Queen Máxima, Current Events Part 2 (October 2017 - November 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The general consensus about the interview (on twitter #Maxima50) seems to be that the Netherlands can count itself lucky with Máxima as queen!

Yes, I was surprised by that too, as twitter usually is rather acid about these things. On television the comments are almost completely positive. Jeroen Pauw -who interviewed Máxima in 2005- did remark that he thought that the RVD may have suggested not to ask certain questions. Namely the obvious questions about Amalia's income and another obvious question: did you tell the prime minister about the Greek vacation, as that may bring the PM some difficulties in parlament.

Last edited:
It seems the Queen's private office (her official one is at Noordeinde Palace) was the old private office of Prince Claus.

Was Prince Claus still alive, he would never have recognized his old study. In his days this study was a salon with dark mahoganny timber against the walls.

It was also visible that it really is a 17th C palace. When the couple walked from the vestibule in the corps-de-logis to her study in one of the wings, they had to cross several salons, exactly as you imagine ladies in wigs and long robes moving from salon to salon: there are no hallways.

Last edited:
(..)

In the beginning of the part on her sister Ines the camera zooms in on a picture of Máxima and Ines in the book cupboard behind the queen. Next to it is a photo of Pirnce Friso who of course also died before his time.

Duc et Pair said:
It seems the Queen's private office (her official one is at Noordeinde Palace: was the old private office of Prince Claus.

Was Prince Claus still alive, he would never have recognized his old study. In his days this study was a salon with dark mahoganny timber against the walls.

It was also visible that the cit really is a 17th C palace. When the couple walked from the vestibule in the corps-de-logis to her study in one of the wings, they had to cross several salons, exactly as you imagine ladies in wigs and long robes moving from salon to salon: there are no hallways.

It was nice to get a little peak into the palace and the queen explaining some items, such as the chandelier in the hall by studio Drift, which she said to have seen 15 years ago already. The blue lamp above the fireplace in her office was made by 'an upcoming artist'. She also highlighted the cupboard in her office, which was already used by Prince Claus.

Last edited by a moderator:
King Willem-Alexander has granted the Order of the House of Orange to Queen Máxima for her 50th Birthday

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1pvwYZWUAEAHHD?format=jpg&name=large

Translation:

By Royal Command of 6 May 2021 His Majesty The King has bestowed the Grand Cross in the House Order of Orange to Her Majesty Queen Máxima, on the occasion of her 50th birthday and as appreciation for her many merits for the House.

The decorations have been handed over to Queen Máxima on May 17th 2021.

Princess Laurentien with this Order:

https://images4.persgroep.net/rcs/m...=93a17a8fd81db0de025c8abd1cca1279&quality=0.8

Last edited:
A nice personal honour by the king to mark the queen's 50th Birthday.

Maxima and Mathijs were a very charming combination.
I’m always impressed by Maxima’s work ethic.
The interview was a pleasure to watch.

Queen Máxima paid a working visit to the Rotterdam-Rijnmond region today, May 19:

** ppe gallery ** rex gallery ** anp gallery **

And later she paid a virtual visitation the voluntary organization Humanitas:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Last edited:
A short video:

I know it is a field lab but after such a long lock down it nearly makes me nervous to see so many people together.

It seems that the Queen changed outfits between the two events.

Maxima being lovely as usual in a little interview at Eurovision

I didn't know that she plays guitar. That she enjoys singing was already known (and she passed it on to at least Alexia). In the recent interview she also talked about it in relation to her relationship with her younger sister Ines, how the two of them enjoyed singing together (her sister had some music videos of songs she wrote herself if I am not mistaken).

would there be anywhere to watch maxima's 50 year interview? ideally something with subtitles that can be changed to english for the non-dutch speakers among us. or maybe a summary?

Maxima being lovely as usual in a little interview at Eurovision

a lovely short interview indeed, it is nice to hear more about her personal experiences.

The queen across so natural and its the 1st time I've seen H.M. interviewed in English.

Oh that was just great,and funny...HM Queen Maxima,and Nikki..a fab pair!?

I was today years old when I learned that Nikkie was Dutch!

Great interview with HM and the kids

Queen Máxima paid a visit to the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences today, May 25:

** rex gallery ** ppe gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
The complete interview is on YouTube, but no subtitles.
https://youtu.be/nrhNJSvzA40

the link doesn't seem to work but i seem to have found the interview!

shame there's no automatic subtitles. anyone knows where i can find a summary, even in dutch if i translated it with google translate? would love to know more about what maxima said.

Today, June 3, Queen Máxima has opened the new Hesselink Coffee business premises in Winterswijk. "The new building is energy neutral, the coffee is produced climate neutral and the outdoor space is designed to enhance biodiversity":

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** rex gallery **

Afterwards she visited a dairy farm in Lettele:

** ppe gallery ** rex gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
Today, June 8, Queen Máxima as a member of the Dutch Entrepreneurship Committee visited the Beerze Bulten holiday park and family camping site in Beerze:

** rex gallery ** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

A messy, unkempt and unroyal appearance, a Queen unworthy.
Máxima can reach high highs, but sadly also deep lows.
Good heavens, is this Her Majesty Queen Máxima, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau? Or is this my mom in her camping dress on her way to the sanitary facilities?

:ohmy::ermm::whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom