Queen Máxima and Microfinance / Financial Inclusion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maxima looks like she was having a lot of fun! I love the photo with the piggy bank.

She looks nice actually, hair sort of in order for a change and dispite the wind.

More info in Dutch about the exhibition here. Apparently they want to teach teenagers between 12 and 16 how to deal with money.

Princess Máxima's speech at the Roundtable meeting Egyptian Microfinance Leaders,Cairo:

Het Koninklijk Huis
lucien, I always wonder when PMaxima flies, is it on a state plane or does she fly commercial. She does so much travel, I would think the state would provide some kind of luxury for her since there are many engagements on different continents 1 day apart.:ohmy:

lucien, I always wonder when PMaxima flies, is it on a state plane or does she fly commercial. She does so much travel, I would think the state would provide some kind of luxury for her since there are many engagements on different continents 1 day apart.:ohmy:

She mostly uses scheduled flights,business class ofcourse,but apart from that,nothing special.

She mostly uses scheduled flights,business class ofcourse,but apart from that,nothing special.

Good for her! I think it is admirable that she uses regular flights. I always find it funny when celebs or royals (but usually celebs) talk about how important it is to be eco-friendly, and then they fly everywhere on private jets. CP Maxima really seems to be a normal, down-to-earth, genuine person.

Good for her! I think it is admirable that she uses regular flights. I always find it funny when celebs or royals (but usually celebs) talk about how important it is to be eco-friendly, and then they fly everywhere on private jets. CP Maxima really seems to be a normal, down-to-earth, genuine person.
I so agree. Those must be the same celebs who brag about their "green" house and how everyone should have the same thing even though they make 20 million+ bank a year. PMaxima is the best!!:D

she normally flies commercial (except when she goes with the queen and the prince for state visits). i read a couple of times how she flew with dutch company KLM and recently she took south american airlines during her travel concerning the microcredits and personal travel alike.

great to see her in cairo! she is such an active personality. i find it quite admirable how all her visits generally focus on her activities (and ocassionally her bad hair days :rolleyes:) rather than the hype of going elsewhere or what she is wearing. it's always a good sign.

Do you think that there would be an outcry if she didnt? - Lucien? - Marengo?

Do you think that there would be an outcry if she didnt? - Lucien? - Marengo?

No.There is a certain amount of hours annually the PH-KBX can be used by the members of the RF,and they stick to that as much as possible.

For intercontinental flights the use of the KBX is only reserved when HM,or Alexander and Máxima,make State- or Official Visits,and even then it is only used for the last leg outbound as it is a short- to medium haul aircraft even tho,in this version,it is capable to fly further then the usual F-70's.At the time the aircraft was purchased by the Gov. to promote dutch Fokker Aircraft Industries,a flying business card if you like.

All members of the government,ministers as well as state-secretaries,travel on the KBX too if need be,as well as the other government jet

No.There is a certain amount of hours annually the PH-KBX can be used by the members of the RF,and they stick to that as much as possible.

For intercontinental flights the use of the KBX is only reserved when HM,or Alexander and Máxima,make State- or Official Visits,and even then it is only used for the last leg outbound as it is a short- to medium haul aircraft even tho,in this version,it is capable to fly further then the usual F-70's.At the time the aircraft was purchased by the Gov. to promote dutch Fokker Aircraft Industries,a flying business card if you like.

All members of the government,ministers as well as state-secretaries,travel on the KBX too if need be,as well as the other government jet
i understand it is very luxurious plane inside, am i correct?any photos may be?

i understand it is very luxurious plane inside, am i correct?any photos may be?

Nonsens,it is absolutely not a luxurious aircraft.It just has fewer seats,yes,for the rest there is nothing fancy about it,
HM isn't in to that,she prefers modern busineeslike features.No gold and diamond inlays here,nada.

ANP Beeldbank

Alexander usually flies the KBX himself,he is a qualified pilot and to get the annual amount of hours often flies,
incognito for the passengers ofcourse, with dutch KLM-Cityhopper scheduled flights within Europe.

ANP Beeldbank

Inside:
ANP Beeldbank

Rotate...:
ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Royalimages.

i mean luxurious in the sense that it is like a "bedroom" to sleep for the Queen and a dressing room,?
thank you for the photos!

i mean luxurious in the sense that it is like a "bedroom" to sleep for the Queen and a dressing room,?
thank you for the photos!

No,it doesn't have a bedroom but slumber seats,the sort already outdated on most airlines business classes nowadays.
There is a space in the back where HM,or anyone else,can change,but I wouldn't call it a dressingroom,it is just a space
with a seat and a table and a storage for whatever she needs on the flight.oh,yes,and the bathroom/loo is slightly larger then on a average aircraft where one usually can just turn and then get stuck,HM has more space,yes,but other then that,like I said,nothing luxurious at all.

There are bundles of todays flimsy nouveau plebs people with a braincell less and a dime too much that criss cross our skies in in luxury bordering the insane,but you won't find that here.

No,it doesn't have a bedroom but slumber seats,the sort already outdated on most airlines business classes nowadays.
There is a space in the back where HM,or anyone else,can change,but I wouldn't call it a dressingroom,it is just a space
with a seat and a table and a storage for whatever she needs on the flight.oh,yes,and the bathroom/loo is slightly larger then on a average aircraft where one usually can just turn and then get stuck,HM has more space,yes,but other then that,like I said,nothing luxurious at all.

There are bundles of todays flimsy nouveau plebs people with a braincell less and a dime too much that criss cross our skies in in luxury bordering the insane,but you won't find that here.
this is good and i like it, the reality is that they have this state visits and when they come out of a plane they look antastic, i just think always when i travel by plane i come out of the plane and i look terrible, tired, i can not change mu clothes and defentley i can not use high hils plus all the luggage to take, they come our with a purse and flowrs, i love that!
and you are right, it is all this nonse with celbrities films stars, etc... like J.L. have the room decorated in the hospital for the delivery of her babies, what stupidy!!!! the royals they do not do such stupid thing! and i admire them for that1 keep it down to earth!

this is good and i like it, the reality is that they have this state visits and when they come out of a plane they look antastic, i just think always when i travel by plane i come out of the plane and i look terrible, tired, i can not change mu clothes and defentley i can not use high hils plus all the luggage to take, they come our with a purse and flowrs, i love that!
and you are right, it is all this nonse with celbrities films stars, etc... like J.L. have the room decorated in the hospital for the delivery of her babies, what stupidy!!!! the royals they do not do such stupid thing! and i admire them for that1 keep it down to earth!

if they did, many people would complain. celebrities can tolerate excentricity, royals can't. however, i always thought the dutch RF is quite down to earth (despite being one of the richest monarchies) in comparison with other royals.

thanks for the pics of the exhibition and cairo, lucien. they were great. maxima's blouse has a lovely cut and blouse. the spiders are a funny detail! i wonder if it relates to halloween at all... :rolleyes:

press release on the microfinance leaders meeting in cairo, egypt

I have to say that it looks less luxurious than the plane designated for the President of the U.S.A. I saw a documentary on Air Force One and it is quite impressive. Both former Presidents G.W.H. Bush and Clinton said that they both enjoyed its use.

By contrast, the Dutch Royal plane interior looks rather simple. Though I'm sure HM and TRH appreciate having a comfortable plane available for their use.

HRH will attend the UN conference on Inclusive Financial Sectors,Doha saturday november 29th.

In the closing session HRH will offer the report of the UN Advisory Council on Inclusive Financial Sectors
to UN-Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon.
Het Koninklijk Huis

HRH will attend the UN conference on Inclusive Financial Sectors,Doha saturday november 29th.

In the closing session HRH will offer the report of the UN Advisory Council on Inclusive Financial Sectors
to UN-Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon.
Het Koninklijk Huis

i adore hearing that maxima attends such meetings on finance and economic related issues outside her country so often. i'm sure it's because her work is known and appreciated by the people in the field. it's surely not just a "cut ribbons" job that she does and i believe that's why she is so liked.

do you think she will be received by sheikha mozah or any qatar royals?

i adore hearing that maxima attends such meetings on finance and economic related issues outside her country so often. i'm sure it's because her work is known and appreciated by the people in the field. it's surely not just a "cut ribbons" job that she does and i believe that's why she is so liked.

Might expect that yes,as the whole "crowd" is there,including UN Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon.:)

Maxi had a real, high powered career before her marriage and understands banking at a high level through working at that level. She isn't like some other royal ladies who have to have 'careers' puffed up to look like something important when they really worked at low levels. Maxi is clearly very intelligent and spirited and she seems to have enormous energy and enthusiasm for her work and charmingly, lacks the vanity that others may have.

Maxi had a real, high powered career before her marriage and understands banking at a high level through working at that level. She isn't like some other royal ladies who have to have 'careers' puffed up to look like something important when they really worked at low levels. Maxi is clearly very intelligent and spirited and she seems to have enormous energy and enthusiasm for her work and charmingly, lacks the vanity that others may have.

My words exactly.Who needs those fashion dolls that jet the globe pretending they are something they are absolutely not,nor ever will be.
Our Máxima is unique,like it or not,she is first among equals as a mix of beauty,inside and out,with brains to match.:flowers:

completely agreed. i think yamamah's point is important: she had an important career before being a princess which makes her different from the rest.

Almost All Crown Princesses had careers before being a princess... Mathilde and Mary were good preofessionals as well and Letizia was a very good professional.

I don't understand why some people believe Máxima is a model of discretion in what concerns to fashion! She is indeed one of the princess who cares more about her clothes and her look. Maybe Mary achieves more attention to her look because she is (IMO) more elegant and goodlooking but I don't think any of them (including Letizia or Mathilde) is a fashion doll...

I do think Máxima gains a lot is in enthusiasm, interest and caring. As everyone can see on these last pictures, she looks always glad to be with people. But about fashion or career, she's just like all the others.

Yes, Leti and Mary were professionals too. I am talking about Middle Eastern Royal families in particular who are guilty of 'talking up' their members who when compared to some of the Crown Princesses of Europe didn't actually achieve much. The girls who married into the royal houses of europe have definitely enhanced those houses and aren't fashion dolls even thought they dress nicely. Maxi was a high level banker. Leti a high level journalist and Mary a successful lawyer - positive examples to all girls out there as they achieved BEFORE they married and haven't got what they have through marriage alone. Maxi is such a free spirit, I admit I have an affection for her but I like the other's too.

Maxima has such an exuberant personality, I smile whenver I see a photograph of her. Her enthusiasm comes through in any photo--regardless of what she is doing. Regardless if the subject is exciting or mundane, she still makes who she is with feel incredibly important. That kind of enthusiasm is hard to fake, and it shows how genuine of a person she is. I would be disappointed if she didn't wear bright colors and fun jewelry--it wouldn't suit her. She looks wonderful understated as well--in fact, she just looks wonderful no matter what because her smile is always so real. She always looks happy, excited, and like she really cares and enjoys what she is doing. She approaches life with gusto--

Yes her joie de vivre is infectious and W-A is a bit stiff so she is perfect for him and for Holland as a balance.

Yes her joie de vivre is infectious and W-A is a bit stiff so she is perfect for him and for Holland as a balance.

I don't think that WA is as stiff as he appears. I think that Maxima is just so exuberant and vivacious that anyone would seem stiff next to her. I can't imagine Maxima being in love with anyone who is stiff.

Back
Top Bottom