Names for Willem-Alexander and Maxima's 3rd child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sister Morphine said:
Whoever suggested Josephine, I think that's a gorgeous choice.
Just LOVE the name Josephine, but in the names department, I wouldn't vouch for Maxima's taste, so my bet is she wouldn't go for something as European classy as 'Josephine' hope she proves us wrong...

(I mean, what was with picking Alexia??? Of all names, you pick the name of your mother-in-law's illegitimate half sister? The name 'Alexia' itself isn't the best choice anyway I think, although a nice name, it conjures up 'Russian exotic dancer' more than 'Dutch princess', to me, at least. Just my opinion, I am sure there are a lot of Alexia's in this world for whom the name is a perfect fit!

If they want the silly -ia thingy, why not go for an ultra Dutch name like Saskia for example. Note to Maxima: you may be latin, but you are princess of the Netherlands, my dear! No 'Alexia's' this time please! :lol::rolleyes:

soCal girl said:
I think Aurelia is quite nice if they want to continue with the A-ia names. It sounds whimiscal and magical to me for some reason. Juliana would be a nice middle name but I don't think they would use it as a first name. I love how most aren't giving boy names much consideration, including me. Hopefully our intuition is right!
Aurelia would be nice but I've kind of had it with the A-ia silliness.

Last edited:
princess olga said:
Just LOVE the name Josephine, but in the names department, I wouldn't vouch for Maxima's taste, so my bet is she wouldn't go for something as European classy as 'Josephine' hope she proves us wrong...

(I mean, what was with picking Alexia??? Of all names, you pick the name of your mother-in-law's illegitimate half sister? The name 'Alexia' itself isn't the best choice anyway I think, although a nice name, it conjures up 'Russian exotic dancer' more than 'Dutch princess', to me, at least. Just my opinion, I am sure there are a lot of Alexia's in this world for whom the name is a perfect fit!

If they want the silly -ia thingy, why not go for an ultra Dutch name like Saskia for example. Note to Maxima: you may be latin, but you are princess of the Netherlands, my dear! No 'Alexia's' this time please! :lol::rolleyes:

Alexia was actually in honor of her father, Willem-Alexander. I don't think she had her mother-in-law's illegitimate sibling in mind.

Sister Morphine said:
Alexia was actually in honor of her father, Willem-Alexander. I don't think she had her mother-in-law's illegitimate sibling in mind.

I know that, but it's still an unfortunate choice. If they'd want to 'honor' Alexander, they could have gone with a slew of names beyond 'Alexia'. Think of Wilhelmina, Mina, Hella, Willemijn, Alexandra, Xandra, etc. etc. But no, it <had> to be Alexia. I'm sure Beatrix, privately, was amused. Not!:lol:

princess olga said:

I love the name Josephine too. I think it would be a great name for a princess.

If they're going to continue with names starting with A I like Adela.

carlota said:
if it's a boy i'm most certain the name claus will be there :)

I do think alike, Carlota.

I just hope that they don't call him Pluk... very peculiar Dutch name! :ohmy:

Verde Esmeralda said:

I don´t hope so...
Does anyone have more ideas for boys' names? i think we focused on girls' names.
Do you think they will go traditional or unexpected?

Verde Esmeralda said:

'Pluk' is the name of a well-known (in the Netherlands) fictional character named 'Pluk van de Petteflet', with 'Petteflat' being the name of the building this character lives in with his pet, a cocroach named Zaza.

I'm Dutch and besides the above-mentioned Pluk, I've never ever met anyone there with that name so I doubt the Princes of Orange or whatever their official title is, would pick this (although modern-day parents and baby names...one never knows what idiotic names they might pick..there aren't always the wisest choices out there, myoh my..:ermm: Hopefully Maxima won't be influenced by the "let's give the baby the most out-there name or else" trend! No "Pilot Inspektor" or "Ninette" here please! :lol:

Ah you know what actually?

I'm thinking if they want to be clever with an eye to the future and the importance of networking etc., they should name their third daughter:

Silvia Mary
or
Elena Marit.

And if it's a boy, he really should be:

Kofi Victor Filip Charles Claudius

for example!

lilytornado said:
I don´t hope so...
Does anyone have more ideas for boys' names?

Wim
Adriaan
Kees (Pronounced: 'Case')
Floris
Aart
Maarten
Tjaard
Gerard
Wouter
Reindert
Jos
Hans
Piet
Klaas

Ah..Dutch names, love em!:flowers:

princess olga said:
Wim
Adriaan
Kees (Pronounced: 'Case')
Floris
Aart
Maarten
Tjaard
Gerard
Wouter
Reindert
Jos
Hans
Piet
Klaas

Ah..Dutch names, love em!:flowers:

If its a boy, my choices still are Máximo or Maximillian.. :rolleyes:
Alexia is for Willem-Alexnader's name, and now its Maxima's turn:ROFLMAO:

I agree, it is Maxima's turn now, though a name like that would be rather horrible. Maybe they could make it a Willem-Maximiliaan?

princess olga said:
'Pluk' is the name of a well-known (in the Netherlands) fictional character named 'Pluk van de Petteflet', with 'Petteflat' being the name of the building this character lives in with his pet, a cocroach named Zaza.

I'm Dutch and besides the above-mentioned Pluk, I've never ever met anyone there with that name so I doubt the Princes of Orange or whatever their official title is, would pick this (although modern-day parents and baby names...one never knows what idiotic names they might pick..there aren't always the wisest choices out there, myoh my..:ermm: Hopefully Maxima won't be influenced by the "let's give the baby the most out-there name or else" trend! No "Pilot Inspektor" or "Ninette" here please! :lol:

Hahaha ur right Princess Olga, I read it from that book during my Dutch lessons... and when I asked, I was told it was a very, very rare name, but still it existed... :lol:

Willem-Maximiliaan...not that bad... but I doubt whether Willem would be the first name...

How about Claus-Maximiliaan?

Her_Majesty said:
Yes I think so, too. It seems that's Dutch Tradition. :lol:
Juliana only had girls, Beatrix only had boys... and Máxima: only girls? :rolleyes:

Nice statistic...and i'm sure Máxima won't break the tradition :rolleyes:

I hope she has a boy, but I have a felling that it will be another girl. I hope that somehow Sophie, or Emma is in the name

I guess a nice name for a baby girl should be Wihelmina, just to honour Queen Beatrix Grand Mother...If it is a boy, I should like Willemjn, as it was already suggested here. Yes...I think that it would be very good to honour Queen Wihelmina.

Vanesa.

Well, Wilhelmina sounds terribly old-fashioned, so I do not think they wll use that in a first name, but maybe s one of the chother names.

I agree with you that it is a pity they did not use ´Wilhelmina' before. Catharina-Amalia will be the first head of the fmily that does not have a reference to William of Orange in her name.

Princess Maxima said:
If its a boy, my choices still are Máximo or Maximillian.. :rolleyes:
Alexia is for Willem-Alexnader's name, and now its Maxima's turn:ROFLMAO:

Wouldn't it be nice if she has a boy and to name it Maximilian. Very cool!:rolleyes: But for some strange reason I have a feeling she's carrying another girl. And if it's a girl I'm not sure what would be a good name. Maybe they can still do something with Maxima's name.

Is there any type of protocol that needs to be followed for the baby's name? Just curious!

Princess Maxima said:
Maxime, Maximiliana ...:stuart:

Or maybe Maxine. Actually I think I'm way off. I think Maxima and W-A have really kept things interesting when it comes to naming their children. Which is great I like that they don't take the traditional route. Catherina is a great royal name but wasn't known to be a name in the Dutch royal family until now of course and Alexia was a bit of a surprise as well.

I don't think if they name the baby Wilhelmina, they would call it Mina for short since in Argentina "mina" is the slang for woman...ugly

Princess Emma said:
I don't think if they name the baby Wilhelmina, they would call it Mina for short since in Argentina "mina" is the slang for woman...ugly

That's correct, Princess Emma...where did you learn our slang? ;)

However, I serioulsy doubt whether they would actually take that detail into account when naming the new princess - if she happened to be a girl.

I also think she wouldn't be named Wilhelmina, but somehow else...some less-relevant name. After all, she would be the third... but thinking about it from another point of view, it wouldn't have been too wise to name their first daughter Wilhelmina or Juliana (as first names, that is), being the Heiress to the throne... wouldn't be original to have another Queen name W or J after less than a century!

Princess Emma said:
Well...I didn't know about that:ermm:

Why not Juliana as a first name if it's a girl? Just because it's one of her sister's names shouldn't preclude her from using it herself.

Sister Morphine said:
Why not Juliana as a first name if it's a girl? Just because it's one of her sister's names shouldn't preclude her from using it herself.

Juliana is also the name of one of Willem-Alexander's cousin, Juliana Guillermo. So I think the chances of that name being chosen is very silm. I am all for Princess Emma but I think if its a girl they will stick with an "A" name. Not sure for a boy.

Wouldn't it be nice if the baby were born on Willem-Alexander's 40th birthday?

LaPlusBelle said:
Wouldn't it be nice if the baby were born on Willem-Alexander's 40th birthday?
Yes, that would have been the best present:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom