Princess Máxima - 10 Years in The Netherlands: 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Since there will be an exposition and lots of special reports on tv and in newspapers and magazines, it might be nnice to open a thread about her becoming Dutch 10 years ago.

from Radio Netherlands Worldwide (less than 20% posted due to copyright regulations):

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander could not, perhaps, have chosen a better bride than the Argentine Máxima Zorreguieta. This month, Princess Máxima celebrates 10 years in the Netherlands. Long enough for her to advise Kate Middleton, the future bride of England’s Prince William: "Stay true to yourself. It's a lovely job.” Worldwide Editor Marco Hochgemuth describes Princess Maxima in 10 points.
Maxima as party animal
The first images of Máxima in the Netherlands came in September 1999, with video footage of a nice beach party in Argentina: a young woman dancing, drinking and laughing in the company of some Latin American hunks. It was also at a similar party that Willem-Alexander met Máxima in 1999. With her camera, Máxima rushed at the prince. Willem-Alexander was shocked. "What are you doing? Who the hell is she?," thought the prince. He acknowledged later, "It was love at third sight."
Watch a video report in English about the 10th anniversary of Princess Máxima's engagement with the Dutch crown prince.
Maxima as integration example
In a country in which immigration is high on the political agenda, Máxima has done her best to serve as an integration example. When the couple was presented to the Dutch people on March 30, 2001 on live television, she spoke good Dutch with a charming Spanish accent. Months of lessons and numerous consultants have instructed her on all aspects of Dutch citizenship. The expensive integration course was completed in September 2001 with an introductory tour of all 12 provinces and four cities.

Read more here.

HM The Queen will open the exhibition "10 Years Princess Máxima" at Het Loo Palace today may 7th in the presence of the Princess,so it's a girls day out!:p

The exhibition reflects what the Princess means to the Country and the Royal House as well as her many many interests,ao,micro-credit.All fields in which she works have their place but also her wedding dress and other day- and evening wear.Just beautifull.Please visit the Princess's 40th birthday thread later today when the mods have opened it and posted the preview- pics I've send them.;)

anp gallery - exhibition

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Máxima and Queen Beatrix attended the exhibition ''Máxima, 10 years
in the Netherlands'' at Palace het Loo in Apeldoorn, May 7, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery ** belga/anp gallery ** anp gallery **

** Purepeople: La princesse Maxima et la reine Beatrix : deux boute-en-train chapeautées ! **

** Hola: Holanda celebra el décimo aniversario de la princesa Máxima en los Países Bajos ** gallery **

** Billed-Bladet: Kronprinsesse Maxima udstillet i Holland **

Last edited:
Maxima is adorable. She's got joie de vivre and it draws people to her.

Video,two wonderfull Ladies.You're right cmbruno,she has and she does!:

RTL XL

:)

Last edited:

Princess Máxima and Queen Beatrix attended the exhibition ''Máxima, 10 years
in the Netherlands'' at Palace het Loo in Apeldoorn, May 7, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** ** ** ** **
Wonderful outfit, wonderful smile, but not sure of the hat! Has it been 10 years already? Wow! How nice for Maxima to be celebrated!

More than deserved!
not so sure about this particular outfit. But her persona can never go wrong!:)

It's great to see the Queen opening this exhibition but a pity that W-A & Maxima's daughters were not present as well. Must feel odd/weird going to an exhibition that's all about you but also must make you feel proud at the sometime.
I wonder if many of the outfits displayed are by Natan :D
I thought Maxima could've pulled a much nicer hat/headpiece out for the opening, this was beyond pretty.

i'm so happy maxima is getting a dedicated exposition about her 10 years in the netherlands. it clearly shows how much she's appreciated by her people.

several of her dresses and outfits will be on display, including her engagement dress, wedding gown and the beautiful set she wore to amalia's christening.
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/May2011/PPE11050706.jpg

Paleis Het Loo Celebrates Princess Mxima's Ten Years in the Netherlands with Exhibition

The exhibition ‘Princess MÁXIMA, 10 years in the Netherlands’ will be on view at Paleis Het Loo from 8 May to 4 September 2011. This unique exhibition will be highlighting the princess’s place in the royal family alongside the diverse social activities that Princess Máxima has undertaken during the past decade in Dutch society.

Princess MXIMA, 10 years in the Netherlands

on

It's great to see the Queen opening this exhibition but a pity that W-A & Maxima's daughters were not present as well. Must feel odd/weird going to an exhibition that's all about you but also must make you feel proud at the sometime.
I wonder if many of the outfits displayed are by Natan :D
I thought Maxima could've pulled a much nicer hat/headpiece out for the opening, this was beyond pretty.

W-A is at the North pole,northern Greenland to be exact.:p

Beautifull!!I love how some members here fall over her outfit....but I love it!

It takes a woman of the caliber and jois de vivres like our Máxima to pull this,up close she looked smashing and whatever whenever she always radiates her special brand of being.Inexplicable,but omnipotent.Always,nuestra famoso chica latina!How lucky are we,and Alexander...to have her as one of us.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxima is just darling. I would love to meet her. I'll bet she'd be a lot of fun.

I'd love to meet her as well. She seems like a very vibrant and intelligent woman and I can learn a lot from her.

Positive, intelligent, hardworking, charming, resourceful, a good wife, good mother ... I would love to meet him.

The exhibition on Princess Máxima at Het Loo Palace had 110.000 visitors till now.A absolute hit!

The exhibition is on show until september 4th.:)

The exhibition on Princess Máxima at Het Loo Palace had 110.000 visitors till now.A absolute hit!

I would like to be in Netherlands for to see this exhibition.

What a lovely Lady.
The Dutch are lucky to her!
I think it lovely that she has embraced her new nation and they have embraced her!
Congratulations to her & the people of the Netherlands.:flowers:

(Love reading anything about the Dutch Royals; My Grandmother was Dutch - so I feel 'connected'-just a little bit!:lol:)

:previous:
I wish I could go too!!

... one day I will get there, and when I do I hope to visit all the Royal residences!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom