Names for Willem-Alexander and Maxima's 3rd child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like Josephine for a girl...
And what about Carl for a boy?

Prince Henry Willem Fredrick
Prince Alexander Juan Casimir

Princess Aurelia Maxima
Princess Aurora Mabel

Oh no, I don't hope they would name their daughter after Mabel. Surely the future king and queen won't name their daughter after someone who has lied to the entire country ? I don't think it would be right

princess leonor said:
Oh no, I don't hope they would name their daughter after Mabel. Surely the future king and queen won't name their daughter after someone who has lied to the entire country ? I don't think it would be right

Why shouldn't they? Maybe they love Mabel to bits and want to name the child after her or make her a godmother. I'm no fan of her too, but I think it's up to W-A and Max to decide how they want to name their child. :flowers:

princess leonor said:
Oh no, I don't hope they would name their daughter after Mabel.
Why not? WA seems to be quite close with all his brothers and so I think they have a good relationship with Mabel, too.
I can imagine that they'll chose Mabel as second or third name. I don't think they'll take it as the first name.

I would like the names Juliana (after Queen Juliana), Christina (after Christina von Amsberg) or maybe Gosta like Prince Claus' mother ;) ?
For a boy: Willem (after his Dad) , Christiaan or maybe Bernhard.

Last edited:
crm2317 said:
Prince Henry Willem Fredrick
Prince Alexander Juan Casimir

Princess Aurelia Maxima
Princess Aurora Mabel
Aurelia seems to me an excellent guess. It fits right into their preference for A-names and -ia endings. (Amelia and Alexia)
As for a boy, (I don't really count on a boy;) ) I don't think they would go for Alexander, since they already used a female version of it. Anyway, I never particularly liked the "junior"s. WA is called Alex or Alexander in his family and to name his son the same, IMO just calls for confusion.
Same btw with Casimir, the little cousin of the child has this name already.
Another girls name I could imagine fitting the scheme would be Allegra

:flowers: I only suggested Mabel as one of the middle names because the family seems so close and Laurentien had Alexia partly named after her.

Alexander-Bernhard Maximillian Georg Frederik

lilytornado said:
I would also like Josephine for a girl...
And what about Carl for a boy?
Josephine's a lovely name, doubt they'll go for it, after all, they went earlier for the imo unbelievably ill-adviced choice of Alexia, the same name as Beatrix's illegitimate half-sister! :bang:

Last edited:
I thought they had named Alexia after her father:flowers:

princess olga said:
Josephine's a lovely name, doubt they'll go for it, after all, they went earlier for the imo unbelievably ill-adviced choice of Alexia, the same name as Beatrix's illegitimate half-sister! :bang:

Yes, all we need now is an Alicia. How totally and utterly dumb. :ermm:
I think I love Aurelia, that's a really good suggestion if they want to stick to this stupid A-ia thing...

Well oficially it is Catharina-Amalia, so not a A..ia name. So let's hope for a different kind of name for the next child.

Marengo said:
Well oficially it is Catharina-Amalia, so not a A..ia name. So let's hope for a different kind of name for the next child.

Yes, strictly spoken that's true. A Juliana would be nice, but I think that's just too easy for them to come up with. Actually I'm quite curious how creative they will get this time. :lol:

Marengo said:
Alicia
Alia
Adelia
Adria
Amilia...

:lol:

My personal favourite would be Louise-Henriette, it brings back memories of the old Stadholders. But I would be equally happy with a Sophia-Hedwig or Carolina-Mathilde ;)

But I don' t think they will go for a hyphenated name and they will probably chose a name which is simular in Dutch and Spanish.

Magnik, your name choises are scary, especially Princess Adria ;)

And to Maxie: I would love a little Juliana to but they already usd that one for Alexia, so I assume they won't use it again.
-
Funny how most of us only talk about girl-names.

Maxie said:
Yes, all we need now is an Alicia. How totally and utterly dumb. :ermm:
I think I love Aurelia, that's a really good suggestion if they want to stick to this stupid A-ia thing...
Aurelia would be a good choice, I agree, if they stick with the a-ia thing, which I hope they won't!

magnik said:
Alicia
Alia
Adelia
Adria
Amilia...

:lol:
Alicia, LOL! :ROFLMAO:
(it's a great name, don't get me wrong, but my gosh if they'd choose that one, poor queen Juliana'd be spinning in her grave)

Marengo said:
My personal favourite would be Louise-Henriette, it brings back memories of the old Stadholders. But I would be equally happy with a Sophia-Hedwig or Carolina-Mathilde ;)
Love all these! But Maxima seems to be allergic to any girls name NOT ending on -ia. Does her husband have a say in this whole thing, one wonders!:rolleyes:

-
Marengo said:
Funny how most of us only talk about girl-names.
Allright, here goes:

Maurits
Friso
Tijn
Walram (ha! dug this one up from their family tree, it's the guy who basically started the clan back in the pre-middle ages)

princess olga said:
Maurits
Friso
Tijn
Walram (ha! dug this one up from their family tree, it's the guy who basically started the clan back in the pre-middle ages)

Nice choices,
But as Marengo said before, I think they'll choose a name that is simular in Dutch and Spanish.;)

I think Aurelia is quite nice if they want to continue with the A-ia names. It sounds whimiscal and magical to me for some reason. Juliana would be a nice middle name but I don't think they would use it as a first name. I love how most aren't giving boy names much consideration, including me. Hopefully our intuition is right!

Princess Carolina Ines Wilhelmina Sophia
Prince Frederick Georg Willem Claus

Last edited:
When will we find out if it's a boy or a girl?

I think it will be another girl!

Yes I think so, too. It seems that's Dutch Tradition. :lol:
Juliana only had girls, Beatrix only had boys... and Máxima: only girls? :rolleyes:

What about Antonia?
Fits also into the A-ia thingy, and as well as Aurelia (my first choice:rolleyes: ) could be used as a boys name too.
How about very classic Marc Anthony or Marc Aurel?
Or not so roman :)cool: ) Julian/Julius Aurel or Anthony? (after Queen Juliana)
If I am not mistaken both names can be pronounced quite easily in spanish as well as in dutch and in english too.

Whoever suggested Josephine, I think that's a gorgeous choice.

Ildikó said:
Girl: Alicia - Sophia

Boy: Alexander

I also think that [being a girl, as i think the baby will turn out to be] the baby will have a simple (first) name, as Sophia or Anna. Katlijn is also a nice, elegant, not so long, name for a princess. :flowers:

No clue about the other 3 or 4 names that will follow that one... :rolleyes:

I like the name Klara for a girl, although that's not particulary spanish.
I also like the names that starts with A. Aurora, Aurelia and Antonia for example. It would be fun if they continued the tradition and continued naming their babies with names that started.

If it would be a boy I like the names Alexander, Jakob or Arjan.

if it's a boy i'm most certain the name claus will be there :)

for a girl i like:

ADHELEID
AGNES
ANNA
HENRIKA
DOROTHEA
HILDA
KATRINA
RENATE
THEODORA

for a boy:

CASPAR