Queen Máxima, Current Events Part 2 (October 2017 - November 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

i hope the broken-up sidewalk in front of the community centre during the queen's visit is not a political statement!:lol:

Is the broche custom jewelry or real jewelry. I like the all white outfit!

Is the broche custom jewelry or real jewelry. I like the all white outfit!

I think real jewelry, she has worn it before in her earliest years as Princess Máxima. Fake jewelry is plastic. Doubtful that she wears plastic Made In China. This is jewelry without precious gemstones but the material can still be expensive: gold and mother of pearl.

i hope the broken-up sidewalk in front of the community centre during the queen's visit is not a political statement!:lol:
:D

Typically these visits aren't announced in advance, so I guess it was work in progress and would have been rather weird to suddenly order for it to be temporary closed without explaining why.

Indeed. The King and Queen have a habit of making un-announced visits in the framework of the Orange Fund because they try to avoid the protocol, the authorities, to engage with "the people on the floor".

Usually the project is told that an authority, or a delegation, or a group is coming to visit and then, to their surprise. it is the King visiting a recycling store (yesterday) or the Queen visiting a neighbourhood meeting point (today).

I think real jewelry, she has worn it before in her earliest years as Princess Máxima. Fake jewelry is plastic. Doubtful that she wears plastic Made In China. This is jewelry without precious gemstones but the material can still be expensive: gold and mother of pearl.

Queen Maxima wears a lot of fashion jewellery. So, it may be paste especially as the top looks lightweight and a lot of fashion jewellery is lightweight and a heavy real-jewellery pin would need a heavier fabric than that of that top.

Queen Maxima wears a lot of fashion jewellery. So, it may be paste especially as the top looks lightweight and a lot of fashion jewellery is lightweight and a heavy real-jewellery pin would need a heavier fabric than that of that top.

Would she keep that type of jewelry for over 15 years? But it indeed seems rather light weight and not the best quality material.

According to modekoninginmaxima, she wore it in 2004 (picture of her with the earrings; she looks so much younger ?)

Costume jewelry is not plastic.

Costume jewelry is simply made from less expensive materials. Different metals, crystals and substances have been used over the years. Designers like Channel and Dior even make it. There is nothing plastic, paste or cheap China production about the kind of costume pieces Max wears often enough.

Good to see that TM are back from their 6 (nearly 7)-week vacation in Greece. It will be the Queen's first public duty since July 15th (or 17th if we include the summer photo session). Quite a luxury in times like these. A pity they could not find the time to relax in their own country - like almost everybody has been doing- even if it was only for a few symbolic days. Most other RF's were able to do it. Brushed hair seems too much to ask for as well.

wow, this is a nice holiday 6 to 7 weeks!!! I want that too!

There are many beautiful places in the Netherlands too that the family could have enjoyed for a nice beach getaway.

https://www.luxnomade.com/europe/the-best-beach-towns-in-the-netherlands-for-a-costal-getaway/

Given how crowded the Netherlands is, they wouldn't have been able to have 'vacation' as they would have been recognized and approached constantly. All of these places are extremely crowded in summer and this year even more so... In addition, they previously lived in Wassenaar and currently in The Hague, which is close to the beach (Scheveningen that is included in the article is about 5 km from the palace). I am sure they'll go to the beach once in a while when it isn't that busy.

I fully understand that it's not really an option for them in summer. The only holidays in the Netherlands they've done at times is a long weekend on the Groene Draeck (The Green Dragon) as in that way they at least can travel on the water in their own boat.

There are many beautiful places in the Netherlands too that the family could have enjoyed for a nice beach getaway.

https://www.luxnomade.com/europe/the-best-beach-towns-in-the-netherlands-for-a-costal-getaway/

It is almost impossible for the King's family to have an undisturbed holiday in the Netherlands. They can lock themselves in the Crown Domains where they have a mediaeval hunting lodge ( https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/7-oct-2016-apeldoorn-netherlands-600w-555179656.jpg ) but of course they live locked all year. I can fully understand them to be a Mr or Mrs Nobody in Italy and Greece.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Here's another video:

Last edited:
Today, October 1, Queen Máxima opened the annual breast cancer month during a meeting on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Breast Cancer Association Netherlands (BVN) at the World Forum in Den Haag:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Last edited:
:previous:

Here's a video of Queen Máxima's visit today:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom