Máxima in the Argentinian Media

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I havent heard before that Bergoglio collaborated with the Videla regime, and I dont think he actually did. He was one of the candidates to be chosen as Pope.

Neither did I,he was high on the scale on becoming Pope yes,and you don't get there when controversial,during the Borgia's times perhaps,
but not in this day and age..

I highly doubt about the validity of this statement. Máxima wouldn't risk herself with this...mostly if we take into account that she is now part of a RF which is Protestant, and has committed herself not only to getting married under this faith, but also to raising her daughters accordingly. I do think it is mere speculation. The Embassy, according to the article, already denied it as well.

Last edited:
I don't see why would it be a non sense. It's Maxima's money, she's a Catholic and she does with her money whatever she wants to. Besides, is it really true that he collaborated with the Videla Regime? Princess_Maxima (the poster :D ) lives in Argentina and she never have heard about this collaboration. I would like to know more opinions from Argentinian posters about this Cardinal.

He is the Archbishop of Buenos Aires, he was one of the candidates to be a Pope... so I really doubt he had sth to do with Videla. If he did, we should have heard the Madres/Abeulas de Plaza de Mayo complaining; but I dont recall that(maybe some other argentinian posters do?). And the article that Marengo posted clearly say that a lawyer filled a complaint but there was no evidence linking the cardinal to the crimes.

Last edited:
And how are you so sure they are all mentiras?;)

I make the same question. Why does it have to be a mentira (lie)? We don't know if this story is true or not, but if it is true I don't see anything wrong. She is not doing that in the name of the (protestant) Royal Family, but in her own name and with her own money in her native country.
Even if the Archbishop was related to Videla's regime, Máxima wouldn't be doing anything wrong imo. The TV Channel won't exist to support or clean Videla regime's crimes... but to spread the Catholic Faith. Since Máxima is a Catholic, I understand her position.

I make the same question. Why does it have to be a mentira (lie)? We don't know if this story is true or not, but if it is true I don't see anything wrong. She is not doing that in the name of the (protestant) Royal Family, but in her own name and with her own money in her native country.
Even if the Archbishop was related to Videla's regime, Máxima wouldn't be doing anything wrong imo. The TV Channel won't exist to support or clean Videla regime's crimes... but to spread the Catholic Faith. Since Máxima is a Catholic, I understand her position.

I totally agree with you:D. Well said

Well, the Dutch press treats it as nonsense. It would be utterly foolish if Máxima would have done this, the Prime Minister would have to go to parlament 5 minutes after such a transaction (so to speak). Apart from that, it means that 80% of her salary would go to a catholic television station.

The RVD said it does not comment on the private finances of the RF and that HRH is free to do as she pleases. But 'anonimous sources' in The Hague categorically deny it. What is puzzling is that Noticias is said to be a reliable magazine like 'Elsevier' in this country.

He is the Archbishop of Buenos Aires, he was one of the candidates to be a Pope... so I really doubt he had sth to do with Videla. If he did, we should have heard the Madres/Abeulas de Plaza de Mayo complaining; but I dont recall that(maybe some other argentinian posters do?). And the article that Marengo posted clearly say that a lawyer filled a complaint but there was no evidence linking the cardinal to the crimes.

Here you have a complaint
Bonafini pidió la destitución del jefe del Ejército - Política - Perfil.com

President of "Madres" called Bergoglio and others "fascists" a year ago.
Noticias magazine is not known for publishing trash, as for the article in wikipedia on Bergoglio, there was that rumor about the Junta before the Pope was elected, but who knows if it can be true, there´s no way of proving. Many people were accused of collaborating, even priests, lots of them. Some of them were killed by the military government for protesting or helping other people, but we have to take into account that not everyone was so brave.

Now we can just wait until the first member of parlament will have the illuminous idea to ask questions about it (which won' t be awnsered probably as the RVD said: private information). Still it is highly improbable that Maxima would give 80% of her personal income away to a tv-station.

Now we can just wait until the first member of parlament will have the illuminous idea to ask questions about it (which won' t be awnsered probably as the RVD said: private information). Still it is highly improbable that Maxima would give 80% of her personal income away to a tv-station.

Not only highly inprobable,but just out of the question too.
Regardless what that magazine writes,it had one heck of a week in sales,and that's what counts,right?Right?Yeah,....thought so.You will find that each and every time our Máxima will be in Argentina,there will be more stories invented just like that and to distract attention from the poor domestic circumstances Argentina is still battling with.

i suppose if it is not tru she should to sue them!

denied

This story has now officially been denied by the RVD. I guess it's better than sueing them since that would give that magazine only more attention.

Well, better late then never I suppose. The RVD could have predicted that this would drag o and they should have denied it immidiately IMO.

Anyway, their statement further says that Maxima doesn' t know the cardinal and that she actually never met him.

can you scan some pages from the magazine inside?, thank you

Caras magazine (you can click on "Ampliar y ver más fotos", to go through the picture gallery)

Caras Revista | | La sorpresiva visita de Máxima por el día del padre

Máxima also appears on the bottom of the cover.

The media was amazed by the fact that she made her van stop to step out and go into an ATM (and apparently, waited for other client to finish a transaction, as everyone else does)...

Last edited:
The pictures of the girls are just adorable. Do you know what the article said?

WOW! It seems that Princess Maxima visits Argentina as much as she can! I'm happy of it, for her parents could see their grand-daughters many times in a same year. But at the same time, the Princess seems to be very happy at the Netherlands wich is wonderful too. :flowers:

Vanesa.

The pictures of the girls are just adorable. Do you know what the article said?

Well, nothing new, they are mainly pictures ... it explains what De Horsten is, they talk about the girls growing up, Amalia at school, their plans to get a summer residence in Mozambique...excerpts from the princely couple's dialogue with the press at the photoshoot.

Back
Top Bottom