Princess Máxima's 40th Birthday: May 17, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing,stunning and BEAUTIFUL :) :) :)

I want to meet her so bad! Princess by marriage, but her charming qualities are all hers! Wish her many many many more years!

The photos are incredible. She looks stunning. But there are a couple that she doesn't quite look like herself. The white formal dress with tiara is totally Maxima though and beautiful.

I really liked the photos, especially the one with her in the Valentino dress take outdoors, its quite fun. Th either pictures are very formal which I don't mind, its a nice choice of mixtures they have chosen IMO. Im somehow glad that there are no pictures of Maxima with W-A or the children simply since its Maxima's 40th and it should be about her. If there will be official pictures released for the occasion im pretty sure it will include her husband and children.

I love the photos , special the 2 portarait and the white dress, stunning!

Great pictures and its nice that the Dutch celebrate Maxima in that way. When looking at her I can easily imagine her as Queen as her looks are so very fitting into the family that an outsider could think that she is Beatrix' daughter, not DIL.

WA certainly did a great catch when chosing his wife.

2 more observations:
The picture with the arms crossed is inspired by Spanish CP Letizia, who chose for herself the business approach in her own official pic :p

Needless to say that on such pics there is heavy photoshop or airbrush, but the photo that shows Maxima in the white costume really went over the top, the girl looks nothing like Maxima :D

Last edited by a moderator:
2 more observations:
The picture with the arms crossed is inspired by Spanish CP Letizia, who chose for herself the business approach in her own official pic :p

Needless to say that on such pics there is heavy photoshop or airbrush, but the photo that shows Maxima in the white costume really went over the top, the girl looks nothing like Maxima :D

I wish Letizia would have a regal photograph taken of her wearing a tiara & looking like a Princess & less of the Prime ministers wife pose we get from her.

I love the photos of Maxima,the Netherlands & Dutch Royal family are quite lucky!

I don't usually think of the adjective "elegant" for CP Maxima, but she certainly fits the bill here!

I especially love her in that one shoulder ivory satin gown, and the chignon she is wearing under her tiara is perhaps one the most intricate and beautiful I have ever seen...good work Princess! :whistling:

We should all be so lucky to look that good at age 40!

Happy Birthday to the beautiful and charming Princess Maxima!!
All the best now and always.

Feliz cumple, futura Reina!

The Princess and hubby and M-I-L arriving at Noordeinde Palace this morning as the Princess handed out the annual Apples of Orange.

PPE Agency

:)

Happy 40th Birthday Maxima!

Cheers by HM and Alexander this morning:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy anp:)

At the Palace during the speech on occasion of the hand-out of the Apples of Orange the Princess announced a new initiative by her in cooperation with the Orange Fund,it is called kids and music and emphasizes to have as many children as possible become aquanted with all sorts of instruments.

http://www.kinderenmakenmuziek.nl/

Last edited:
The pictures where she is wearing the white gown are stunning, in the others she doesn't look like Maxima to me.

No familys fotos with Amalia, Ariane and Alexia? thanks

The documentary merely consisted of old stuff from other documentaries, containing only little new footage.

But still, Maxima is the great character among all CPs, her vibrancy and individuality stands out and its no surprise that she is so popular. For me she is the only one who was not only allowed but encouraged to stay herself and was entrusted and taken seriously within the family from the beginning. This is the result after 10 years: no other couple in waiting is as ready as WA & Maxima for the top job.

While other CPs work their butt off and still face an uncertain future because of lack of acceptance and personality, these two have managed to gain full respect and backing of the public. Good luck for the next 40 years! :)

The documentary merely consisted of old stuff from other documentaries, containing only little new footage.

But still, Maxima is the great character among all CPs, her vibrancy and individuality stands out and its no surprise that she is so popular. For me she is the only one who was not only allowed but encouraged to stay herself and was entrusted and taken seriously within the family from the beginning. This is the result after 10 years: no other couple in waiting is as ready as WA & Maxima for the top job.

While other CPs work their butt off and still face an uncertain future because of lack of acceptance and personality, these two have managed to gain full respect and backing of the public. Good luck for the next 40 years! :)

True!Agree with you,word for word,Your Grace..!:)

True!Agree with you,word for word,Your Grace..!:)

:flowers:

Usually the "royal experts" on such programmes are boring and take themselves too seriously but the Dutch person Reinildis van Ditzhuyzen is really funny, I always enjoy her comments about Maxima & WA.

Gosh the offical photos are beautiful the Valentio spotty is really my favourite but in each photo the glamour was just oozing from the screen. If only she looked as beautiful on a regular basis. I just was so thrilled to see them. GORGEOUS.

The official photos of Princess Maxima are stunning:)

The ZDF documentairy is old indeed, but the one of the NOS (posted by Florencia) is completely new: Máxima, portret van een prinses: ma 16 mei 2011, 20:30 - Uitzending Gemist

I liked it very much, although Máxima is presented to us as some sort of super woman. from New-York to Egypt, meeting Hillary Clinton, going to Wassenaar to help out at school, very involved with Dutch society, extremely likable, sensitive etc etc. But well, I wouldn't know what else you can make. The journalist that followed her is normally the political correspondent for the NOS, so she is supposed to be critical. She emphasizes that she realises that she is allowed to do a lot of interesting and diverse things.

The documentairy seems simular of the prince of Orange, 4 years ago: 5 scenes with the family, first focus on the work abroad, afterwards more focus on the work in the Netherlands, with some interviews in between. The difference is that the interviews were not made at home in Wassenaar but after different locations, which makes it less boring to look at and which makes her plea to help X more convincing.

The princesses were asked what they liked to do most with their mother: cycling was Alexia's reply, and jumping the trampoline. Amalia said she didn't have an idea, but as long as they were together it was fine. Ariane responded that she liked cycling with her father. Amalia tried to correct her and told that she was supposed to say something about their mother, but Ariane seemed lost ans says: 'oh ja, I forgot".

When Maxima is helping out on the play yard of the school, Alexia is asking her to come inside and sit next to her in class.

The journalists asks the girls if they already knew what gift they will be giving their mother. She asked if they will make something themselves or if they are going to buy something. Amalia explains: I might buy something but it will be a waste of my money. She is saving and says: Mama doesn't want me to be inside the house playing with the DS (as she is saving for one). Ariane says she will make a painting.

Prince Willem-Alexander says: she means everything for me. Since we met each other in April '99 we became soulmates, man & wife, parents of 3 children. As a person she is unique. She stands ready for everybody 24 hours per day.

At the end the journalist asked asked about the house in Mozambique and about her remarks on the Dutch identity. Máxima said she learned a lot about the 'identity' discussion. As she wanted to pay a compliment (within the identity there are a lot of different sub identities, there are a lot of identities etc, which was also the conclusion of the WRR report). About the house in Mozambique: we listened well and we decided that such a house can never be more important than our work for the Netherlands. We have to understand why it was critisized. The house is finished, hopefully it will be sold as soon as possible.

About her future role as queen: she says not much will change. She sees it as her main task to encourage people, bring people together etc.

She also says that she feels free to say what she wants to.

The journalist asks if there are things she wants to achieve the next 10 years. Máxima sighs: there is so much! There are so many plans! But as long as I do everything good/right, I already think that will be great.

--------------------

At her birthday the princess was rather excited to announce that a project will be launched to get children into touch with music instruments. The goal was that 25% of the dutch children will be reached within 10 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom