Official! Máxima Pregnant Again!!!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news for the family but not the best timing with the Asia tragedy. And the temper tantrum was really childish and unprofessional when she was infact pregnant. You did not see Infanta Cristina do that when the press speculated that she was pregnant....

megknight said:
Part of me agrees with what people are saying about the timing. But speculation has been going so nuts about this lately that I wonder if they even thought they had an option. She REALLY looks pregnant in a lot of pictures, so it is impossible to wait much longer. My thought was maybe they paired it with C-A's birthday because they knew they would already be putting out an annoucment/photos to mark her birthday. This way they only have one announcement instead of two. In which case, that is really nice that they did that.
Weren't the photos of Amalia's birthday delayed already because of the official mourning period for Prince Bernhard?

I think that because Maxima will likely be out and about in the next few weeks whether officially or privately, it would've been hard to conceal the pregnancy much more. Even though it is winter and bulky jackets can hide a fair amount, you can't hide everything. The news had to be announced sooner rather than later.

And while the tragedy in Asia at the time is quite a terrible loss of life, there could always be one reason or another as to why they shouldn't have announced their happy news. Two weeks ago it was that the official mourning period for Prince Bernhard was still ongoing, this week it was the unforseen tragedy in Asia; next week it could be something else terrible (knock on wood not).

Angel S said:
If you would stop for a sec & take into account the situation at hand you'd see that they did the right thing. First off they cancelled the informal press metting to avoid having to talk about it at that moment & simply postponed saying anything for 2 more weeks. Probaby because of the death of the Prince B & also because of the protocol waiting period of 13 weeks. I think they knew they could not hold out more than 2 weeks so they used that time to prepare an announcement. Also they had every right to be upset #1 because it's not very nice to take away a parents joy to announce a pregnancy. #2 because of the 13 week waiting period & #3 because of the mouring period of Prince B.

I mean I'd be angry too if my grandfather died recently & someone announced my pregancy before my 13 week period without my permission while my family was still in mouring! I mean really how would you feel?
I think in some ways Willem and Maxima set themselves up for the news to be spoiled. Didn't they set up the informal press meeting post-Prince Bernhard's death and funeral -- a time when officially they were still in mourning. As I recall, when it was posted here, some members said that the last time Willem and Maxima met unofficially with the press it was to announce Maxima's pregnancy with Amalia, so the expectations were also for a similar announcement this time around.

If they had truly wanted to announce the news themselves directly, they would've waited until this week to set up an informal meeting with the press and to release Amalia's first birthday pictures, to thank the public for their well wishes, cards and gifts for Amalia as well as announcing the pregnancy news.

They tipped their hand with the announcement of the press meeting during the mourning period, only to pull the rug out when the rumours started swirling uncontrollably about a second pregnancy and they couldn't reveal the news themselves. The fact of the matter is that there were always rumours of Maxima (and every other CP) being pregnant whether she really was or not; this time was no different.

The protocol of waiting three months wouldn't have necessarily been met two weeks ago; as it is barely being met now if you figure that Maxima became pregnant sometime in October. If it was October 1 then January 1 would be the three month mark, and if it was any time after October that is even further away from the three month mark.

Larzen said:
And the temper tantrum was really childish and unprofessional when she was infact pregnant.
Would you agree with me, that they might have lost some credibility with the press, and even more with the readership ?

hrhcp said:
Would you agree with me, that they might have lost some credibility with the press, and even more with the readership ?
I think I see your point about the credibility. I think in hindsight their actions seemed a bit childish, like giving a child a toy to play with for a few minutes only to snatch it away just as they were learning what all the bells and whistles were about.

Unlike last time around with Amalia where there was pure, unadultered happy expressions to the news, I am seeing a fair amount of discussion about "hissy fits" and "temper tantrums" by this couple, which is unfortunate as it should be about the joy of this second pregnancy and new arrival.

I think there was a much better way to handle the situation, even considering the official mourning period for Prince Bernhard and the holidays.

Another thought: Why not have let Queen Beatrix announce it during her Christmas speech a few days ago?

Wonderful news! Another baby is a joyful prospect.

I don't blame WA & Maxima for being upset with the press. I certainly wouldn't want the media dictating MY agenda. A pregnancy is a personal thing, no matter how public a life you lead. Imagine being in Maxima's shoes and having to bear the scrutiny. I hope that she is shown some compassion.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I don't see what the big deal is. None of us really know the reasoning behind the timing of the announcement except those involved. It's their lives and they should be able to choose when and where they make the announcement.

What marvelous news! Congratulations to the couple! And, I am sure that Queen Beatrix is thrilled to have another grandchild on the way....

when dues of her baby's born?

Sara Boyce

congrats to the parents and i hope they have a heathly baby boy. how old is their first born?

Julia said:
What marvelous news! Congratulations to the couple! And, I am sure that Queen Beatrix is thrilled to have another grandchild on the way....
and I am sure that Maxima is thrilled too ... so to speak, "an heir and a spare" have then been provided for.

I'm glad about the news, but not surprised. However, I am disappointed over Maxima's "apparent" behavior of throwing a hissy fit because the media stole her thunder over the pregnancy announcement. It looked very immature and very inappropriate.

Yes,it's very nice to hear that.Congrats to W-A,Maxima,Catharina-Amalia,Queen Beatrix,to the Dutch.But have they announced the sex of the baby yet?a boy or a girl?

No, they don't want to know it what it will be. They want it to be an suprise.

article from Hello:

Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and his Argentine-born wife Maxima have more reason than ever to celebrate this holiday season. It was announced on Tuesday that the couple are expecting their second child.

The endearing statement, issued in the name of the couple's first child, one-year-old daughter Princess Catharina-Amalia, stated: "I'm really glad I can say to you all that I will expect a baby brother or sister by mid-July 2005."

The new arrival will be third in line behind her sibling and the Crown Prince.

In recent weeks speculation had beem running high in the Dutch media that Maxima was pregnant, providing a happier note in a difficult year. The Dutch royals mourned the deaths of two beloved members of the family in 2004. Queen Juliana passed away in March at the age of 94, while her husband Bernhard passed away later in the year aged 93.

I think that this second child will be born in june . Like 25-6-05 . It was also with Amalia . They said that the baby would be born in January , but she came a month earlier . And she was perfect healty . This was also done in Belgium . They told that Elisabeth would be born around november 15 , and she came on october 25 . Gabriel was for september , he was born on august 20 . So it wouldn't suprise me if this baby would be born in june ! I think it is a baby girl , but i hope for a boy !

i tell ya its a boy. iam never wrong at these things but i happen to be wrong i'll just have to eat a healthy dose of humble pie. but time will tell if they will have a boy or a girl.
can we play a baby guessing game?

semisquare said:
i tell ya its a boy. iam never wrong at these things but i happen to be wrong i'll just have to eat a healthy dose of humble pie. but time will tell if they will have a boy or a girl.
can we play a baby guessing game?
yes , I love to !!

I think this was the worst kept secret in the Netherlands this year. Congratulations anyhow. A baby is always good.

For a girl I think , Emma or Julia . Something dutch and spanish

For a boy i realy don't now . Maybe somethng with Wilem or Bernard ?

Angel S. said:
First off they cancelled the informal press metting to avoid having to talk about it at that moment & simply postponed saying anything for 2 more weeks. Probaby because of the death of the Prince B & also because of the protocol waiting period of 13 weeks. I think they knew they could not hold out more than 2 weeks so they used that time to prepare an announcement. Also they had every right to be upset #1 because it's not very nice to take away a parents joy to announce a pregnancy. #2 because of the 13 week waiting period & #3 because of the mouring period of Prince B.

I mean I'd be angry too if my grandfather died recently & someone announced my pregancy before my 13 week period without my permission while my family was still in mouring! I mean really how would you feel?
I couldn't say it better, Angel!

And congrats to the couple, along with all the Dutch people! :)

That's wonderful.Congratulations to the couple.

I've been gone the last few days so I missed all the news. :( Congrats to them.

I would have to think there would be more reason than simply being upset that the news had been leaked for them to cancel the press conference. I mean, that is a pretty silly and petty thing to get upset about, especially considering that they would have to let the information out anyway, right? I think there has to be more behind it....but then again, I am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt, so they really could of just had a hissy fit.

Maxima looks alittle more along than thought. Hmmmm! I hope for a girl. But, my guess is a good as the rest I am sure. A boy probably.

If Maxima would carry whatever girl or boy if maxima having carry another girl or boy! since she have first pregnant with her daughter Amalia wait and see when she have found out!

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom