Names for Willem-Alexander and Maxima's 3rd child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn´t have to start with A, the first one is Catharina-Amalia.I think they will choose a regal name, they will look up in the genealogy tree. One of the middle names could be Ines for Maxima´s sister. Her stepsisters are Maria, Dolores and Angeles.

Well, how about :

Princess Emanuelle-Antonia Christina Frederica

For a boy, I definately think that Claus will be in his name somewhere, be it his first name or one of his middle names

For a girl, I don't know, I just hope they don't choose something that is totally ridiculous or something that would be too severe for a little girl to grow up with

My pics

I like Arabella or Isabella for a girl. For a boy....I was thinking Bernard...but since there is currently a Bernhard in the royal house..I am going to go for Wilem something.

What about Alexandra for a girl? It starts with an A... But if it's a boy, how about Aaron (maybe??) or Adrion.

I do not think that Alexandra will be chosen, as they chose Alexia, a version/derivitive of Alexandra, for one of their children already. But I love the name, personally.

Last edited:
If it's a boy, than I wish that in honor of Hergé and because the latest cousin has Milou in her names, the future prince should have Tintin in his. Tintin, not Haddock.

Avalon said:
If it's a girl, they might call her Margarita (at least I think so),

Avalon, you're kidding right? Margarita, WA's cousin, after all was dis-invited personally by Willem Alexander to his own wedding, he wrote her that he felt it wasn't "opportuun"--a word he misspelled-- if she came to the wedding, what with the falling out the family had over Edwin de Roy van Zuidewijn, Margarita's weirdo of a husband at the time. So why would he honor her now with naming one of his kids, who will be one of the 'spares' for the Dutch throne, after this cousin? Even if she's been welcomed back into the fold?

Avalon said:
unless they carry on with the tradition of naming their daughters a name, starting with A (Amalia, Alexia). :rolleyes: :) ;)
I sense Maxima putting her foot down when it comes to naming the kids. Amalia is a good choice in my opinion: it's original, well-sounding, not to mention a name with historic significance for the DRF.
Alexia was the wrong choice of name in my opinion. It is a nice name enough in itself, but frankly more for, forgive me for saying this, a stripper of exotic origins than a female who may one day, depending on things, sit on the venerable Dutch throne. Worse perhaps, on top of this, it was the name of one of Beatrix's father's kids squired out of royal wedlock! What a choice!

If it were me, I'd choose some real Dutch names for a girl, like Nienke or Sietske, those are real old Dutch names and beautiful, iconic even. Why go with names that sound so, well, Latin? Sure, Maxima's latin, but let's not forget the position and role these folks are in: they're representing the Dutch throne. it would make sense if their names reflected that. The name Amalia does. Alexia doesn't. I'm not holding my breath that the next name will make sense, but we'll see.

for a girl, I really liked the name Arabella. Maybe Arabella Juliana Beatrix? I also like the name Flora Margriet Juliana Beatrix.

for a boy: Henrik Georg Willem Claus, Alexander Frederik Claus Willem or Nicolaas Karel Willem Hendrik, some sort of combination of any of those names would be nice.

There already is a Milou in the royal family

Princess BellyFlop said:
If it's a boy, than I wish that in honor of Hergé and because the latest cousin has Milou in her names, the future prince should have Tintin in his. Tintin, not Haddock.

The second child of Prince Friso (second son of Queen Beatrix) and Princess Mabel is:

The highborn lady Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou Countess van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Isn't Milou short for Marie Louise? Wikipedia's explanation of her name says:
Milou refers to Princess Marie Louise of Hesse-Kassel (1688-1765), the wife of Johan Willem Friso, Prince of Orange, the stadholder of Friesland.

So I don't think it's a Hergé reference :)

princess olga said:
Avalon, you're kidding right? Margarita, WA's cousin, after all was dis-invited personally by Willem Alexander to his own wedding, he wrote her that he felt it wasn't "opportuun"--a word he misspelled-- if she came to the wedding, what with the falling out the family had over Edwin de Roy van Zuidewijn, Margarita's weirdo of a husband at the time. So why would he honor her now with naming one of his kids, who will be one of the 'spares' for the Dutch throne, after this cousin? Even if she's been welcomed back into the fold?

I sense Maxima putting her foot down when it comes to naming the kids. Amalia is a good choice in my opinion: it's original, well-sounding, not to mention a name with historic significance for the DRF.
Alexia was the wrong choice of name in my opinion. It is a nice name enough in itself, but frankly more for, forgive me for saying this, a stripper of exotic origins than a female who may one day, depending on things, sit on the venerable Dutch throne. Worse perhaps, on top of this, it was the name of one of Beatrix's father's kids squired out of royal wedlock! What a choice!

If it were me, I'd choose some real Dutch names for a girl, like Nienke or Sietske, those are real old Dutch names and beautiful, iconic even. Why go with names that sound so, well, Latin? Sure, Maxima's latin, but let's not forget the position and role these folks are in: they're representing the Dutch throne. it would make sense if their names reflected that. The name Amalia does. Alexia doesn't. I'm not holding my breath that the next name will make sense, but we'll see.

Sietske? Princess Sietske?? For those of you who do not speak dutch, that would be pronounced seatskuh.

Sorry, much as it is a very dutch name, I just can not like it for a Princess.

Empress said:
Sietske? Princess Sietske?? For those of you who do not speak dutch, that would be pronounced seatskuh.

Sorry, much as it is a very dutch name, I just can not like it for a Princess.

Me neither. Apart from that, the name is Frisian, not dutch.

-

back to Milou: I doubt it if it was actually named after Princess Marie-Louise. Marie-Louise of Hessen-Kassel was never known as Milou but as Marijke (Meu). Milou is short for Marie-Louise in some cases though, so my guess is that a friend of the couple has the name Milou and they decided to put it in the baptism name of little Zaria. Though Friso could be a die-hard tintin-fan of course...

Marengo said:

-quote]

Quite right. Very Frisian. Sorry, I sometimes get them mixed up.

Marengo said:
back to Milou: I doubt it if it was actually named after Princess Marie-Louise. Marie-Louise of Hessen-Kassel was never known as Milou but as Marijke (Meu). Milou is short for Marie-Louise in some cases though, so my guess is that a friend of the couple has the name Milou and they decided to put it in the baptism name of little Zaria. Though Friso could be a die-hard tintin-fan of course...

I do hope that you are right. It would be shameful (and scary:ohmy: ) if a royal prince (or anyone for that matter) would name his child after a comic character, especially a dog character. Though we do have here in Quebec a young actress named Marie-Loup Wolfe («loup» means wolfe in French:wacko: ). When asked if it's her real name or an artist one, she replies that she was born in the early 70s and that her parents probably smoke some pretty good stuff when they chose her name.

My Tintin quote was a cute joke to lighten up the conversation because I think that we are awfully serious in our name search.

Maureen. What about Princess Maureen? There hasn't ever been one and it'd be quite amusing to hear, "And now, Princess Maureen".

Nice name. Somehow, given that it is a very Irish name I do not think that it will make it into the Dutch Royal Family. Beautiful name though. It means Dark though, so that's maybe not such a good connotation.

As second names:

-If its a boy, he will have for sure the names Claus and Jorge(Máxima's dad)
-And if its a girl, perhaps Mabel, Inés(Máxima's sister) or Florencia(a friend of Máxima)

I like Arabella for a girl. I don't know any Dutch boy names...But I'd love for it to be Alexander! It's such a comanding name...What about Alexander-Maximillian? Or did someone already suggest that?:flowers:

Empress said:
Marengo said:

-quote]

Quite right. Very Frisian. Sorry, I sometimes get them mixed up.
But..but..but...;)
If I may, I have one argument in favor of Frisian names though..:Beatrix and the rest of the Orange clan as we know them, stem from the Frisian branch of the Oranje family, so it would be fitting indeed I think! Not that they'll go there but anyhow..
I happen to be a fan of Frisian names, I'm not Frisian and I don't have a Frisian name myself, maybe that's why I took a shine to them. And, I think it would be a very original choice for DRF. And the opposite of 'tuttig'. :flowers:

If it is a boy my guess is the names Claus and George (Jorge, Maxima's father) will be the middle names. First name? Alexander, Frederik,.....

For a girl my money is on: Helena and Emma:

Princess Amalia
Princess Alexia
Princess Helena or Emma....

Sounds good.

By the way Catharina is in fact a name from the Orange-Nassau family:

Henriëtte-Catharina was a daughter of Frederik-Hendrik and Amalia von Solms-Braunsfeld. Henriëtte-Catharina married Johan Georg II Fürst von Anhalt-Dessau. Their daugher, Henriëtte-Amalia married her first cousin Hendrik-Casimir II von Nassau-Dietz (who's mother was Albertine-Agnes, another daughter of Frederik-Hendrik and Amalia) Their son Johan Willem Friso von Nassau-Dietz became the heir of King-Stadtholder Willem III of Orange-Nassau.

im not sure what im still think baby name for CP couple's baby!

if Girl will name be as
Elisabeth Rose
Catherine

or boy will name be as
Willem-Alexander jr
Brian

im not sure what name will be for CP Couple's baby but im still think!

What about Henriette for a girl?

Well, if it is a girl: and that they are keeping with the trend so far (Amalia, Alexia (6 letters) (both great names :flowers: )
A:
  • Adelle (Old German: Noble, kind)
  • Alatea (Spanish from Greek: Truth)
  • Alyson (Greek: Of noble birth)
  • Aniela (Italian/Polish: A heavenly messenger, an angel. Form of Angela)
  • Ariane (Greek: The holy one)
  • April/Avril (Since the baby is due in April :flowers: )
  • Avalon (Greek: The legendary island where King Arthur is supposedly buried. Also a Sydney placename)
  • Astrid (Old Norse: Divine strength)
Others:
Zara, Matilda, Jane, Louisa, Kate, Martha, Isobel

Princess Maxima said:
Name for a boy:
Máximo Alexander Claus Jorge/George

Maximo? It sounds much like "lider maximo".

I think for a girls name they will keep their tradition with the initial "A" and the -ia-ending, otherwise the third little girl seems so different (something like Amalia and Alexia and oh yes little Melody)
Personally I would have loved the name Holly for the winterborn Amelia, it is so apropriate for christmas and would be such a cute nickname for Hollands new Queen:rolleyes:
However, April could be nice for the springchild too.
Or to stay with their little tradition Allegra sounds good, and to top it is pronouncable in many many languages (even almost similar).

Aurelia? Aspasia? Anastasia? Alesia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom