King Willem-Alexander's 50th Birthday: April 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've read on Twitter that the foreign royals are staying at Noordeinde Palace so we won't get pictures of them arriving :whistling:

Let's hope someone in the royal court will have mercy of us, poor royal watchers, and release at least a group picture :cool:

No it was the weekly program Blauw Bloed and the broadcast came from a side entrance to the Royal Mews at the compound of Noordeinde Palace. It is secluded. The royal guests apparently walked from the palace through the park to the Royal Mews.

This afternoon there was a sports day at the very windy beach. A camera from far captured the royals in 3 or 4 different teams (judging by the colours of the sport suits) and they had to fullfill a sort of hindrance parcours with water plays, skippy balls and that sort of things. A luxe big boat was in the water, probably for undressing, a hot shower and the well-earned brunch.

The King has been very open all week and only this day he wants to celebrate with family and friends. Tomorrow there will be a brunch at De Horsten, the royal domain where the King's private villa is located. It is onlu waiting for a group picture or so, that will possibly the only visible part of this evening. The editors of Blauw Bloed have checked social media, but it remains silent on this, as if the Dutch understand the King wants one event "entre nous" as they themselves also wish for their family and friends.

Last edited:
I respect that the King wants a private event with his family and friends and I like how so far the media has respected that but on the other hand, its hard for us royal watchers not to get a glimpse. I hope a group photo will be released.

Do we know if the kings daughters joined today and if other royals brought their children along?

Here you can watch the Blauw Bloed emmission Duc et Pair mentionned.

http://www.eo.nl/blauwbloed/aflevering-detail/blauw-bloed-20170429t194500/

So we'll get picture after all?? :w00t:
Felipe and Letizia look their very best. Now I need pictures from everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Makes sense. Thanks Lula. So I guess kings and Queens were transported by cars and all others by buses? If that's the case though, we should also get photos of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde.

It's nice to see that we got to see photos after all, I hope that more will come later on.

Hola has speculated they may bring the girls along. It's a holiday weekend in Madrid, no school for Leo and Sof either Monday nor Tuesday.

I think that it was also suggested that Victoria and Daniel could take with them Estelle at least? Maybe the invitation was for all their royal friends with their kids. That would be pretty great, all the new young generation also partying together :)

I think that would be such a sweet idea! I do hope it turns out to be true - it would be great to see a photo of all the children together, but I know I'm pushing it :p It would be a nice way for Infanta Sofia to celebrate her birthday.

Oh, too bad, I was really hoping to see pictures of more of the royals.

I hope WA has had a wonderful birthday.

cant wait to see all the photos1

Hope to see pictures of all the guests. Letizia looked fabulous. Red is definitely her color.

I thought that F&L would have brought the daughters but maybe not. It's a strange idea to leave Sofia & Leonor at home at Sofia's birthday when other royals bring along children with the same age group or the Dutch girls being there anyway.

So maybe the places at the palace are occupied by those with children (Estelle, Danish twins?) so F&L stayed at the hotel.

I thought that F&L would have brought the daughters but maybe not. It's a strange idea to leave Sofia & Leonor at home at Sofia's birthday when other royals bring along children with the same age group or the Dutch girls being there anyway.

So maybe the places at the palace are occupied by those with children (Estelle, Danish twins?) so F&L stayed at the hotel.

I agree, not to be in the birthday of your kid, hummm..... not my cup of tea! Wonder why we can not have photos of the event?

Are some royals staying at the palace and others in the hotel?

On television they said that the King has organized accomodation for his guests at Noordeinde Palace and in hotels in The Hague. Don Felipe and Doña Letizia were seen leaving the chique Hôtel Des Indes close to Noordeinde Palace. It seems most guests were already in the palace and walked through the palace park to the Koninklijke Stallen (Royal Mews).

This is not visible from the outside as the palace, located in the very middle of densely populated The Hague, is surrounded by buildings like the Royal House Archives, the Royal Mews, the Dome of Fagel (a garden pavillion) and by canals too:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...den,_Royal_Archives_and_Royal_Stables.svg.png

Last edited:
Lovely photos.

Prince Edward and Sophie are there as they were spotted on a flight to Amsterdam yesterday morning.

Looking to hopefully seeing other official photos.

It would be nice to have a picture of WA,Max and the foreign royals

That new picture of WA and Maxima looks very beautiful.
Its dissapointing that we only got good pictures of Felipe and Letizia but not of other royal guests. I hope there will be a group photo released at least.

I'm very disappointed we haven't got a group picture, tbh.

Very disappointed in the lack of
photos of the royals who attended.

That is a choice: the King has given an interview, he invited people from all over the country for a lavish banquet, he celebrated King's Day in a mass event in Tilburg, he opened up the palace for 50 continuous hours with an exhibition from 1967-2017 and now he wants a party "for family and friends".

It is the same as the Casiraghi-Borromeo wedding, for an example: fenced off, to feel free from media. The King and Queen have given pictures. Note that 99% of the Dutch likely is not as interested as we on the forum. Yes, disappointing but maybe we still will see pictures from blogs or from instagram.

I'm sure that some group photos will surface over the coming days.

Only Letizia and Felipe from European Royals? No Danish, Norwegian or Swedish ? UK or Belgium ? No-one ?

Back
Top Bottom