The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2021, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Queen Maxima attended the first day of the More Music in the Class Tour in the fortress Bourtange in Groningen and in Kootwijk today, May 10 - lovely scenery (even despite the weather):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

** instagram gallery with video ** rex gallery ** ppe gallery 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail article: Striking gold! Queen Maxima of the Netherlands cuts a glamourous figure in a metallic dress to visit..

Old 05-10-2021, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Is that the castle or village chapel in the photo below that's being used for the children's concert?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1BwlliX...jpg&name=large

Old 05-11-2021, 06:30 AM
Administrator

As part of the More Music in the Class Tour Queen Máxima paid a visit to the ECI Culture factory in Roermond, the open air theatre Cabrio in Soest and the Keukenhof in Lisse today, May 11:

** 1limburg.nl article: Koningin Máxima bezoekt Roermond **

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** rex gallery **

** ppe gallery 2 ** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article ** ppe gallery 3 **

Old 05-12-2021, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Máxima was interviewed by Matthijs van Nieuwkerk on the occasion of her fiftieth birthday. The interview will be broadcast on Monday 17 May at 8.33 pm on NPO1.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1LSDz8W...jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1LRxGcX...g&name=900x900

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=6027908

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...-05-2021%20The
Old 05-12-2021, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Queen Máxima was interviewed by Matthijs van Nieuwkerk on the occasion of her fiftieth birthday. The interview will be broadcast on Monday 17 May at 8.33 pm on NPO1.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1LSDz8W...jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1LRxGcX...g&name=900x900

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=6027908

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...-05-2021%20The
An tv interview at the most prominent spot of the day at the Dutch national tv (right after the 8 o'clock news on the public channel 1) by the most well-known presenter.
Old 05-15-2021, 12:25 PM
Majesty

She,our Maxima,drove all over the country,on her own,and stopped to have refreshments,and bitterballen along the way and also improving her Dutch language skills...While wearing a wig and playing silly...What a girl,nuestra chica latina!I just love her!!

Nah,I didn´t make that up,she told it in the interview.God Bless our Maxima!
Old 05-16-2021, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Máxima, Current Events Part 2 (October 2017 - present)

New pictures for Maxima’s 50th.
Taken by her husband in the garden at Huis Ten Bosch.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CO70eT-H...=1s206zpcnm3n3
Old 05-16-2021, 10:13 AM
Majesty

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/foto-e...tfotos/actueel

Three wonderfull new pics of our birthday girl!!

Courtesy HM King Willem Alexander
Old 05-16-2021, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

Lovely photos of Maxima
Old 05-17-2021, 12:40 PM
Majesty

A special coin for Máxima's 50th birthday (an initiative of 2 Caribbean countries in the Kingdom of the Netherlands).
Old 05-17-2021, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

I never see stamps, coins and banknotes. The Pandemic made these almost relics from a bygone past.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
A special coin for Máxima's 50th birthday (an initiative of 2 Caribbean countries in the Kingdom of the Netherlands).
What a lovely commemorative coin to mark the queen's 50th Birthday.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:37 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I just saw the interview with Máxima, which was broadcasted tonight on the occassion of her 50th birthday. I was rather surprised. We have never seen an interview that was this relaxed, natural and with such direct and difficult questions.

The queen was articulate, authentic, likable, intelligent and she knows it is not about her, always trying to shift the focus to the people she meets, the volunteers, the projects etc. I don't think that there is anybody in the whole country who has this amount of charm and charisma. It is hard to imagine anybody could have been better at this function in The Netherlands.

Some questions were surprising, as the interviewer did not evade the difficult subjects. First and foremost about the death of her sister, about which she seemed rather open and even talkative. The only time she struggled was when Matthijs van Nieuwkerk was asking her about the speedboat. Can you imagine anybody daring to raise such a thing to Queen Beatrix? How times have changed!

In the beginning it seemed that Matthijs van Nieuwkerk -a routinier - was a bit nervous as his hands were shaking. He talked a bit too much but it is hard to imagine anybody would be better suited to do this kind of interview - at least from the perspective of the royal house.

Some other tidbits:

before the engagement Máxima was travelling through the country by car. Visiting all kinds of places, while wearing a wig.

when Amalia was younger they saw a clip of the wedding and the adios nonino on television. Amalia asked: what did daddy do to make you cry?

Van Niewkerk quoted the last lines of the first part of the Máxima biography of Marcia Luyten. A friend of Máxima named Tristana laid out tarot cards to predict Máxima's future. She predicted that she would move to Europe, have a change of carreer and sign a contract with her spouse. Máxima herself added that by that time she thought that she would never get married and have a family of her own and she wondered how to get enough satisfaction out of her work to fill that gap.

about Amalia and her future; I don't see her as the future queen but as my little baby.

on the question: 'what does he [WA] mean to you': she replied: apart from being the father of my children, my husband ... he is my anchor. He keeps me focused, he pushes me and inspires me to do my work, but he holds me at the same time. That combination is fantastic. Of course we have a great time together, with our children, he is a very good father, has a lot of humor, an enormous support.

the presentor gve the queen a book of poems by Pablo Neruda, from which she read one poem. In return she gave him the poems of Louise Glück. The queen said she loves reading poetry and that it relaxes her.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:21 PM
Gentry

Thank you! I really hope a full transcript is done by someone !
Old 05-17-2021, 05:28 PM
Majesty

So far I only saw a few tidbits; Máxima was clearly getting emotional when she was asked what Willem-Alexander means to her. She took a few seconds to formulate her answer. Quite lovely to see.

They also discussed the disastrous holiday in Greece. Máxima explained that during the whole pandemic they had been focusing on what was still possible, so for them it was a logical choice to go to Greece as it was 'yellow' and they had their own home there; so, it was permitted. Only later they realized that they failed in 'solidarity'. Her solution for now: work even harder.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:23 PM
Majesty

The general consensus about the interview (on twitter #Maxima50) seems to be that the Netherlands can count itself lucky with Máxima as queen!
Old 05-17-2021, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Yes, I was surprised by that too, as twitter usually is rather acid about these things. On television the comments are almost completely positive. Jeroen Pauw -who interviewed Máxima in 2005- did remark that he thought that the RVD may have suggested not to ask certain questions. Namely the obvious questions about Amalia's income and another obvious question: did you tell the prime minister about the Greek vacation, as that may bring the PM some difficulties in parlament.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

It seems the Queen's private office (her official one is at Noordeinde Palace) was the old private office of Prince Claus.

Was Prince Claus still alive, he would never have recognized his old study. In his days this study was a salon with dark mahoganny timber against the walls.

It was also visible that it really is a 17th C palace. When the couple walked from the vestibule in the corps-de-logis to her study in one of the wings, they had to cross several salons, exactly as you imagine ladies in wigs and long robes moving from salon to salon: there are no hallways.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:10 AM
Administrator

(..)

In the beginning of the part on her sister Ines the camera zooms in on a picture of Máxima and Ines in the book cupboard behind the queen. Next to it is a photo of Pirnce Friso who of course also died before his time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc et Pair
It seems the Queen's private office (her official one is at Noordeinde Palace: was the old private office of Prince Claus.

Was Prince Claus still alive, he would never have recognized his old study. In his days this study was a salon with dark mahoganny timber against the walls.

It was also visible that the cit really is a 17th C palace. When the couple walked from the vestibule in the corps-de-logis to her study in one of the wings, they had to cross several salons, exactly as you imagine ladies in wigs and long robes moving from salon to salon: there are no hallways.
It was nice to get a little peak into the palace and the queen explaining some items, such as the chandelier in the hall by studio Drift, which she said to have seen 15 years ago already. The blue lamp above the fireplace in her office was made by 'an upcoming artist'. She also highlighted the cupboard in her office, which was already used by Prince Claus.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Willem-Alexander has granted the Order of the House of Orange to Queen Máxima for her 50th Birthday

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1pvwYZW...jpg&name=large