Queen Máxima as UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services 1: 2009 - Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure she will get a salary. Her job is not any different from the other titles at the UN that do get paid.
Many positions with UN are honorary and are paid very little if anything. Bill Clinton is a Special Envoy to Haiti and is paid $1.00/year.

These positions are delegated to people that have status, money or both. The real work is done by paid career staff. Maxima may get reimbursed for travel cost.

i'm really happy for maxima's new appointment, she certainly works hard and has earned an impressive recognition by people working in similar fields internationally. it's very impressive to see and i'm glad she continues her work with the UN. she is quite possibly the most active of crown princesses and i'm glad she chooses high-effort positions rather than just do "cut the ribbon" activities. i can't wait to find out more on what she will be doing.

I concurr with the above posts. What a wonderful role model for all young women to aspire to. Maxima has style, personality, and brains. All of which serve her and her country well. The Dutch should be proud. It's great to see high profile international women using their talents to work for the greater good of humanity. What glass ceiling.......?????

The appointment only reflects that Maxima is most high-profiled CP around these days, well done!

i agree DOM, very impressive work indeed!

did the interview on her new job finally take place?

Dutch Princess Maxima gives a speech during a special event at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank Meeting in Istanbul, on October 5, 2009. IMF managing director Dominique Strauss-Kahn and Dutch Princess Maxima, an international activist for development, launched the Dutch-funded project in Istanbul ahead of the IMF and World Bank annual meetings here. The International Monetary Fund announced today a worldwide project to collect data on access to financial services in a bid to help policies aimed at reducing poverty. AFP PHOTO / BULENT KILIC

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

I think Maxima looks nice, she is dressed nicely. How long is she in Istanbul? Will there be other meetings?
It would be great to get her speech.

Is this part of the special UN Council Committee that CP Maxima was appointed to last week? I too would love to see video of her speech on this topic if anyone could post it. Thanks in advance.

I think Maxima looks nice, she is dressed nicely. How long is she in Istanbul? Will there be other meetings?
It would be great to get her speech.

Speech by HRH in Istanbul today:

Het Koninklijk Huis

But I think this has to move to the Special Advocate thread as it is in relation to that HRH was in Istanbul.
HRH not only attended this special IMF meeting but will have more meetings today and tomorrow with various
government ministers,law makers,bankers etc during the annual meeting of the IMF and worldbank(s).

http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?mailingid=15408&flush=1

courtesy royalimages.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=05-10-2009%20Istanbul

courtesy ppe

:)

Last edited:
Speech by HRH in Istanbul today:

Het Koninklijk Huis

But I think this has to move to the Special Advocate thread as it is in relation to that HRH was in Istanbul.
HRH not only attended this special IMF meeting but will have more meetings today and tomorrow with various
government ministers,law makers,bankers etc during the annual meeting of the IMF and worldbank(s).

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages.

:)
Thanks for the link and pictures. It's a nice speech.

wonderful news
CP Maxima is in Istanbul. Wellcome CP Maxima

Thanks for her speech, its pretty good I think. Was it given in English?

I like how her speech talks about the underprivileaged as well as empowering women to be able to make good solid choices in their lives. Thank you for posting the speech. Maxima is "in her element" with this special appointment by the UN.

Congratulations to Princess Maxima! This is a wonderful opportunity, and the Princess will make an excellent Special Advocate. She brings extensive knowledge and diplomatic skills to this position with her. She is truly qualified, and I believe that she will do an incredible job.

I am so disappointed to hear that the Clintons' website featured the wrong person on their website when they were attempting to list a photo of Maxima. :bang: Hopefully, this has been fixed.

I agree that Maxi is well qualified for this position for a change amongst royal ladies. I do get rather tired of these positions being given to people just because of who they are married to/born to when these people know no more about things than many other people but are propelled into the spotlight to speak authoritatively about various subjects.

How refreshing to see someone like Maxi who had a real high powered job in international banking before her marriage ( think she was a VP) and who knows what she is talking about instead of the cult of celebrity taking over and someone being given a position due to social status. I am sure she will be a great success and wish her well.

lucien, doesn't HRH Maxima have an engagement back home on Tuesday? Wow, her schedual is crazy!!

02-11-2009 India Princess Maxima during her visit at the Microfinance India Summit in India.(pictues taken 26 october)

PPE Gallery

i'm glad to see maxima is starting strongly in her new role!

It is great to see her moving well beyond ribbon cutting and such. Given the current economic climate, this initiative is a big and important role.

Great to see she was at CGI in NYC also this year, given that many of the seminars/sessions were about women and microfinancing and how crucial it is to the future of economic success of the third world, in particular.

I'm excited to hear about how her role evolves and hopeful for the success of this UN initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom