New Property in Argentina for Willem-Alexander & Máxima: November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
From our blog:

New Property in Argentina for Willem-Alexander and Máxima

According to political magazine ‘Elsevier‘, the prince of Orange and his wife have bought a new property in Argentina. The couple bought two acres of land on a villa park in the area of Patagonia in Argentina.

Last week the prince and princess announced that they intend to sell the property that they are building on the Machangulo peninsula in Mozambique after it is completed. the project has met with a lot of criticism in the Netherlands and the prince confessed that he had ’sleepless nights’ about the project. But they won’t be left empty handed.
Earlier this year the couple bought two acres of land of the villa park Muelle de Piedra, next to a lake in the ski resort Villa La Angostura. According to Elsevier, documents from the province of Neuquén confirms that the land is registered under the name Máxima Zorreguita.

Karin Howie of the real estate agency FB Propiedades says that the property is located next to the Nahuel Huapi lake. She also says: ‘I looked at the property several times with Máxima and her husband. They day that they decided to buy it, it was pooring with rain, but they were in love with the view. Howie does not want to say how much money was oinvolved, but according to the Argentinian press it costed 2,5 million US dollar.
It is not clear what the prince and princess will do with the land. Ski resort Bariloche is only 80 km. away, they rented a villa there this summer holidays. Last year the couple already bought a property of 1.500 acres in the same region. But apparently this was an investment by the couple and the Zorreguieta family. That Estancia Pilpilcura will open it’s doors soon for regular guests.

-------------------

Not a very wise move if this is true btw. They haven't even sold one property and are buying another one, while the last months they already got the reputation of being spoiled, overpaid and always on holiday (not completely fair, but sdadly that is what many think now). Undoubtably a lot of people will write angry & jealous letters to newspapers/on websites, about how the poor dutch taxpayer is suffering and the royals just seem to spend, spend, spend.

Last edited:
According to royalblog this is old news, it has been published by GDP papers before and it was already mentioned in the book by the Argentinian journalists. Still it is making headlines, which are approaching the rediculous. Volkskrant mentions that in the area a golf course is constructed, to the dismay of environmentalists, how this relates to WA and Máxima they don't mention.... sigh.

I don't understand why people would be upset, isn't the Prince a very wealthy man in his own right? The tax money is more for upkeep, security and a salary? I really don't know, so I don't mean to offend anyone.

I don't understand why people would be upset, isn't the Prince a very wealthy man in his own right? The tax money is more for upkeep, security and a salary? I really don't know, so I don't mean to offend anyone.
I quite agree. I am sure that he has money from inheritances, gifts, etc., in his own personal accounts that have absolutely nothing to do with his royal rank. He should certainly be permitted to spend this money anyway he likes without anyone having to even question it. This money is no one's business but his. I would have to think that he is smart enough to spend only that personal fortune on his own personal summer home. Now if it was some government get-a-way, that is a different story.

Well, I suppose it has to do with the frugal reputation of the Dutch. Due to our Calvinistic roots the RF was never able to spend as much as in other countries. Palace Noordeinde for example was designed to have a small facade so it would not look too impressive and 'royal' (and cause criticism). But for now I think the main reason of criticism is just jealousy.

If Prince Willelm is acquiring this property with his own money, I don´t see why not. I agree with Marengo, it could be just plain old jealousy.

I agree its envy and jealousy thaqt is at the root of the criticism of the Prince and Princess of Orange. The other property caused such a stink, I hope this one will not follow the same path. We shall see...

A clip from the NOS, with video footage of the Muelle del Piedra, the town of Angostura and of Tinto Bistro, the bistro of Máxima's brother Martin. The reporter calls the village 'farmer chique':

NOS Nieuws - Prins bouwt voorlopig niet in Argentinie (2009)

No building plans here yet btw, and it is probably a private investment. The area is named Argentinian Switzerland.

It is really disgusting how much money these people have. Their salaries should be cut, their only duty is to be a representative of their country. Not a big deal. They have plenty of money to buy proprties around the world. And then they do charity of course.

All this news is not true. Willem-Alexander have told that it is a rumour and not true.

All this news is not true. Willem-Alexander have told that it is a rumour and not true.

True or not true,it is nobodies business.At all.It is strictly private.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is really disgusting how much money these people have. Their salaries should be cut, their only duty is to be a representative of their country. Not a big deal. They have plenty of money to buy proprties around the world. And then they do charity of course.

I think it's wonderfull how much money they have......It is theirs,and theirs to do with as they please if they so desire and please.
We can not possibly all have the same now can we...tata..

I think it's wonderfull how much money they have......It is theirs,and theirs to do with as they please if they so desire and please.
We can not possibly all have the same now can we...tata..

No. it is yours. :) But if you are happy to pay their holidays, it´s up to you. I would never live in a monarchist country. I don´t like my money to be wasted.

No. it is yours. :) But if you are happy to pay their holidays, it´s up to you. I would never live in a monarchist country. I don´t like my money to be wasted.

your argument is very arguable. whether in a monarchy or not, all heads of state are paid with "our" money and you are paying the holidays of your respective head of state. in certain countries, south america or africa in particular, corruption is an everyday thing. at least monarchy is always very open about what they receive as a reward of doing their job. their job is clear and some get benefits from it. corruption is, sadly, hidden under oratory and demagogy.

your argument is very arguable. whether in a monarchy or not, all heads of state are paid with "our" money and you are paying the holidays of your respective head of state. in certain countries, south america or africa in particular, corruption is an everyday thing. at least monarchy is always very open about what they receive as a reward of doing their job. their job is clear and some get benefits from it. corruption is, sadly, hidden under oratory and demagogy that makes the people happy, particularly for those who have nothing to waste.

But isn't WA's personal fortunes acquired through centuries because of his family?

But isn't WA's personal fortunes acquired through centuries because of his family?

Exactly 4Pam.That is true,and,and private holidays are payed for by the RF themselves.
Also,the family is very keen,and very good,at saving money too,no pounds foolish and pennywise-isms there.
So,pay no attention to those who rather pay for the "grab it while we can" botox queens of this world,querido Christina:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
So,pay no attention to those who rather pay for the "grab it while we can" botox queens of this world,querido Christina:ROFLMAO:

We still have the choice to send them home when they finish their goverment, and even take them to justice.

And do not tell me how they made their fortunes, I´m well aware. You wouldn´t want to read it here. I have to speak of colonozation ans other evils.

We still have the choice to send them home when they finish their goverment, and even take them to justice.

And do not tell me how they made their fortunes, I´m well aware. You wouldn´t want to read it here. I have to speak of colonozation ans other evils.

I don't think Luciens comment was directed at you, she was replying in conjunction to 4pams question. She has the right to answer TRF members questions, and she was letting other memvers know aswell.

We wouldn't want to read what here?

I don't think Luciens comment was directed at you, she was replying in conjunction to 4pams question.
QUOTE]

It was directed to me. You just didn´t get it, since you probably don´t know who Cristina is.
Honestly, I´m done with this topic. I have my reservations as regards monarchies and their wealth, but this is not the place to discuss it. Maxima ans WA may buy any property they want. It´s the Dutch people who they have to account for.

They need to relax, I'm pretty sure however that during their short holidays in M's lovely country, they will still be working, helping the poors.This also applies to the message on the purchase of the ranch with 1,500 acres of land which the royal couple bought this year in Patagonia.

I think this is a better idea than the Mozambique house.
They go to Argentina anyway because of the family visits.

Back
Top Bottom