King Willem-Alexander's 50th Birthday: April 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there photos online? Didn't knew that Edward and Sophie were present.

Only Letizia and Felipe from European Royals? No Danish, Norwegian or Swedish ? UK or Belgium ? No-one ?

Felipe and Letizia, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal, Edward and Sophie were seen. That is for sure. In the program Blauw Bloed we could see -from far- three or four teams (different colour suits) competing at the beach and the water in Rotterdam. There is a large group of royals in The Hague, that is for sure. The Royal Mews is a big complex and capable to house a hundreds to party.

Prince Pavlos and Princess Marie Chantal have been at the celebrations, because this morning they were visiting The Hague. I have seen a photo of a bus where I have could see to Princess Victoria ...I would like see photos

Nice 2 photos of the family and the dance! Would love to see her dress! Does Amalia has lipstick? or it is my idea? Ariana has a bracelet in her Ankle! love it!
Disappointed no more photos of the guests, the inside, ........... :(

Felipe and Letizia, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal, Edward and Sophie were seen. That is for sure. In the program Blauw Bloed we could see -from far- three or four teams (different colour suits) competing at the beach and the water in Rotterdam. There is a large group of royals in The Hague, that is for sure. The Royal Mews is a big complex and capable to house a hundreds to party.
Can we watch this program online?

I don't think Mary and Fred were there

K.W-A is known to be very very protective of his private life and noone who who considers themselves his friend will think of releasing any private information to a public medium (as it will be the end of the friendship).

I don't picture the royal guests walking around taking selfies at the Party. Nor do many of the guests have public social media. That leaves us to media, and since was private event, we only get photos outside. The king released a few personal photos and that was his choice.

I don't think Mary and Fred were there

The rumours are that "everyone" was there. In a part of Blauw Bloed we saw the unloading of VIP-busses with unknown guests. We may assume lots of German royal friends, the Zorreguietas, the friends from Greece and Argentina where the couple has houses, the friends from Lech where the Kinh comes for 50 years, etc.

From the Norwegian press we know that Haakon & Mette-Marit and Victoria & Daniel were in The Hague. Grand-Duchess María Teresa was seen. We may assume -on an Orange-Nassau birthday- that fellow Nassaus like Guillaume & Stéphanie were there. Felipe and Letizia were there, Pavlos and Marie-Chantal, Edward and Sophie. Most likely also the neighbours from Belgium: Philippe and Mathilde. Anyway, tout Almanach de Gotha.

I remember Charles' 60th birthday, guests arrived in cars and apart from that we got zero photos, not even a group shot!

I remember Charles' 60th birthday, guests arrived in cars and apart from that we got zero photos, not even a group shot!

I hope not!

I mean come on. W-A is after all king, and it's his 50th birthday, very much celebrated by the whole country.

While they don't have to show everything live on cameras in every corner at least show a little bit of what is going on. Not doing so would IMO be a PR fail.
Their guests are used to be in the limelight, they are used to being a part of the big royal roadshow, so there is no need to shield them.

It's basically if you celebrate your 50th birthday and your neighbors on the road stand outside your house singing to you, give you presents and wish you well and shout hurrah. - And you won't even show a couple of pics from the party on Facebook.
A bit of a let down, eh?

K.W-A is known to be very very protective of his private life and noone who who considers themselves his friend will think of releasing any private information to a public medium (as it will be the end of the friendship).
A bit to protective if you ask me.

I hope not!

I mean come on. W-A is after all king, and it's his 50th birthday, very much celebrated by the whole country.

While they don't have to show everything live on cameras in every corner at least show a little bit of what is going on. Not doing so would IMO be a PR fail.
Their guests are used to be in the limelight, they are used to being a part of the big royal roadshow, so there is no need to shield them.

It's basically if you celebrate your 50th birthday and your neighbors on the road stand outside your house singing to you, give you presents and wish you well and shout hurrah. - And you won't even show a couple of pics from the party on Facebook.
A bit of a let down, eh?
1. I totally agree! But it doesn't look like the Dutch media cares anyway.

2. Yes, A bit of a let down. I will actually go as far as to call it rude.

Last edited:
I hope not!

A bit of a let down, eh?
This is genuinely one of the strangest comparisons I have read in a long time.

Dutch people are not checking for pictures of foreign royals nor do we insist our RF to share every detail of their lives with us. It's not our business? If W-A wishes to have a private party away from the cameras, that is up to them. They don't owe you or us a picture.

:previous: Why? For wishing to see some footage from the party?
Well, that's pretty much why we are here, isn't it?
That's what we hope for.

And not being Dutch myself, I nevertheless don't think the Dutch people would mind if the palace doors were opened a little bit more on this occasion. ;)

To me it looks like the Dutch people and media are "satisfied" with the TV-interview, with King's Day in Tilburg, with the special gala banquet for 150 guests drawn by a lottery, with the group-selfie on Dam Square, with the free opening of the palace for 50 hours including an exhibition about the period 1967-2017. And finally releasing two pictures from that evening.

That then the King wants one evening "entre nous" with family and friends, it looks like no one stumbles over that. There are no complaints in media or twitter it is all too exclusive, too secretive (which was heard when Queen Beatrix celebrated her 60th birthday).

There are no complaints in media or twitter it is all too exclusive, too secretive (which was heard when Queen Beatrix celebrated her 60th birthday).

But then it was at last allowed to make pics of the guests when they arrived to the Gala

it's a very smart move to first play Mister Approachable, with the dinner and the giant selfie and the interview where Wilfried DJ can just throw his car keys on the table when he enters the king's mansion... and then a fenced off party that the Dutch people will pay for - even though it's private, even though the king is a multimillionaire.

Who are WA & Maxima's advisors? They are very good IMO. They seem to stay one step ahead of the press. I don't think there have been any complaints (genre Greek villa) ever since WA became king, right?

That then the King wants one evening "entre nous" with family and friends, it looks like no one stumbles over that. There are no complaints in media or twitter it is all too exclusive, too secretive (which was heard when Queen Beatrix celebrated her 60th birthday).

And releasing one group photo with the royal guests would have made it less "entre nous" ?

I completely understand why the party was private, I guess for royal watchers the frustrating thing is that we got pictures (a group photo at least) from the 50th birthday.

I hope not!

A bit of a let down, eh?

As much as i wished for more pictures, I disagree that this is a let down.

We got an interview, we got tons of pictures from the guests dinner and 2 pictures from the private dinner. We did get something at least. I guess when they said they wanted private we should understand it'll be private since they are also private people.

Felipe and Letizia don't look happy with forced smiles, having to pose for the press because of the location, while all other royals obviously were able to move in privacy, Letizia hates being photographed in private, the Spanish RF hate being pointed out on the 'fluff' events that all the other royal houses do who are not as serious as the Spanish royals are, and now of all royal houses it's them splashed all over HOLA etc attending a private royal birthday.

So I wonder, why only F&L in that location exposed to the press, and nobody else?

it's a very smart move to first play Mister Approachable, with the dinner and the giant selfie and the interview where Wilfried DJ can just throw his car keys on the table when he enters the king's mansion... and then a fenced off party that the Dutch people will pay for - even though it's private, even though the king is a multimillionaire.

Who are WA & Maxima's advisors? They are very good IMO. They seem to stay one step ahead of the press. I don't think there have been any complaints (genre Greek villa) ever since WA became king, right?

Heu... the refurbishment of Noordeinde 66 as a pied-à-terre for Princess Beatrix with a prize tag of ca. 4 million Euro. The restoration of the Glass State Carriage (1,2 million Euro) and of the Golden State Carriage (1,2 million Euro). The restoration and refurbishment of Huis ten Bosch Palace (60 million Euro). The new Boeing 737 Business Jet for King and Government (89 million Euro). The temporary offices at Villa De Eikenhorst (400.000 Euro). The future annual allowance of Princess Amalia (1,5 million Euro when she becomes 18 years old). The suspiction of having artworks looted from Jews in WWII. (After a long and exhausting investigation only one painting, bought by Queen Juliana at an auction somewhere after the war, had a looted Jewish origin and was returned to the heirs). The suspiction that Prince Bernhard had made a deal with the Government back in 1972 about taxation of the Royal House (still under investigation), etc. etc.

All of these items have stirred some rumours in media and politics but it all ebbed away pretty soon, I must say. Possibly because the State enjoyed (and still enjoys) favourable Budgets: there is more income for the State than is spent. And on 265.000.000.000,00 of annual State expenditures it all is relative.

Felipe and Letizia don't look happy with forced smiles, having to pose for the press because of the location, while all other royals obviously were able to move in privacy, Letizia hates being photographed in private, the Spanish RF hate being pointed out on the 'fluff' events that all the other royal houses do who are not as serious as the Spanish royals are, and now of all royal houses it's them splashed all over HOLA etc attending a private royal birthday.

So I wonder, why only F&L in that location exposed to the press, and nobody else?

They could have taken the underground parking exit in a blinded car, so my guess is that they simply requested the car to stand in front of Hotel Des Indes.

This is genuinely one of the strangest comparisons I have read in a long time.

Dutch people are not checking for pictures of foreign royals nor do we insist our RF to share every detail of their lives with us. It's not our business? If W-A wishes to have a private party away from the cameras, that is up to them. They don't owe you or us a picture.

Hear Hear Hear!!

To some it's just never enough,or good enough or anything...never mind.
Our RF know what they do and lives up to their responsibilities.

All members...even the almost 80-years old..no retirement &/or laziness here.But Private is private,basta.
I think we already were downright spoiled with all the TV issues and beautifull pics & images and what not related to HM birthday!Chapeau to our King and the RF.

Well done I'd say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom