The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2017, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's nice to see that we got to see photos after all, I hope that more will come later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Hola has speculated they may bring the girls along. It's a holiday weekend in Madrid, no school for Leo and Sof either Monday nor Tuesday.

I think that it was also suggested that Victoria and Daniel could take with them Estelle at least? Maybe the invitation was for all their royal friends with their kids. That would be pretty great, all the new young generation also partying together
I think that would be such a sweet idea! I do hope it turns out to be true - it would be great to see a photo of all the children together, but I know I'm pushing it It would be a nice way for Infanta Sofia to celebrate her birthday.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-29-2017, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, too bad, I was really hoping to see pictures of more of the royals.

I hope WA has had a wonderful birthday.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

cant wait to see all the photos1
Old 04-29-2017, 11:21 PM
Royal Highness

Hope to see pictures of all the guests. Letizia looked fabulous. Red is definitely her color.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:30 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
So to see King Willem-Alexander houses his guests at Hotel Des Indes, a five star-hotel close to Noordeinde Palace.

http://632810068e3a6095b97b-e9bd3233....160065_tb.jpg
Are some royals staying at the palace and others in the hotel?
Old 04-30-2017, 01:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I thought that F&L would have brought the daughters but maybe not. It's a strange idea to leave Sofia & Leonor at home at Sofia's birthday when other royals bring along children with the same age group or the Dutch girls being there anyway.

So maybe the places at the palace are occupied by those with children (Estelle, Danish twins?) so F&L stayed at the hotel.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I thought that F&L would have brought the daughters but maybe not. It's a strange idea to leave Sofia & Leonor at home at Sofia's birthday when other royals bring along children with the same age group or the Dutch girls being there anyway.

So maybe the places at the palace are occupied by those with children (Estelle, Danish twins?) so F&L stayed at the hotel.
I agree, not to be in the birthday of your kid, hummm..... not my cup of tea! Wonder why we can not have photos of the event?
Old 04-30-2017, 02:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Are some royals staying at the palace and others in the hotel?
On television they said that the King has organized accomodation for his guests at Noordeinde Palace and in hotels in The Hague. Don Felipe and Doña Letizia were seen leaving the chique Hôtel Des Indes close to Noordeinde Palace. It seems most guests were already in the palace and walked through the palace park to the Koninklijke Stallen (Royal Mews).

This is not visible from the outside as the palace, located in the very middle of densely populated The Hague, is surrounded by buildings like the Royal House Archives, the Royal Mews, the Dome of Fagel (a garden pavillion) and by canals too:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...tables.svg.png
Old 04-30-2017, 05:01 AM
Gentry

New official photos!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-pRIAHXoAEjn_n.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-pS1W5XsAAKlMF.jpg
Old 04-30-2017, 05:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely photos.

Prince Edward and Sophie are there as they were spotted on a flight to Amsterdam yesterday morning.

Looking to hopefully seeing other official photos.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent

It would be nice to have a picture of WA,Max and the foreign royals
Old 04-30-2017, 06:47 AM
Courtier

That new picture of WA and Maxima looks very beautiful.
Its dissapointing that we only got good pictures of Felipe and Letizia but not of other royal guests. I hope there will be a group photo released at least.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm very disappointed we haven't got a group picture, tbh.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:18 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Pavlos and Marie-Chantal of Greece were also present last night; they have both posted photographs this morning in The Hague on Instagram (not of the birthday dinner though!).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTgNmJPF...n-by=pavlosgr1
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTgJxqVD...mariechantal22
Old 04-30-2017, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
I'm very disappointed we haven't got a group picture, tbh.
Me too as we got one for his 40th birthday.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here are some additional photos from last night

PPE

PPE Agency
Old 04-30-2017, 09:00 AM
Royal Highness

Very disappointed in the lack of
photos of the royals who attended.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

That is a choice: the King has given an interview, he invited people from all over the country for a lavish banquet, he celebrated King's Day in a mass event in Tilburg, he opened up the palace for 50 continuous hours with an exhibition from 1967-2017 and now he wants a party "for family and friends".

It is the same as the Casiraghi-Borromeo wedding, for an example: fenced off, to feel free from media. The King and Queen have given pictures. Note that 99% of the Dutch likely is not as interested as we on the forum. Yes, disappointing but maybe we still will see pictures from blogs or from instagram.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm sure that some group photos will surface over the coming days.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Only Letizia and Felipe from European Royals? No Danish, Norwegian or Swedish ? UK or Belgium ? No-one ?

Tags
birthday, birthday celebration, king willem-alexander