Regnal names in the Dutch royal family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

casualfan

Serene Highness
City
New Orleans
Country
United States
When Amalia becomes Queen, what name will she use? Catharina or Amalia?

Well her name is Catharina-Amalia with a hyphon, so why not use that. It sounds very regal tom me :)

I think that it's gonna be her choice, she have 5 names :)
Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria :flowers:
But I think that would be Queen Catharina or Queen Catharina-Amalia , like her father, would have been King Willem :rose:

I think that it's gonna be her choice, she have 5 names :)
Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria :flowers:
But I think that would be Queen Catharina or Queen Catharina-Amalia , like her father, would have been King Willem :rose:

When I was little, the only time my full name was used, was when I misbehaved :whistling: Try to imagine Maxima yelling through the garden: CATHARINA-AMALIA BATRIX CARMEN VICTORIA, COME HERE AT ONCE. Then she knows for sure that she is in trouble :ohmy:

When I was little, the only time my full name was used, was when I misbehaved :whistling: Try to imagine Maxima yelling through the garden: CATHARINA-AMALIA BATRIX CARMEN VICTORIA, COME HERE AT ONCE. Then she knows for sure that she is in trouble :ohmy:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yup it's fanny :) :cool:
But she have 5 names and they(her parents) decided to use only Amalia, for the ordinary / everyday use :flowers:

She can choose from one of her other names? Or shell go by Queen Catharina,Queen Amalia,Queen Catherina Amelia.

she will highly be like her father, Wilhem-Alexander was once asked what name he will be called when becoming king, he said he'll be King Wilhem (+number). so Queen Catharina is a very possible thing, but she can choose Queen Catharina-Amalia when shes grown-up!

All of her names are very regal-sounding, so she's safe with using any of them. However, I'm hoping she'll go with Carmen, since I've never heard of a monarch by that name ;).

If she's only to go by one of her names, I think it'll be Amalia. But since her father has chosen to go by his full name, Willem-Alexander, I think it's very likely that she'll be Queen Catharina-Amalia.

i believe she will be Queen Catharina-Amalia as well!

and how nice she'll be HRH The Princess of Orange from April 30th onwards according to the official website and not at age 18 like some users said.

Catharina-Amalia is such a queenly name, Amalia is more average IMO, so I hope she´ll opte for the first one. It´s akward to think that she´s to be Princess of Oranje and heir apparent soon, but so exciting at the same time :)

Who knows what name she will chose. W-A has always been known as "W-A" but it's the opposite with Amalia - at times I forget she's "Catharina-Amalia."

I have a question - while she has five names, can she choose something separate and apart from her given names as her regnal name? Juliana or Wilhemina, for example?

I would guess that for official proclamations she will be C-A, but for less formal and family matters simply A. Most news reports will refer to her as Amalia, formal announcements C-A. C-A is too formal for everyday conversations.

King Willem-Alexander's Regnal Name

Is King Willem-Alexander also Willem IV? Or is Willem-Alexander the only name he uses as King?

It was mused before the abdication and throne change that he would be known as Willem IV but he confirmed in an interview that he would remain Willem Alexander as that has always been his name.

Willem IV?

It was mused before the abdication and throne change that he would be known as Willem IV but he confirmed in an interview that he would remain Willem Alexander as that has always been his name.

Jacknch, Thank you for the information. Is the following statement true: The King should not be referred to as Willem IV.

The king should not be referred to as such. He's not Willem IV, he's Willem-Alexander I.

Yes, that statement is true - the king should not be referred to as Willem IV.

Ahem....and he will only become known as Willem-Alexander I if at some point in the future there exists another Dutch king who is also called Willem-Alexander....sorry to be fussy Ish!

I always though it was more... The first is always the first, they're just not necessarily referred to such until there's a second (except for in the realms where they start the count right away).

I'd read in an interview that he said that he didn't care if he was known as Willem IV or Willem Alexander, he would leave that up to the historians to work out. He said he would always refer to himself as Willem Alexander

Long live King Wilem-Alexander!
I myself say Queen Catharina-Amalia

Catharina-Amalia could be Queen Catharina Amalia with the stipulation that she does not want her name hyphenated. :innocent::innocent::innocent:

Back
Top Bottom