Máxima on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And a new and old cover

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 737
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 490
The cover of 'Vorsten Royale', July 2006

That is an elegant photo of Princess Maxima. She looks very serene here.

misshelen said:
And more recent and old covers

What a strange habit by the German Boulevard Press to photoshop the teeth. It looks extremely unnatural.

I absolutely love Maxima! My sister-in-law looks exactly like her. She is always radiant in photos don't you think? I am very impressed with her

I've gained a great deal of admiration for her over the past four years. I wasn't sure about her at first, but she's adapted to her role very well.

Here are two covers with Maxima of two magazines which have been lingering around here... :p

The first is July's 'Vorsten' with a horseback riding Maxima on the cover:

The second one is 'Vrij Nederland', a magazine with backgrounds of the current dutch and world news. They did a little survey in 2004 in which they concluded that magazines definitely seem to sell better when Maxima is on the cover. Dutch people are just weird, who comes up with the idea to investigate such a thing?! :lol: They might actually be right. I don't buy the 'Vrij Nederland' that often, but since Maxima was on the cover I decided to buy it anyway :ROFLMAO: (and also because there was a nice article on the brother of a very well known Dutch writer who was a correspondent in Moscow during the communist period and because there was something in it on european literature, but let's forget about that. Maxima is all that matters... :p).

What a glorious picture of the Princess on horseback that is. In terms of 'beauty' she is last of all European Princesses I think (spots, assymetric face, thin hair) but her charisma.... o man! Her vibrance splashes through the screens.

Maxima makes me smile every time I see her! She has alot of charisma -- just puts herself right into every situation with little (apparent) regard for what opinions others might have, and I love her for that. Like jumping after that swinging thing on Queensday -- what a good sport she is. I'd imagine she is well liked by her Crown Princessly cohorts.

Didn´t Vorsten Royale split up in two magazines? I believe I saw ´Vorsten´ and ´Royale´ in the shop last week. Another new royalty magazine is of the boulevardmagazine ´Weekend´, called ´Weekend Royalty´. Add to that the ´Royals Dynasty´, ´Royals´, ´Oranje Boven´, ´Toute Royale´ and ´Tweed´ and that makes 8 royalty magazines for The Netherlands, which is quite much IMO, as I recall that in 1997 there was still only one± ´Vorsten´. Maxima´s charisma must be good for the publishers business.

Marengo said:
Didn´t Vorsten Royale split up in two magazines? I believe I saw ´Vorsten´ and ´Royale´ in the shop last week. Another new royalty magazine is of the boulevardmagazine ´Weekend´, called ´Weekend Royalty´. Add to that the ´Royals Dynasty´, ´Royals´, ´Oranje Boven´, ´Toute Royale´ and ´Tweed´ and that makes 8 royalty magazines for The Netherlands, which is quite much IMO, as I recall that in 1997 there was still only one± ´Vorsten´. Maxima´s charisma must be good for the publishers business.

I don't understand what's happening with the 'Vorsten' magzine. I haven't bought it for years (the last time was a couple of years ago) but I started buying it about three months ago. The june edition is called 'Vorsten royale' (I think I posted it somewhere here), but the two last editions are called 'Vorsten' again, just like I was used to waaaaay back when my grandmother was still alive (she used to have a subscription to 'Vorsten'). So I just don't get what they're up to... :ermm:

There is a magazine called Royale as well, so I suppose that they split up. When I scrolled through the magazines I noticed that Vorsten remained the decent reliable and serious royalty magazine that it was (albeit less attention to austrian and german royals then I would like), while Royale focusses more on fashion and life-style (of royals), so I assume they are trying to get their nuiche markets.

BTW, I was the youngest subscriber of Vorsten magazine, in 1997. Due to the internet I cancelled my subscribtion though, I can get more information here, and much quicker.

No, the didn't split the magazine :) . Vorsten Royale decided to restyle the magazine. The first edition after the restyling had 'Royale' in big letters and 'Vorsten' in a smaller font. I guess readers didn't liked it. The two editions that followed after, sported again 'Vorsten' in a big font.

And Toute Royale doesn't exist anymore ;)

Marengo said:
When I scrolled through the magazines I noticed that Vorsten remained the decent reliable and serious royalty magazine that it was (albeit less attention to austrian and german royals then I would like), while Royale focusses more on fashion and life-style (of royals), so I assume they are trying to get their nuiche markets.

To be honest, in the last three editions of Vorsten there were quite some mistakes in captions by pictures etc. When you spend a lot of time on TRF (like me :lol:) you really start questioning some things when you read them. Not to mention that I really don't like the writing style of some of the articles. These people should hire me! :ROFLMAO:

MaximaDianaFan said:
No, the didn't split the magazine :) . Vorsten Royale decided to restyle the magazine. The first edition after the restyling had 'Royale' in big letters and 'Vorsten' in a smaller font. I guess readers didn't liked it. The two editions that followed after, sported again 'Vorsten' in a big font.

And Toute Royale doesn't exist anymore ;)

Thank you for explaining! :flowers:

Princess Maxima has such a radiant and warm smile :) She fits well for magazine covers.

Well, this thread has been sleeping for a long tme, so to wake it up a picture of Maxima on the cover of Gala magazine, here.

I bought that number of Vorsten for my great aunt actually. It has Prinsjesdag and WA´s 40th birthday bash, which is pretty good. Just out of curiosity, how on earth can you get Vorsten in Argentina?

Marengo:
It is possible that she spend 3000 euros a week, you can see her in so many differents outfits, shoes, handbags, hats, and accesories, eventhough she recycle, still , I wonder what kind of closet she has at home, with all this outfits, shoes, hats, etc.... she must have a big bedroom just with this!Probably she has someone who organize for her and even what she goes to use for each event! I wonder if the jewellery she has it there or in special place ??/ I think she looks incredible well dress and she use the hats beauticul, she probaly had some classes how to walk with them etc... considering that in Argentina you do not use hats for her it was her first time in Europe and she really looks stanning in all the hats!

Maxima on Magazine Covers

I had only found a thread dedicated to the articels in argentian magazines, and since there is a thread for Princess Letizia, too
I hope you enjoy the "interesting" magazine covers from all over the world, and especially from the german gossip magazines ;)

Echo der Frau: Abonnement – Zeitschrift Echo der Frau
"Queen Beatrix is shocked! Maxima and Willem Alexander will separate! "
(Jinigirl: But as long as Maxima is still smiling at the cover.... :D, but maybe because the articel in '7 Tage' is true...)

Sieben Tage: Abonnement – Zeitschrift
7 Tage
"Maxima - a Baby! Her prayers got answered"
(Jinigirl: What a pity for the "new" baby that they'll separate ;))

Frau mit Herz: Abonnement – ZeitschriftFrau mit Herz
"Maxima is so sorry. Bea, I've made a mistake..."
(Jinigirl: ....I've lost the tiara you've lent me for the state visit! ;-) )

These 3 magazines are the best examples for the worst of the worst in german gossip magazines, arrgh

Last edited:
sorry, i can not see it!

I had only found a thread dedicated to the articels in argentian magazines, and since there is a thread for Princess Letizia, too
I hope you enjoy the "interesting" magazine covers from all over the world, and especially from the german gossip magazines ;)

http://www.pressekatalog.de/images/blank.gif Echo der Frau
(Jinigirl: But as long as Maxima is still smiling at the cover.... :D, but maybe because....)

http://www.pressekatalog.de/images/blank.gif 7 Tage
(Jinigirl: What a pity, if they'll separate ;))

http://www.pressekatalog.de/images/blank.gif Frau mit Herz
"Maxima is sorry. Bea, I've made a mistake..."

Echo der Frau: Abonnement – Zeitschrift Echo der Frau
(Jinigirl: But as long as Maxima is still smiling at the cover.... :D, but maybe because the articel in '7 Tage' is true...)

Sieben Tage: Abonnement – Zeitschrift
7 Tage
(Jinigirl: What a pity for the "new" baby that they'll separate ;))

Frau mit Herz: Abonnement – ZeitschriftFrau mit Herz
"Maxima is so sorry. Bea, I've made a mistake..."

These 3 magazines are the best examples for the worst of the worst in german gossip magazines, arrgh

The links are working now :flowers:

You have to scroll a little bit: The last cover in the first links says that Máxima is expecting twins:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom