Queen Máxima and Microfinance / Financial Inclusion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess Máxima attended, as member of the council for Microfinance, the
Entrepreneursstartingpoint (Ondernemersstartpunt) in Hardenberg, November
9, 2010. The Princess was informed about the importance of microfinance
and the opportunities that the city of Hardenberg offers her entrepreneurs.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Did the princess have another event to attend later today? It seems that she arrived by car and left by helicopter. Although Hardenberg is in the east of the country, a trip by car shouldn't take more than two hours from the Hague.

Edit: I checked the website of the RF and Máxima attends the opening of something in Boxmeer (near Nijmegen) this afternoon, so hence the helicopter.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/Actuee...faciliteit_van_diergeneesmiddelenbedrijf.html

Last edited:
Did the princess have another event to attend later today? It seems that she arrived by car and left by helicopter. Although Hardenberg is in the east of the country, a trip by car shouldn't take more than two hours from the Hague.

Edit: I checked the website of the RF and Máxima attends the opening of something in Boxmeer (near Nijmegen) this afternoon, so hence the helicopter.

Het Koninklijk Huis

That's true. She arrived by helicopter this morning in Hardenberg, but she has been picked up there by a car. She has driven by car to the event. She has left by car, but she has gone back to the place to the helicopter and she has gone by helicopter to Boxmeer. There she has been picked up by a car and has driven to the event. Etc etc etc. :) Understand?

I'm sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
The Princess,member of the Dutch Council for Microfinance,will attend the Creative Factory
and the conference at the Entrepeneurs House South in Rotterdam,this morning.

Princess Maxima attended a symposium of the Creative Factory and the Ondernemershuis Zuid in Rotterdam. December 03, 2010

PPE Agency Rotterdam

The Princess,member of the Dutch Microfinance Council,will open a microfinance entrepeneurpoint in the city of Dordrecht this morning.

Princess Maxima attended the opening of the new Microfinance entrepreneurs
shop (MF-ondernemerspunt) and visited the flat of changes in Wielwijk in
Dordrecht, December 10, 2010. Maxima awarded the 1,000th microcredit of
Qredits to Drs D. Laman Trip, President of the Council of Microfinance.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
I don´t know how she does it, but she always seems to be in such a good mood. No matter where she goes or who she meets. I bet she makes everyone feel at easy in her presence. There must be something in her temperament.

The show is visible here: http://www.uitzendinggemist.nl/index.php/aflevering?aflID=12035502&md5=f0a0ce93b06f2f355eeef4a20512ab67

The part with princess Máxima starts after 2.20 minutes. Although Pieter van Vollenhoven and Princess Laurentien were participating in a show with audience before, I am not too sure if it should be done again: Valerio Zeno screaming: 'princess Máximaaaaa!'

The presentor says that he met princess Máxima before and that they came up with the idea of the programme together. The princess explains her motivation: she meets (due to her work I assume) a lot of people who have problems in dealing with money and who ended up in debt. She continues about awareness, parents have a responsibility. Amalia gets 1 euro per week at the moment. Pocket money for children isn't only to buy things but also to teach them how to save/budget. She mentions that there are 366 different subsriptions to mobile telephones (the major reason for debts among young people), so it is difficult to pick the right one. She met 2 young men who went to Barcelona for 25 euros, only to spend 700 euros there (and that way they became in debt). So she suggests that we need to inform people/ youngsters more about costs etc. I don't think she got the joke about youngsters for free in Chersonisos (the Dutch Jersey shore). The presentor asks how she stayed out of financial trouble when she was young. In her days she didn't have mobile phones, no internet sales. In her days they only had a walkman, for which she saved for a long time. At the moment there are so many consumers goods for youngsters. And she always received cash money which she put in different things. Now it is all on an account, with a pass, so it isn't so visibe anymore. She starts with a money test and has to guess about the costs of milk, sneakers and in the end a game computer. She says that she knows the price of the computer very well since her daughters really want it (but obviously she has her doubts about it).

In the end the winner, singer Dominique van Hulst, compliments the princess for the initiative.

Last edited:

Princess Máxima attended the meeting Women in Financial Services (WIFS) at
the conference center Eureko/Achmea in Zeist, February 7, 2011. WIFS is a
netwerk of women with management position in the financial sector.

** ppe gallery **

Maxima is making quite a name for herself in finance, I think she's a perfect spokeswoman. She has a vibrant aura and I'm sure she can get her points and info across by keeping her audience's attention. I've attended meetings by finance people and while knowledgeable, they tend to be dull.

Princess Maxima attended the Goed Geld Gala ( Good Money Gala) of the Nationale Postcode Loterij in the Singer museum in Laren. February 09, 2011

PPE Agency Laren ** ANP Gallery ** Belga Picture

Last edited:
It appears that both the PoO and Princess Maxima have more engagements in the NL lately and fewer trips abroad in the past six months.

Marika86 said:
Princess Maxima attended the Goed Geld Gala ( Good Money Gala) of the Nationale Postcode Loterij in the Singer museum in Laren. February 09, 2011

PPE Agency Laren ** ANP Gallery ** Belga Picture

This was a nice improvement.
But she still needs to work on her look.

Back
Top Bottom