Villa in Greece for Willem-Alexander and Máxima: April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
the volkskrant reports that the prince and princess have bought a new property in Greece.

The property contains 3 houses on 4000 square meters and has a private swimming pool, beach and harbour. It is located close to Doroufi/Portcheli, west of Krandini and close to the isle of Spetses. Acording to the newspaper the couple got to know the area when they attended the wedding of prince Nicholas of Greece in Spetses.

The property has been bought for 4,5 million euros from the German photographer Manfred Rieker (unconfirmed but reported in the Greek press). Sean Connery, Vladimir Putin and some of the Niarchos clan also have houses in the area.

The RVD says that the prime minister has been informed, but they refuse to comment on the matter since it is private.

Willem-Alexander en Máxima kopen villa in Griekenland - Binnenland - VK

A picture of the villa: http://dluximages.photoshelter.com/image/I0000eSWhKjwgoDE

Last edited:
What's not to like. It is lovely.

it's beautiful, looks very cosy. i guess they bought it as they had to sell their african property in mozambique.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's not to like with that sumptuous house and incredible view.

Last edited:
New Villa

Let's face it, wealth and privilege can usually do what they want. Any, why not?? We all have the ability to do the best we can. If we had the financial ability to purchase a fabulous villa and grounds in Greece, or any other place we wanted to.....I'm sure we'd do it. The "Royal Couple" do other good works for those less fortunate. Let's wish Maxima and Willem and their family many happy days in their new 'vacation spot'.

RTL News went to Greece. The villa is quite visible from the main road and it doesn't seem to be too well protected yet. The housekeeper was standing before the gate telling journalists that it was private property. According to the news, the ex-king of Greece also has a house in the area.

Its nice to know that they brought another home after selling the Mozambique property which was a beautiful one as well.

Very smart investment, I assume! People over there sell their properties at very low prices now. Good for them, the kids will love it! :flowers:

Well, that's a brave move... They surely do have money to buy one, so I guess it's a good thing.. Not sure what the locals think about it. Even if I had the money to buy a house in Greece at the moment, I don't think I would. In fact I'd even be a bit iffy to vacation in Greece since I know how my countrymen are hated there these days, sadly. Too bad, I love Greece. :sad: They should consider Turkey too, such a lovely country as well. :)

Last edited:
what do you mean by I know my countrymen are hated there these days?

salonica said:
what do you mean by I know my countrymen are hated there these days?

Well, that's what our news say anyway. I'm not sure how true it actually is. There are some reports saying expats and reporters have had to pretend being Norwegians etc. in Greece to avoid getting in trouble whatever that means. Supposedly it has to do with the EU related loan agreements (which us regular ppl had no say in). This is getting OT so I'll just say that I hope our countries are in good terms! We're all in same trouble here in Europe.

Here in Greece people are angry with their politicians not with people from other countries. We don't blame others for this situation that we are in just ourselves. Greeks are known for their hospitality and that hasn't changed.
Anyway I am realy excited that the crown prince couple choosed my country for their holiday home. I am sure they will feel very welcomed here!!!

salonica said:
Here in Greece people are angry with their politicians not with people from other countries. We don't blame others for this situation that we are in just ourselves. Greeks are known for their hospitality and that hasn't changed.
Anyway I am realy excited that the crown prince couple choosed my country for their holiday home. I am sure they will feel very welcomed here!!!

Agree to all you said. Private persons are all welcome. Politicians are not.

The locals are more then happy with the purchase of the estate by TRH.
Good for the local economy,and the region is used to people with a broader view of life.

I have to agree with Salonica and Lucien here. I visit Greece at least twice a year, the people there are too concerned about their survival and how to find ways to increase their income. Most of them may feel sad, almost depressed, but they certainly don't hate the ordinary people from abroad. They may be enraged by their own politicians and some politicians of the most significant EU countries but this is it. Tourists are warmly welcome by both the people and the professionals, and I do believe that both WA & Maxima have set a great example with their recent purchase. Their message is clear: do not fear to visit Greece and enjoy the beaches, the food and all the hospitality and beauty this country has to offer! I for once am planning a whole month in Crete this summer, and I'm looking forward to it! ;) :flowers:

Prince Willem-Alexander stated this morning that rebuilding/refurbishing work on the Greek villa will start after the summer and he said he hopes the family can start using the villa for holidaying as of next year!He also stated they've been holidaying in Greece for several subsequent years now and they love it there.:)

I am so happy to hear that they love spending their holiday in my country!!! I didn't know that they have been holidaying in Greece for several years.:)

They are spending their holyday in Wassenaar, I think

Magazine 'Weekend' has some new photos of the house of WA and Máxima in greece. It seems that the builders and painters are almost done. A 2nd pool was added to too. I didn't find the new pictures online yet.

Magazine 'Weekend' has some new photos of the house of WA and Máxima in greece. It seems that the builders and painters are almost done. A 2nd pool was added to too. I didn't find the new pictures online yet.

And this article writes also, that they can't use the beach privat:
Weekend
Google Fordító

I wonder if the King,Queen and daughters will holiday in Greece this year?

Are they on holiday in Greece now?

That is what was said by a dutch royalty journalist on RTL. But the RVD didn't confirm this (they usually don't).

When WA, Maxima and the girls travel do they all go on the same plane or do they split up into 2 different flights?

I really am not sure about the arrangements for the new king and queen but didn't WA and Maxima fly on the same plane as Beatrix when she was Queen? That would suggest to me that they don't regularly fly separately in the same way the British and Danish Royals do.

Back
Top Bottom