Names for Willem-Alexander and Maxima's 3rd child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has such great ideas. I think we're going to be really suprised by the name, if its a girl. If its a boy, I think it will be a very traditional Dutch royal family name.

Beatrix or Arietta or Mariana

Alfred or George or Emmanuel

Gloriana said:
I'm sure that a boy will have Claus as one of his names.:)

Of course, Gloriana! Well, at least this is good for us, Prince Claus fans!:lol:

Vanesa.

I just thought about Sophia, as they seem to like the "ia" names. But it is probably impossible to guess, although I thought about Alexandra before Alexia's birth (though never Alexia :) ).

What about Annaliese or Anneka? Aurelia Aurora

lilytornado said:
I just thought about Sophia, as they seem to like the "ia" names.

Sophia's a great one. I supposed many -ia's would do, there's Saskia, a typical archaic Dutch name, very nice in my opinion. As long as they don't choose "Alicia"! :rolleyes: I mean, poor Beatrix, first Alexia, than Alicia? Hope not! :wacko:

lilytornado said:
But it is probably impossible to guess, although I thought about Alexandra before Alexia's birth (though never Alexia :) ).
Yes as some others have said also, they'll probably surprise us.

Since we know its a girl, any last minute predictions? I hope its something like Adelaide Wilhelmina Christina Irene.

I'm guessing it will be an "A" name. I've been looking in the Dutch royal family geneology and these are the "A" names that aren't already being used or are suggested names.

• Adelheid
  • Anna
  • Augustina
  • Agnes
  • Antonia
I'm hoping they'll go with Antonia or Anna. I know that Maurits and Marilene's daughter is called Anna, but her real name is Anastasia.

I looked around for names of DRF's in the past and tried combining some of them with names from Maxima's family. I'm pretty bad at this and should try having my sister take a crack at it. So I came up with:

Princess Maria Christina Emma Johana...I figure either Maria or Marie since Maria is on Maxima's side and Marie showed up a few times for the Dutch Royal Family (and it's my middle name so I am biased), as did Christina and Emma. I personally like Johana as a name and I'm pretty sure that I remember Johan (as a male) being a name within Dutch royal history, besides Johan Friso of course.

I also wouldn't mind a Princess Colleen but I don't think that will happen ; )

What about:
Antonia - starts with an "A" and ends with "ia" like her older sisters.
Bernardette - for the late Prince Bernhard,
and/or
Wilhemina - late Queen of the Netherlands.

Plus a name from Maxima's side and another from one of the godparents.

I kinda like the sound of: Princess Antonia Bernardette Wilhemina of the Netherlands.:flowers:

What do you think??

Albertine-Agnes or Sophia-Hedwig

I would like the Prince and Princess to choose again from an old Orange-Nassau name:

Albertine-Agnes Princess of Nassau-Diez born Princess of Nassau (Orange) (1634-1696) who is the direct ancestor to the present royal bloodline.

Sophia-Hedwig Princess of Nassau born Duchess of Braunschweig-Wolffenbüttel, spouse of Ernst-Casimir of Nassau-Diez (1583-?)

:flowers:

I like the royal sound in both names:

Her Royal Highness Princess Albertine-Agnes of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau

Her Royal Highness Princess Sophia-Hedwig of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau

Why did they call their first daughters Alexia and Catharina-Amalia?

Antonia is a perfect name. It matches the theme they've set up for their other 2 daughters.

MissSaga said:

Catharina-Amalia is after some dutch royal ladies, can't remember whom though, and Alexia is after Willem-Alexander:flowers:

MissSaga said:

Catharina-Amalia are names which can be found several times in the dynasty.

Alexia was Princess Máxima's express wish to honour her beloved spouse, who is called 'Alexander' in private.
This caused confusion because the media immediately made a link to Alexia Lejeune-Grinda, the illegitimate child by Prince Bernhard, born in the same year as Prince Willem-Alexander. And 'Alexandra' lies more at hand. Anyway, everybody is used to 'Alexia' now.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Alexia was Princess Máxima's express wish to honour her beloved spouse, who is called 'Alexander' in private.

I love the idea that they would name their daughter after her daddy. They are such a loving couple:wub: it's beautiful to see.

Henri M. said:

A little off topic, but is this similar to the way they named Amalia? Calling her Catharina-Amalia, but referring to her almost exclusively by Amalia? Although when we talk about the Prince of Orange, usually it's Willem-Alexander or WA, but in the family, does he go by both those names, or just Alexander?

morhange said:
A little off topic, but is this similar to the way they named Amalia? Calling her Catharina-Amalia, but referring to her almost exclusively by Amalia? Although when we talk about the Prince of Orange, usually it's Willem-Alexander or WA, but in the family, does he go by both those names, or just Alexander?

Beatrix = Trix

Willem-Alexander = Alexander

Catharina-Amalia = Amalia or Ama

Johan Friso = Friso

Constantijn = Tijn

Claus-Casimir = Clausimir

I am hoping for a Louise-Henriette, after the Kurfuerstin of Brandenburg (daughter of Pss Amalia) but I do not expect anything to heavy. So no Albertine-Agnes, Sophia-Hedwig or Carolina-Mathilde either.

I am rooting for a traditional name though, so maybe a Helena, Marianne, Pauline, Sophie etc. but there are no obvious choises IMHO. I think they will not stick to the A-theme (which oficially does not exist as it is Catharina-Amalia).

My guess

Hmm, I am not sure wether the name must start with an A. Amalia was simply a name they liked and Alexia was named after her father.

Following the A-pattern I would vote for the first name Adelheid or Adelaida or something like that. It is a name starting with A and referring to an ancestor, Countess Adelheid von Castell-Castell. Antonia or Antoinette is my second choice, after Antoinette von Reden (1716-1797).

Not following the A-pattern I would vote for Emma, after Queen Emma. My second choice would be Pauline, after Princess Pauline von Württemberg (1810-1856).

MeEireannach said:
Princess Maria Christina Emma Johana...I figure either Maria or Marie since Maria is on Maxima's side and Marie showed up a few times for the Dutch Royal Family (and it's my middle name so I am biased), as did Christina and Emma. I personally like Johana as a name and I'm pretty sure that I remember Johan (as a male) being a name within Dutch royal history, besides Johan Friso of course.

I)

I think it will be a name with an A, but I love your idea. Maria Cristina sounds lovely! :flowers:

Im hoping for Aurelia but as far as i am aware it does not have a royal history

What about

Bernardette Maxima Ines Loretta

Last edited:
princess leonor said:
I think it will be a name with an A, but I love your idea. Maria Cristina sounds lovely! :flowers:

Thanks princess leonor! It does roll off the tongue when you say it and sounds like a little princesses name. But I wouldn't mind them naming the baby after Maxima, like Alexia is after WA.

I hope Adelaide or Anna....it will be great a new A-Name...don't you think?

The mystery will be revealed on Friday - that's when the Prince is going to register the new baby in the Town Hall in The Hague, according to the news. :)

I know that they will reveal the name on Friday but here is my two cents....

Alina Beatrix Juliana Irene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom