Queen Máxima, Current Events Part 2 (October 2017 - November 2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the video. Is there any chance that they can implement delivery? It would be a shame to make such beautiful flowers go to waste.

Thank you for the video. Is there any chance that they can implement delivery? It would be a shame to make such beautiful flowers go to waste.

They might be able to sell a bit but the scale of the businesses are huge and probably geared towards wholesale markets. I presume that the places they supply to are deemed non essential so have closed like in Italy. The DIY stores are still open here and there was lots of people gardening this weekend as it was nice. I think at one point in the video, they told Máxima that the plants were going to waste and she was astounded.

From what I hear most flowers are being destroyed. The others are sold for extremely low prices. There is no market for them as most shops and borders have been closed. Only companies that export to the UK had some sort of stability as the shops stayed open there for some time.

Last edited:
It's a shame that they have to be destroyed but considering the current situation, there isn't a market for the plants.

Good to see Maxima visiting this hard hit sector of the NL's economy.

From what I hear most flowers are being destroyed. The others are sold for extremely low prices. There is no market for them as most shops and borders have been closed. Only companies that export to the UK had some sort of stability as the shops stayed open there for some time.

A florist in London was selling all their flowers they had on sale for free and AFAIK most of them went. Is the same happening in the Netherlands?

It was also Mother's Day here last Sunday which helped increase the demand for flowers. A lot of florists were doing delivery services for those isolating from their mothers.

Most flower shops in the Netherlands have been closed for two weeks now. I am not sure what happened before that but it is likely that florists gave away whatever stock they had left when they were forced to close their business. Online orders & deliveries of flowers are still allowed.

Last edited:
It's a shame but understandable - especially since around this time of year, the Netherland's culture is so floral based. I presume Keukenhof and other tulip festivals will close?

It's a shame but understandable - especially since around this time of year, the Netherland's culture is so floral based. I presume Keukenhof and other tulip festivals will close?

They will not open or are cancelled.

The Dutch flower industry makes for a huge chunk,a really immens chunk,of our BNP.So they are desperate hence Máxima´s visit,a sign of support.The Government meanwhile looks into some compensation.thank goodness.

Honestly, hats off to Queen Maxima. When I look at the responses of most RF I am so envious. I still cannot believe that QEII did not make an address. The Spanish family seems to be very active in a non disruptive way which could suit the BRF as of course given their age they cannot attempt to be as visible as Queen Maxima or CP Victoria.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supporting the catering businesses in Amsterdam

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be interesting for the economist in her. When she arrived at the transport company of this morning, she knew by heart her statistics. "Yes indeed, 83 % less turnover" the Queen was heard replying to the owner.

It's interesting how the queen seems to be focusing on the 'business' side and the king more on the 'health' side of the Corona crisis with their visits.

Queen Maxima pays a working visit today to technology company Demcon. The company has developed, tested and produced a ventilation system suitable for the ventilation of corona patients in intensive care.

https://www.anpfoto.nl/royalimages/search.pp?eventid=6006613

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=16-04-2020 Enschede

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...o_respiratory_systems_manufacturer,_enschede?

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/...s=all&uiloc=view_all_more_from_this_event_adp

Last edited:
I am still dumbfounded as to why she is still making personal visits.

Also she is not wearing her mask properly. It is not properly fitted around the nose.

I am still dumbfounded as to why she is still making personal visits.

Also she is not wearing her mask properly. It is not properly fitted around the nose.

There is no lock down in the Netherlands. People are asked to use their common sense. To keep distance, to desinfect their hands, to stay at home when they have a cough, hay fever, asthma, the flu, etc. To use digital communications as much as possible for work and study to minimise transportation.

Only mass events like concert, sport, café, restaurant, schools, universities where people are close to each other for some time are closed. All schoolchildren receive daily digital lessons from their schools. One luck to be in a country with broadband to every possible village.

Mouth masks are also not used because the Dutch authorities see no added benefit in distributing for a daily consumption of appr. 20 million masks while the stocks are limited because of the enormous demand all over the world.

Note that in Sweden there is no confinement at all because the authorities there believe in firewalls of "group immunity" like for measles, polio or the flu. (The more people have anti-virus in their blood, the more difficult it is for the virus to spread, so is the Swedish theory).

Last edited:
Here's a video of Máxima's visit yesterday, April 16:

Queen Máxima made a video call with GGZ Noord-Holland-Noord staff and team leader Nancy Majoor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom