Máxima & Mathilde in Breda for the 'History of Dutch Literature': February 23, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxima's skirt is great - sexy but in an appropriate way.

Hate her shoes - they make her legs look chunkier. (I keep writing this about her shoes - maybe I hope that someone will pass this on to her!)

I like Mathilde's outfit too. Very pretty lace trim. And nice shoes - she should give Maxima some tips.

I have a question: how can you download pictures from royalimages.nl?
When I try I get the message that there is copyright at the pictures. But here on this board I see people who use the pictures.

aww, the more photos i see the more i like everything! mathilde's make up was perfect, as well as her whole outfit, so appropiate, and noticed a little detail of maxima's earrings matching her beautiful brooch. her hair definetely looks her best, it looks well combed and in a way it really flatters her face and makes her look younger. the same for the outfit... loved the jacket and the leather skirt! definetely gorgeous princesses...

It's great, how wonderful relationship of the two future Queens are. :) Stupid queastion but, how tall they are?

Mathilde1286 said:
purple, could you post the pictures you posted in the Dutch Royal Family, Maxima's thread?

here you go, Mathilde1286

from seegerpress

and for some without watermark, from DPA

and a couple from ANP

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful photos. If it wasn't for the Royal Forums, I'd never have the opportunity to see the European princesses.:)

Great to see Mathilde and Máxima together! They both look so very stylish and elegant, the modern day princess in a nutshell. And they seem to enjoy each other's company as well, it's always nice to see royals getting along well together like that.

And what a great hat Philippe featured on the carnival! :D

The Watcher said:
Dutch of course;)

I've read in this forum tha CP Mathilde did not speak Dutch, am I wrong? She speaks French and remember she was criticized for not being fluent in Dutch.

Catherine -- The shoes PM is wearing at the engagement in Breda are the same as the ones at the Danish christening, right? Are the black pearl earrings new? I don't recall seeing them.

Thank you for the lovely pictures, Purple Platinum.

Emily said:
Catherine -- The shoes PM is wearing at the engagement in Breda are the same as the ones at the Danish christening, right? Are the black pearl earrings new? I don't recall seeing them.

The earrings must be new, she's already worn the shoes several times (and also at the Danish christening, yes):

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40557&d=1095009579

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40556&d=1095009579

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51063&d=1098796940

Maxima and Mathilde See the Funny Side Of Royal Life
.......................The Netherlands' Crown Princess Maxima was photographed laughing heartily when she joined Belgium's future Queen, Crown Princess Mathilde , for a ceremony in the picturesque town of Breda. She and her fellow royal were guests of honour at the event, which was staged to promote the newly reissued History Of Dutch Literature......................................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/02/27/maximaandmathilde/

Photos from Hello magazine

Where did the two develop such a good friendship?

I think from the time just before the engagement, when Maxima lived in Brussels. During the engagement they were friends already, as Maxima paid a visit to mathilde, just 2 days after she gave birth to Elisabeth.

I also read or heard somewhere that Mathilde helped Maxima a bit with getting used to court life and stuff like that. Maybe I'm totally off track here, but it sounds logical. I think it's nice to see that the two princesses of two neighbouring countries can get along so well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom