Prince Willem-Alexander's 40th Birthday Celebrations: August 31-September 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing about the group picture though: I believe Máxima was a little bit too ahead (actually, you could think that she was the one celebrating her birthday) WA in the picture, plus her arms are hanging at the sides, without grace. I believe she should have stepped a little bit behind him, to give the Prince a more leading role (as the colour of her dress was already outshining!), and arranged her arms a little bit differently!

http://www.royalpress.nl/alIMG_1436.jpg
I certainly didn't mind her outshining her husband on this occasion. Afterall the official part was all about the jewels, dresses and outfits, that is at least why oh so many people make that women are interested in it anyway, and in that respect the men fall short.
I would and did mind much more, that Maxima outshone another woman on her special day (her husbands cousins wedding, where she appeared in a huge pink wagonwheel looker me hat) but since she is her hubbys leading lady, she was fine that day...

My fashion takes from Sept 1:

Maxima- great dress, gorgeous color. After being so big with Ariane (I know it was appropriately large, but that was still a big bump), she looks great.

Mabel- I can't believe I'm saying this. :eek:I can't. I just can't. Mabel looks good! She has her hair done nicely (not too severe, not too old), the dress was wonderful, and there were no bows in sight. I just wish she had worn a bra....that would have made it great.

Laurentien- she wasn't as crazy as she often is, but I still am not really a fan of the dress. The hair, I kind of like...or at least don't dislike. We'll have to see.

Letizia: I'm not sure why, but there is something about her in these pictures that reminds me of Emma Watson, the girl who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies. It's not her best, but I'm so happy to see her in gala again that I'll still give it a cheer:clap:

Infanta Cristina- looked elegant as usual

Sophie- I didn't mind the shape, but uck, that print!

Mette-Marit- she looks like a crown princess- age-appropriate, elegant, and beautiful. She has had a lot of misses, but this one is a hit.

Victoria- I didn't see much of her dress, but she looked lovely.

[/font]

I guess she chose Alexia for the portrait because she was named after him, right?

Hahahah I usually visualize him like that...absolutely devoted to her...still I doubt he would spend 2 million bucks for a necklace...or would he??

Not $ 2,000,000.--, that was for the Daisy Fellowes necklace which has pure rubies, sapphires emeralds and diamonds.

The Princess' set (collier, bracelet and earrings) seems to contain amethysts, emeralds, tourmalines, blue and pink(ish) sapphires and diamonds and is estimated around € 340.000,--. I have read this on another thread on royal jewels (in his forum).

On the Royal Jewels Message Board a poster (Gideon) found a pair of multicoloured earrings by Harry Winston, worn by the Princess on various festive occasions, did cost around € 20.000,--. See picture.
:eek:

So the estimated sum of around € 340.000,-- seems proportional and right. For sure since it is from the world's most renowned jeweller, Cartier de Paris.
:)

Oh yes: € 340.000,-is appr. $ 460,000.--

Last edited:
On the Royal Jewels Message Board a poster (Gideon) found a pair of multicoloured earrings by Harry Winston, worn by the Princess on various festive occasions, did cost around € 20.000,--. See picture.
Its not Harry Winston but H.Stern
H.Stern

Really I yhought they were glas when I frist saw them, they do not look very refined for the Prize I have to say:ohmy: But I guess very Maxima, flashy and extravagant.

My impressions about the party:

The ladies looked fabulous, although, some of them were not exactly fabulous...
I personally deslike Princess of Asturias dress which looked like a night gown and I also deslike those chandelier earrings, too big and too fake!!!

But the best of all were the three little princesses, Amalia, Alexia and Ariane three little cuties!!!

According to this week's Story, somehow Mabel spoiled WA's party, and Máxima is furious (well chosen pictures ghe ghe). Anyone knows what they've made up this time?

Story

Does it exactly say how Mabel ruined the party?

Well, I've just now I gotten around to give my two cents about this exciting event. What can I say? I love the Dutch Royal family, they are so, how can I put it? Elegant? I can't find the words, but they are just amazing. Everything they do, they do it with style. From the carriage ride to Maxima's jewels (OMG) to the precious little girls, everything was perfect. Let's not forget about the birthday boy either. Willem Alexander is my all time favorite crown prince, and he looked exactly as such on Sept. 1st. Loved the photos! Thanks everyone!

According to this week's Story, somehow Mabel spoiled WA's party, and Máxima is furious (well chosen pictures ghe ghe). Anyone knows what they've made up this time?

Story

Nada about nada,and nada again,that's about it.It is a rag you know.Got to make some headline up to boost sales,that is all there is to it.

Well, after taking a few days off for a mini-vacation, I come back to a wonderful slew of pictures! Yeah for me!:ROFLMAO:
Most of the women looked very lovely. As for Maxima-I like the color of her dress on her, but I dislike the dress itself. IMO, it made her loook lumpy and bumpy. But she was able to pull it off.
As for Infanta Christina, her dress made her look lumpy and bumpy also. Did not like it at all.
It was nice to see Letizia participating in the festivities for once. Does anyone know if this is the 1st time she has done so since becoming a Princess?
As for the story about Mabel doing something to make Maxima mad? I'm intrigued. Please, someone, anyone, give us the low down on the story?:p

Nada about nada,and nada again,that's about it.It is a rag you know.Got to make some headline up to boost sales,that is all there is to it.

The nada was that Maxima was angry at Mabel for damaging the monarchy with the wikipedia thing and thus overshadowing this birthdayparty too. But the focus was on how Maxima was anoyed by Mabels misteps (this one and those of the past) that damaged the monarchy while Laurentien and Beatrix were more forgiving towards Mabel.

... the things I read while waiting for the train...sigh ;)

Its not Harry Winston but H.Stern
H.Stern

Really I yhought they were glas when I frist saw them, they do not look very refined for the Prize I have to say:ohmy: But I guess very Maxima, flashy and extravagant.

ME TOO! And I used to sell jewelry!:D I really thought they were costume from the House of Natan. Even the way the way the stones are set in the prongs looks costume.
I can not fathom spending almost $20,000 on semi-precious stones when you could find something in costume for under $100.

The nada was that Maxima was angry at Mabel for damaging the monarchy with the wikipedia thing and thus overshadowing this birthdayparty too. But the focus was on how Maxima was anoyed by Mabels misteps (this one and those of the past) that damaged the monarchy while Laurentien and Beatrix were more forgiving towards Mabel.

Oh believe, I did the same thing while in NL... I just couldn't take my eyes off them in Bruna!

So ok, thanks for retrieving the info!

to be honest i am not surprised with this story. i find maxima arrogant. she sems the kind of person who wants everything just like she wishes. that's what i think.

silly

It's a GOSSIPmagazine, the story was fabricated from A to Z!! Esp Story is the worst out there here in H. They never write about true things, they write about things that sell. They dont do real-life, they only do black-and-white.

I read them to in stores while waiting for the train. Mostly I just have to laugh at their stories because they are so obviously wrong, false etc.

Last edited:
It's a GOSSIPmagazine, the story was fabricated from A to Z!! Esp Story is the worst out there here in H. They never write about true things, they write about things that sell. They dont do real-life, they only do black-and-white.

I read them to in stores while waiting for the train. Mostly I just have to laugh at their stories because they are so obviously wrong, false etc.

Story, Prive, Party, Weekend: pure rubbish. I don't think the Princess will mind about Mabel changing things in Wikipedia, its again the press/the media who blows uo everything while almost nobody in The Netherlands seems to care what Mabel does in her spare time.
To me Princess Maxima seems to be anything but arrogant. If she was arrogant, I doubt if she was loved by so many people in The Netherlands (she is the most popular member of the Dutch Royal House). There are few people over here who appreciate others acting all posh.

It was a very sympathetic and beautyful birthaday 's gala. The princely couple with his daughter, a true pleasure to see.

We can regret that for the 40 years old of the prince Felipe of Spain we shalln't a same festivities because it's not spanish traditions, too bad for the Infantitas because it will be so funny to see Leonor in her habitual elegant dress!

Well, I remember that he had a birthyday party attended by young royalty when he became 30. It was on the same date as Queen Beatrix had her 60th birthday party and hence most young royalty was missing in Amsterdam. The party was however completely private.

OH MY GOD,

i don´t know if you know but:

I was today in a shop to buy a magazine. I looked around and i see a magazine with Maxima on the cover with the title "Maxima so happy, pregnant with TWINS"...
The report says, that she told this Willem-Alexander on his 40th..Party and he was so happy about this.

Is this true? Have somebody listen something like that?

ps.: i know i know, my english could be better :)

Last edited:
OH MY GOD,

I was today in a shop to buy a magazine. I looked around and i see a magazine with Maxima on the cover with the title "Maxima so happy, pregnant with TWINS"...
The report says, that she told this Willem-Alexander on his 40th..Party and he was so happy about this.

Is this true? Have somebody listen something like that?

ps.: i know i know, my english could be better :)

I don't think Máxima is pregnant again. She has just delivered Ariane 5 months ago:flowers:

OH MY GOD,

OMG, I thought no magazine could beat the level of rubbishness of Story..but still...apparently one does! Which was the magazine you saw this title on?

OMG, I thought no magazine could beat the level of rubbishness of Story..but still...apparently one does! Which was the magazine you saw this title on?

a german one.... i don´t remember the name...

but i mean, nobody invent something like this just like that... or??

Untill the Dutch RF announces a pregnancy we have to assume that Maxima is not pregnant. Please refrain from more replies about an eventual pregnancy of the Princess unless they come from a very reliable source (the goverment information service).

German tabloids are NOT reliable sources but they invent the most far fetched stories each week. Discussing those stories at TRF is not something we encourage.

Thanks for understanding,

Dutch Forum Moderators

Untill the Dutch RF announces a pregnancy we have to assume that Maxima is not pregnant. Please refrain from more replies about an eventual pregnancy of the Princess unless they come from a very reliable source (the goverment information service).

German tabloids are NOT reliable sources but they invent the most far fetched stories each week. Discussing those stories at TRF is not something we encourage.

Thanks for understanding,

Dutch Forum Moderators

S

Sorry, i didn´t know :angel:

Don't feel bad, Tan. If you tought that Princess Maxima could be pregnant, it's not bad. You only saw her a little rounder than she uses to be and wondered. I do the same with some of my neighbors if I see them fater than usual. :D Of course, I don't stop them to say: "Howdy, sweety! When will you deliver your baby?" :lol: I always waits until I REALLY KNOWS she is pregnant, for I could make a mistake..and if she i simply fater, she will HATE me. :D

Well...No; Princess Maxima is NOT pregnant. And I suppose he will not be pregnant for a while now. Allows her some little time to rest! :ROFLMAO:

But it's nothing bad to wonder about the issue!

Vanesa.

Last edited:
Is the lady in the Indian saree from Jordan? Does anybody know why she is wearing Indian clothes?

That is indeed Princess Sarvath of Jordan, she was born in India (Calcutta) so that would explain the gorgeous sari's...

---

According to point de Vue Maxima's dress is from Natan btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom