boy wanted to go out with her, in the secondary school, he liked the idea of liking him so much to someone who said he was. But this relationship only lasted three months and ended abruptly.

You know what kind of dress you want to wear on your wedding day, when you show the author of your biography the carriages kept in the royal stables, sign a fair account: the 'Crème Calèche': “I want this when I get married”.

Last month of October, the prime minister in office, Mark Rutte, ensured that Amalia could reign even if she married a woman and a princess, despite the fact that “I don't believe it was a big problem for my family”. Speaking more on the subject, she Amalia said that if the marriages of the same sex would lead to the royal houses, then we would tend “to more women who can wear a tiara”.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_ho...afia-18-anyos/

Old 11-25-2021, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Yes, but, on the other hand, the image of a little girl playing with a priceless ruby and diamond tiara, which should be better secured anyway, or whose hobby is to "know all tiaras in Europe" may sound shallow and out of touch to some people, especially in current times.

To use an old American expression, she is having a "Richie Rich moment" or, to use a royal reference, sounds a bit Marie Antoinette. Not so good when her family is already criticized for spending too much, or being too flamboyant.
I have not heard or seen one such reaction in Dutch (social) media. I think the difference is she is not a nouveau riche displaying her "crib" on social media. This was just a click of a young royal lady in her mother's dressing room and not at all meant for (social) media.

Almost a decade later Amalia shared this youth picture in her biography and it did match with the "discussion" she had with author Claudia de Breij about decorum, courteoisie and jewels.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

She is only 18. She has not had a serious relationship yet. It will be interesting to compare her views 10 years from now.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:30 PM
Nobility

What little girl hasn't played with her mother's jewels? I see nothing extraordinary here. I sure did play... and since my mother wasn't Queen, I wasn't criticized.

My mom didn't escape it when people learned that my favourite teddy bear had two first names. In Orthodox Christianity, we only have one. But Teddy has two because I liked both and my mom said it was OK. Much later, I realized people thought it was her doing and she was showing off by being "fancy" in a Western fashion since she was one of the few to actually speak English here. Communism didn't exactly promote it.

Can you imagine this? Over a teddy bear! People will always find something to criticize when they want to. Personally, I like that for all their "level-headedness" and "we're practical, we're like you!" the Dutch royals don't shy away from showing off their jewels. We all know they have them. We all know royals aren't just "just like us". And it looks more sincere to show it sometimes. If we aren't going to wear such gems, we can at least watch and what better glimpse than a little girl playing with her mom's jewels? Like us but not quite.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:55 PM
Nobility

Reading the excerpts, I got the impression of a very bright, grounded young woman with a sense of duty and a sense of humor. She also seems to understand that, despite the public attention, she's not a celebrity. Good for her!
Old 11-27-2021, 07:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Reading the excerpts, I got the impression of a very bright, grounded young woman with a sense of duty and a sense of humor. She also seems to understand that, despite the public attention, she's not a celebrity. Good for her!
Indeed,and halleluja for that!!A down to earth young woman who knows what her future holds.A sense of duty,decorum if need be,humour and a love for tiara´s for those here that revel in serious baubles...A promising Queen to be...and a loveble person.