Princess Máxima in Argentina for Microfinance Meeting: April 22, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, Maxima also went shopping with her
mother, here's a pic of her - although you can't
really see that she was shopping ;):

----> Maxima 21.4.2008

HRH certainly has lost a lot of kilo's, she looks slimmer than she did in a long time IMO.
The hair for the meeting was in order again, which makes twice in a row (young finance ministers seem to have a good effect on her ;)). But she wears too much make-up for my taste. The outfit is another recycled one from Eduard Vermeulen...sigh! I liked the utfit of the first day much better, very elegant and feminine.

Last edited:
Princess Maxima met President Cristina Fernandes de Kirchner yesterday evening. I believe this was again in her capacity as ambassador to the UN for microfinance.

Article by Clarin here.

And a picture here.

Courtesy Orianna at the BRMB.

Máxima is featured this week in Gente and Pronto magazines. They include pictures of Máxima shopping with her mother, monday afternoon, at Fahoma (a very well known and chic shop for accesories in Recoleta, nearby her parents' residence), dressed as she was for meeting the Minister of Economy.

The magazines confirm none of the girls were with her this time (just in case any doubt was remaining) and that she had dinner at her parents' appartment monday night (I also saw three personal guards waiting at the door and in a minivan that night, on the opposite side of the street).

Princess Maxima met President Cristina Fernandes de Kirchner yesterday evening. I believe this was again in her capacity as ambassador to the UN for microfinance.

Yes it was... also (according to this article) because of protocol issues, it was not allowed to touch any other subject, out of the pre-arranged agenda for this meeting (microfinance issues, that is):

MDZ Online · Cristina Kirchner se reunirá esta noche con la princesa Máxima Zorreguieta

And our President would not miss a chance of getting a pic with Máxima :rolleyes:

Another article on the conference (I am still searching for videos):

LANACION.com

Yes it was... also (according to this article) because of protocol issues, it was not allowed to touch any other subject, out of the pre-arranged agenda for this meeting (microfinance issues, that is):

MDZ Online · Cristina Kirchner se reunirá esta noche con la princesa Máxima Zorreguieta

And our President would not miss a chance of getting a pic with Máxima :rolleyes:

The meeting was going to take place at 20.00, but Máxima had to wait for more than half an hour becuase Cristina was 'delayed':whistling:

i like her suit but too much make up! does she has her make upp artist with her, i was wondering? and her hair looks much nicer like this

The meeting was going to take place at 20.00, but Máxima had to wait for more than half an hour becuase Cristina was 'delayed':whistling:

She takes after her husband then,everyone had to wait for mr.Kirchner as well wasn't it?
:flowers:
Btw,all meetings during this trip are in the frame of HRH's work for the UN.

Máxima on the cover of Caras magazine this week:

http://www.caras.com.ar/fotos/ed_1372/tapa.jpg

The magazine dedicates 8 pages to Máxima. It includes giant pictures of her, during her non-formal engagements (e.g. in a lovely yellow coat, coming out from her parents' apt. with her aunt Marcela, shopping with her mother, entering the Hyatt hotel, where she stayed at).

yes, she looks great! however I did not like the outfit -gold shirt- she wore for the daytime activity. Everything looked good, including hair and make up but for an evening event. Thank you....

btw, any new pictures?
does anyone know if Amalia and Ariana travelled with her??

yes, she looks great! however I did not like the outfit -gold shirt- she wore for the daytime activity. Everything looked good, including hair and make up but for an evening event. Thank you....

btw, any new pictures?
does anyone know if Amalia and Ariana travelled with her??

No, none of the girls travelled with her. According to Caras, she arrived alone, on Sunday afternoon, with a Malaysian Airlines flight. She stayed at the best suite at the Hyatt Hotel. She visited a friend, Florencia, that same day for 1 1/2 hours, then headed to her parents' at Uriburu street.

Caras continues to tell that they ate "empanadas" - typical Argentinian food - required through home delivery.

shameful! cristina kirchner (and the ex president, her husband) always does this sort of things. it's extremely unprofessional. i believe they already did a similar thing when queen beatrix and the prince and princess of orange visited the country on a state visit. why can't she just be normal and polite and be where she has to be at the right time?

and how incredibly disrespectful is to refer to maxima as 'maxima zorreguieta', rather than the princess of orange, or HRH the princess of the netherlands in the official webpage of the argentinian government...

No, none of the girls travelled with her. According to Caras, she arrived alone, on Sunday afternoon, with a Malaysian Airlines flight. She stayed at the best suite at the Hyatt Hotel. She visited a friend, Florencia, that same day for 1 1/2 hours, then headed to her parents' at Uriburu street.

Caras continues to tell that they ate "empanadas" - typical Argentinian food - required through home delivery.

i didn't know she was staying at the hyatt rather than her parents - maybe it's because of security reasons?

lucky maxima! i also want some empanadas... :wub:

back to topic, i think she looked superb and i'm glad she is supporting the microcredits in argentina.

shameful! cristina kirchner (and the ex president, her husband) always does this sort of things. it's extremely unprofessional. i believe they already did a similar thing when queen beatrix and the prince and princess of orange visited the country on a state visit. why can't she just be normal and polite and be where she has to be at the right time?

and how incredibly disrespectful is to refer to maxima as 'maxima zorreguieta', rather than the princess of orange, or HRH the princess of the netherlands in the official webpage of the argentinian government...

Well, according to the Crítica article I just posted, the audience lasted about 15 minutes (the President said she was "a little bit tired"), and was asked for by the Princess.

We are currently undergoing a very big conflict with the farming sector (the "campo", speaking of landowners and also farm workers), sector which Máxima's father Jorge Z. (and all her family after all) has a close relationship with. As the surname Zorreguieta popped out during the conflict (was used by the government to make critics to that sector), it is believed -so states the article - that this meeting was also some kind polite way of cooling things down.

Last edited:
I think you can't expect anything better from Cristina Kirchner. I'm glad she wouldn't said that Princess Maxima was the one who put fire to the grass that is currently burning on in Delta Islands and covering Buenos Aires of smoke. I'm very, very angry with this "lady". :bang::bang::furious::furious:

Vanesa.

I was having dinner with my family at a restaurant next to her parents house on Sunday night, at about 11pm and there were many paparazzis standing by the building. Although I had not read anything in the press I knew she must have been in Buenos Aires visiting.

Máxima on the cover of Caras magazine this week:

http://www.caras.com.ar/fotos/ed_1372/tapa.jpg

The magazine dedicates 8 pages to Máxima. It includes giant pictures of her, during her non-formal engagements (e.g. in a lovely yellow coat, coming out from her parents' apt. with her aunt Marcela, shopping with her mother, entering the Hyatt hotel, where she stayed at).
Do you have time to scan the photos so we can see it? I check the site of caras but you can not see any photo and you only can buy the magazine if you live in Argentina and I live in the US

Last edited:
Has Maxima returned home now?

royals.web-log.nl has great pictures, and shows more outfits.

I really liked her striped outfit from the first day, but think it was a little too casual for meeting with ministers. also the pants could have been a little longer. but the color and fit were really nice.

the golden outfit from the second day, on the other hand, was way too dressy for a day event. and so much make-up!

my favorite pieces were: the yellow jacket (with brown pants) and the red jacket (though not the red bead necklace).

overall, it think she looked really good. her hair was neat (though a little too tightly pulled back for my tastes). her clothes attractive and flattering. her makeup generally good (except for that one day with the gold outfit).

The red jacket was so wrinkled. She did look pretty though.

I completely agree, ap3. The yellow coat is a go!! She wore it to visit her parents and aunt Marcela, Sunday night.

That jacket reminds me of a similar one, but made of brown leather, same model. So stylish and makes her look younger than usual.

Btw, similar pics were published in local magazines as well.

The red jacket was so wrinkled. She did look pretty though.

I can't see any red jacket in the pics. Only the one she was wearing with the glasses - that one was wrinkled, but hey, she was coming from an endless flight after all...

I can't see any red jacket in the pics. Only the one she was wearing with the glasses - that one was wrinkled, but hey, she was coming from an endless flight after all...

royals.web-log.nl

Just scroll down and you will see it. I do realize she came from a long flight, but still she could have sent the jacket down to be pressed. It was very wrinkled all over.

I just loved everything she wore on this trip most particularly the muti coloures Pucci-look with the white pants and DIVINE Chanel bag. Even her hair was lovely so to all concerned and Maxima welldone.

i loved the missoni style outfit with the wite trousers she wore the first day, the red outfit, the greyish one, very prada, she wore to meet the president and the yellow jacket. the bag she had with the red outfit and the yellow jacket was gorgeous as well.

for those interested, maxima's speech in argentina (spanish) can be found here.

is she back in the netherlands?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom