Queen Máxima and Microfinance / Financial Inclusion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Accompanied by Vito Tanzi, former under secretary of State for Economy and Finance, Italy, Princess Maxima of the Netherlands delivers her speech at the Follow-Up International Conference on Financing for Development to review the Implementation of Monterrey Consensus during of the International Conference on Financing for Development in Sheraton Hotel in DOHA-QATAR on 29 November 2008, EPA/Noushad Thekkayil via ANP

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3

Maxima looks wonderful. I love seeing photos of her when she is on the job. She never looks anything other than completely interested and engaged in her duties.

Accompanied by Vito Tanzi, former under secretary of State for Economy and Finance, Italy, Princess Maxima of the Netherlands delivers her speech at the Follow-Up International Conference on Financing for Development to review the Implementation of Monterrey Consensus during of the International Conference on Financing for Development in Sheraton Hotel in DOHA-QATAR on 29 November 2008, EPA/Noushad Thekkayil via ANP

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3
she use the jacket in one of the baptisim! lovely!

Similar clothes to Mathilde's once again.

She is good in that what she is doing and know what she is doing.

I do love Maxima, she is a lovely intelligent lady, who seems always genuinly interested in the things she does. Only one thing.... is there anyone who can tell her to do something with her hair. Oh dear it looks really bad on the last photo's, it looks "i have just come out of my bed and didn't have time to comb it" what a pity

I'm impressed with Princess Maxima's knowledge on this subject.

Thank you, thank you so much for posting these videos! She sounds a little strange for an Argentinian, maybe it´s the influence of Dutch. Let´s not forget she studied Economics, but she has obviously prepared herself on this particular subject..

Very well done, Máxima! :) I really liked to hear the princess talking about this topic. She's not only well prepared as she seems to really Believe in what she's saying. This is not a hobby for her, but something she cares a lot. I hope she continues like this.

it is great her work andwhat she is doing for the poeple . may i ask this is aquestion to the british people, here in this forums? for me she sounds very british whenshe speaks but i might be wrong does she has an accent when she speaks english, like can you listen her argentinenan accent?

I saw the video at another site and was quite impressed by Maxima. She was clearly very knowledgeable about the subject and was able to answer the questions fluidly and eloquently.

As far as her accent goes, I found it more Dutch than anything else and bizarrely thought there was a slight English intonation as well.

I was also very impressed with CP Maxima's expertise in this field, as well as with her excellent English. Being American, I unfortunately speak English in that nasal-Yankee style (if I could do something about it, believe me, I would). To me, her accent was very lovely. Her English was perfect, and her intonation and pronunciation were very clear. Her rhythm is nearly similar to that of a native speaker.

In an interview released this morning HRH states she will be critical before accepting new international functions/jobs in the
future,but she is open to new challenges in the field of micro-credit.It will have to be interesting enough,have content and
effect,and moreover,it should be easy to combine with her family and the work she already does here in The Netherlands.

The Princess gave the interview as the UN Council on Inclusive Sectors will be desolved as of today as its job is done.
HRH has been a member of this UN council for 4 years.

HRH will remain a member of the national council for micro-credit.

Last edited:
In an interview released this morning HRH states she will be critical before accepting new international functions/jobs in the
future,but she is open to new challenges in the field of micro-credit.It will have to be interesting enough,have content and
effect,and moreover,it should be easy to combine with her family and the work she already does here in The Netherlands.

The Princess gave the interview as the UN Council on Inclusive Sectors will be desolved as of today as its job is done.
HRH has been a member of this UN council for 4 years.

HRH will remain a member of the national council for micro-credit.

does that mean maxima is finishing her work on microcredits with the UN?:ermm:

i loved seeing maxima in the al jazeera interview. she really seems knowledgeable, intelligent and prepared. a true joy to see a princess doing something that really has an impact in international diplomacy.

i cannot really identify her accent in english - maybe somewhat northern european?

Last edited by a moderator:
does that mean maxima is finishing her work on microcredits with the UN?:ermm:

i loved seeing maxima in the al jazeera interview. she really seems knowledgeable, intelligent and prepared. a true joy to see a princess doing something that really has an impact in international diplomacy.

i cannot really identify her accent in english - maybe somewhat northern european?

the foundation that the funds earned from the princess maxima polo cup this year willgo towards Fundación F.A.N., a foundation to care for children.

Carlota yes,the work foir the UN is finished,the Advisory Council recently presented Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon with the final report during a meeting in Doha.HRH doesn't mind new/more challenges in the micro-credit field as long as it combines easyer with her family life and her work in The Netherlands.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Máxima attended today in Zeist the start of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values
Reina Máxima - Novedades

Accompanied by Aunt Irene,(HRH Princess Irene,at the right in the second pic) and other family members:)
http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=9295008&pos=1

Princess Máxima speeched at the seminar at Triodos Bank,Zeist.
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=28588

Speech by HRH (in english)

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=minazintra:41469

Last edited:
Pics from Getty
Princess Maxima of the Netherlands makes opening remarks to the Conference on Access to Finance at the World Bank in Washington, DC, March 12 2009.
Gallery

Princess Máxima opened and speeched the Worldbank Conference;
"Measurement,Promotion and impact of access to Financial Services",Washington DC,thursday march 12th.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Her Royal Highness Princess Maxima of the Netherlands makes opening remarks on March 12, 2009 to the Conference on Access to Finance at the World Bank in Washington, DC. The two-day conference providess experts from around the world the opportunity to share new evaluations and research regarding the critical impact of expanding financial services toward the goal of alleviating poverty.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

04-06-2009 IJsselstein Princess Maxima arriving at the meeting Microfinance network in the Fulcotheater in IJsselstein.
The Princess held a speech about microfinance.

PPE Agency

Lovely! Isn't this the second time that she has worn this outfit? The first time for the Queens birthday or something? Anyway, I like it better when she is not wearing the matching pants. Her hair and makeup are also great!

I think she has never worn it before.
She has worn that .
(Originally posted by Her_Majesty on Crown Princess Maxima's Fashion & Style: Part 2 Thread)

She has worn that .
(Originally posted by Her_Majesty on Crown Princess Maxima's Fashion & Style: Part 2 Thread)
Mmm..reminds me of an Academy Award here :whistling: but it's nice suit.

She has worn that .

Ah, that's right. Thank you for pointing it out. The one she wore the other day is much better. The one in your post above was just horrible in my opinion. Not to mention a bit too tight in various private areas.

Back
Top Bottom