Máxima in the Argentinian Media

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No that isn´t Ariane, the picture was made during the photoshoot 2 years ago in Wassenaar, after the birth of Alexia.

Máxima was mentioned yesterday and today in Clarín newspaper:

October 28th: "Argentinian princess, corruption and espionage"

Princesa argentina, corrupción y espionaje

This article was part of a larger one, over Lady Di's death. They made a briefing on the most known scandals of other European royal families, including the Spanish, the Dutch and the Belgian. Nothing new here - talks about Bernard's Lockheed affair, Friso & Mabel and the incident in 2003 with Margarita Bourbon de Parma and Beatrix. The remarkable thing is, the media is finally letting us know a little bit more of royal life besides the Spanish and the English royal families.

October 29th

Woman Power

Cristina se suma al "woman power", que ya exhibe su sello por el mundo

In an article on our new elected president, Cristina F. de Kirchner, and the influence of women in world politics today, Máxima is mentioned as Beatrix's daughter in law (though she is not mentioned as one of the 'powerful women'). About Beatrix, it says that is one of the three current Queens that are not consorts (among Elizabeth II and Margrethe of Denmark), and that she has both intellectual & political capability, though no real political power:

Las reinas
En los 46 países en los que existen actualmente reyes, emperadores, emires o sultanes, sólo tres mujeres ostentan una corona sobre sus cabezas: son Isabel de Inglaterra, Beatriz de Holanda y Margarita de Dinamarca. Todos títulos heredados, en los que no tienen cabida la formación intelectual o la capacidad política -aunque algunas mujeres las tengan, como es el caso de la suegra de la princesa Máxima (argentina), la holandesa Beatriz- sino la sangre supuestamente azul que corre por sus venas. Igualmente, ninguna de las tres tiene poder político real, aunque la realeza sea su marca.

An overview of the printed version of the article (sorry for the low quality of the image...)

Argentinian newspaper El Cronista Comercial has today an article on Máxima's salary (and a little picture of her in the cover):

How much does a Princess earn: Máxima gets US$ 110.000 per month

Cuánto cobra una princesa: Máxima recibe u$s 110.000 por mes

The full article points out that Máxima earns more per month that George W. Bush and Ba-Ki-Moon, the head of the UN.

The rest of the article is just background info on the princess.

Argentinian newspaper El Cronista Comercial has today an article on Máxima's salary (and a little picture of her in the cover):

How much does a Princess earn: Máxima gets US$ 110.000 per month

Cuánto cobra una princesa: Máxima recibe u$s 110.000 por mes

The full article points out that Máxima earns more per month that George W. Bush and Ba-Ki-Moon, the head of the UN.

The rest of the article is just background info on the princess.

Máxima's apanage consists of three components:

The Dutch Royal House

At the present rate the total of 893.000 euro would be $1.302.530

Caras magazine this week: Máxima, W-A, Amalia, Alexia and Ariane spend thier winter holidays in the Austrian Alps

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/alexiamax/DSC01534.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd94/alexiamax/DSC01535.jpg

Also Gente magazine and Pronto feature the Dutch RF in Lech, this week:

Sumario - Gente Online

Pronto points out that the two younger princesses (Alexia and Ariane) were rather bored after a while. They also state (wrongly) that Amalia is 8 years old and the Queen herself has reached the age of 80 (!).

On its previous issue, Gente also states that Beatrix's birthday was "the last one as Queen" :

Sumario - Gente Online

Queen Beatrix' birthday is "the last one as queen"? I am assuming this is a mis-print. What an awful thing to say. Gente needs to improve their editing.

Not a misprint I think, the Dutch press but also abroad hints on an abdication of the Queen. Some say in a year but I hope and think she will take her time.

It was not a mis-print, what they actually reflect is one of the various 'theories' about Beatrix's supposed abdication. In this case, they tell about the theory according to which Beatrix would abdicate when she turns 71, as her mother Queen Juliana did.

Thanks saphills, great article, i enjoyed it very much. It´s good to know Maxima is "closer to Queen Beatrix than to her father."

Last edited:
You are very welcomed Rosana, I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

I don't believe that Queen Beatrix would abdicate this very year. That should be totally absurd! She is in good performance, mentally and physically. I think she could keep being Queen for several years to come, yet.

Welcome, Rosana! :flowers:

Vanesa.

I don't believe that Queen Beatrix would abdicate this very year. That should be totally absurd! She is in good performance, mentally and physically. I think she could keep being Queen for several years to come, yet.

Welcome, Rosana! :flowers:

Vanesa.

Oh don't worry,HM will not abdicate in the next 4 years,she's still going strong and doing fine.
:flowers:

Thank you Princess Maxima. What does the caption say? Jewel in the crown of Holland?

According to this article Máxima donated 200.000 dollar to a new catholic television station in Argentina. The station didn't have enough money to start but Máxima paid the remaining money. The channel is founded by Cardinal Bergoglio.

Some information about the cardinal from wikipedia:

On 15 April 2005, a human rights lawyer filed a criminal complaint against Argentine cardinal Bergoglio, accusing him of conspiring with the junta in 1976 to kidnap two Jesuit priests. So far, no hard evidence has been presented linking the cardinal to this crime. It is known that the cardinal was the superior figure in the Society of Jesus of Argentina during 1976 and had asked the two priests to leave their pastoral work following conflict within the Society over how to respond to the new military dictatorship, with some priests advocating a violent overthrow. Bergoglio's spokesman has flatly denied the allegations.
The complaint was filed as the Roman Catholic Conclave prepared to convene to select a new pope, likely as a means of protesting Bergoglio's candidacy.

The entire wikipedia article here.

Let's hope that this story is total nonsense!

Last edited:
According to this article Máxima donated 200.000 dollar to a new catholic television station in Argentina. The station didn't have enough money to start but Máxima paid the remaining money. The channel is founded by Cardinal Bergoglio.

Some information about the cardinal from wikipedia:

The entire wikipedia article here.

Let's hope that this story is total nonsense!

HRH would never,NEVER,let herself in this sort of nonsense,made-up totally by Argentine trash/rags.To even take this serious,or even present this as news,is total nonsense.Bogus.

Well, she let herself into nonsense about glasses and nonsense about the Dutch identity, so... But to provide money to a guy who is accused of collaborating with the Videla regime...that would be extremely stupid indeed.

I have no idea what kind of magazine/paper Noticias is, so let's hope it is indeed a rag and that all of this is a lie.

I havent heard before that Bergoglio collaborated with the Videla regime, and I dont think he actually did. He was one of the candidates to be chosen as Pope.
Upon the death of Pope John Paul II, Bergoglio was summoned to Vatican City to participate in the 2005 papal conclave as a cardinal elector. Although Bergoglio was considered papabile himself, the conclave selected Pope Benedict XVI. Earlier, he had participated in the funeral of Pope John Paul II and acted as a regent alongside the College of Cardinals, governing the Holy See and the Roman Catholic Church during the interregnum sede vacante period.

wikipedia

Well, she let herself into nonsense about glasses and nonsense about the Dutch identity, so... But to provide money to a guy who is accused of collaborating with the Videla regime...that would be extremely stupid indeed.

I have no idea what kind of magazine/paper Noticias is, so let's hope it is indeed a rag and that all of this is a lie.

This money thing is nonsense.The dutch identity thing was not,she was right,a frisian differs from a zeeuw,and a grunninger is a world apart from a limbourgian.Not to forget that people from beneath the rivieren now better how to have fun/celebrate then most above the rivers.As I've seen you admitting recently...grin..:rolleyes:

Huge differences in a small country,but they exist and existed over the centuries,happily,but one as different from the other as the sun and the moon.So,yes,she was right,there is no specific dutch nationality.We have our pet loves yes,iceskating,the 11 steden tocht,Koninginnedag,may 4th & may 5th,the Royal Family etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom