King Willem-Alexander, Current Events 3: Dec 2020- Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a volksbuurt, a folksy neighbourhood, enthusiast with the King visiting their unbelievably orange street on a fabulous summer day. And Oranje, the Netherlands team, again won their match on the European Football Championships. The atmosphere was carnivalesque, loose, relaxed and yes, okay, we are all human, the King included.

Amen to that!!I,this time,wholeheartedly agree with you.
Critisism from cabinet members,especially the kind that gave a reaction,should be totally ignored,they are not the persons to critisize anyone any longer after their incompetence and shananigans as of late,,,.

My King My Country

If I was the King, I would order to have the side panels removed and just use the coach "naked" alike in Denmark:

Golden State Coach Denmark: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/201...ew_Year_celebrations_t-a-98_1452088815833.jpg

Golden State Coach Netherlands: https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-ac...-de-foute-koets-rijden~bb5dbfc6/#&gid=1&pid=1

The King had it restored to the year of creation: 1898. Then the Netherlands had massive "dominions overseas" and this pride in the colonial empire was illustrated on the Golden State Coach.

How much I absolutely do despise "woke-ness", it is not wise that the King travels in a Coach which does now stir up an eternal debate.

Remove the panels, use naked gold or paint it with the same side panels as the Glass State Coach: https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sOda8wDQ...qQg/s1600/Louwman+Museum+De+Haag+2015+004.jpg

No,no changes!!We will not rewrite history for anyones daily hype!!
It is a celebration of the abolishment of slavery and that s that!!No nonsense!

Minister Grapperhaus (Justice) also said that the rules also apply to the king. Not that the minister is in a strong position to critisize as he organised a wedding during COVID times, where people were seen hugging, kissing etc.

The faux-pas is not surprising of course, considering the relaxed attitude of the government towards their own sanitary rules.

Hear Hear Hear!!! They especially lost their voice to critisize anyone!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As A Dutchman living in Melbourne (Auatralia), I am a Dutch fan of the House of Orange & I even have a big Dutch flag & a Orange/Dutch flag with color ornge background behind my office desk plus approx 45 books/mags of the Dutch royals AND 366 pages photobook in color/black about the Dutch royal House. unfortunetly in Dutch language. Title of this book "Oranje in beeld in the twintigste eeuw" & A box of DVD's title " The Kingdom of the Netherlands " 1898 - 2007, unfortunetly no english translation, Sorry!

King Willem-Alexander visited the Open Studios of the Rijksakademie van Beeldende Kunsten in Amsterdam for its 150th anniversary today. Prince Constantijn was present as well but not accompanying his brother:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
I'm confused so the two brothers each payed an official visit to the museum. Why didn't they just go together?

King Willem-Alexander and Prime Minister Mark Rutte attended the Veterans Day in Den Haag today, June 26:

** anp gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
The King needs his uniform one size bigger (or he himself has to become one size smaller). Aside this, this Royal Navy uniform is a nice one.

This morning, June 30, King Willem-Alaxander virtually talked todiplomats and other employees of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs "about the impact of the corona crisis on their work for the Netherlands worldwide":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

King Willem-Alexander welcomed the Ambassadors of Chile and Ghana today, July 14:

** ppe gallery **

And he swore in several officials:

** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
It is a stylish affair but I would kick that horrible "Covid-safe" round table out of the palace.

K.Willem-Alexander will not attend the olympic games in Japan.
https://www.nu.nl/achterklap/6145756/koning-willem-alexander-niet-bij-olympische-spelen-wegens-coronapandemie.htm

"King Willem-Alexander will not travel to Tokyo to attend the Olympic Games, the Government Information Service said on Thursday. He will, however, open the TeamNL Olympic Festival in Scheveningen on Friday 23 July.

The festival on the beach of the seaside resort will be dominated by the Games for three weeks. During the Games, for example, the Dutch medal winners are honored on the field when they return. During the day it is possible, among other things, to get acquainted with certain sports and to watch the matches in Tokyo on large screens."

To be honest, I hadn't even considered he would go, because the Japanese authorities have announced that the games will allow spectators, but it's good that it's officially confirmed now (can already hear the criticism if he had travelled to Japan, after the holiday-faux-pas last year ;) )

K.Willem-Alexander will not attend the olympic games in Japan.
https://www.nu.nl/achterklap/6145756/koning-willem-alexander-niet-bij-olympische-spelen-wegens-coronapandemie.htm

"King Willem-Alexander will not travel to Tokyo to attend the Olympic Games, the Government Information Service said on Thursday. He will, however, open the TeamNL Olympic Festival in Scheveningen on Friday 23 July.

The festival on the beach of the seaside resort will be dominated by the Games for three weeks. During the Games, for example, the Dutch medal winners are honored on the field when they return. During the day it is possible, among other things, to get acquainted with certain sports and to watch the matches in Tokyo on large screens."

To be honest, I hadn't even considered he would go, because the Japanese authorities have announced that the games will allow spectators, but it's good that it's officially confirmed now (can already hear the criticism if he had travelled to Japan, after the holiday-faux-pas last year ;) )

I think you meant to write "will not allow spectators" (as is indeed the case). As the risks of holding the Olympics are unpopular with the Japanese public, I assume his decision will be appreciated in Japan as well.

:previous: you're right, forgot the 'not', thx!

King Willem-Alexander opened the TeamNL Olympic Festival on the sports beach of Den Haag today, July 23.
The three-week festival is dedicated to the Olympic Games in Tokyo:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery ** rex gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
King Willem-Alexander swore in the new Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation and the new State Secretaries of Social Affairs and Employment and of Infrastructure and Water Management at Palace Huis ten Bosch in Den Haag today, August 10:

** Pic **

Mrs Visser was State Secretary for Defence and today the King formally appointed her as Minister of Infrastructure and Water Management. Mrs Visser swore an Oath before the King as part of her appointment as Minister.

It seems we are having new ministers every other day. They all consistently fail to mention that they have a demissionairy status as we have had no functioning government since January and a new one is not in sight.

The VVD minister that she is replacing is moving to work for a lobby group related to her work. This would have been illegal until 2019 but the government quietly changed the rules. In the European Union and in a lot of other European countries this would be forbidden due to fears of corruption.

It seems we are having new ministers every other day. They all consistently fail to mention that they have a demissionairy status as we have had no functioning government since January and a new one is not in sight.

The VVD minister that she is replacing is moving to work for a lobby group related to her work. This would have been illegal until 2019 but the government quietly changed the rules. In the European Union and in a lot of other European countries this would be forbidden due to fears of corruption.

The Government is outgoing but the coalition still has a majority. Problem is that the relations in said coalition have changed: two parties were victorious, one party got a fatal electoral blow. But statistically they still hold the majority. Before the elections 77 of the 150 seats, after the elections 78 of the 150 seats. But the composition is totally different.

So yes, the current Government is outgoing, at the same time, as long as there is no new Government, they have enough votes in Parliament. Constitutionally the proposals of the Government have sufficient support. These days the Cabinet is preparing the Budget 2022 as if it is a fully missionary Government.

The King received the Belgian Ambassador today at Noordeinde palace in The Hague.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?start=0&zoektype=2&search=01-09-2021 The

Three Ambassadors: two neighbours (Belgium and Germany) and two kingdoms (Belgium and Sweden).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Government is outgoing but the coalition still has a majority. Problem is that the relations in said coalition have changed: two parties were victorious, one party got a fatal electoral blow. But statistically they still hold the majority. Before the elections 77 of the 150 seats, after the elections 78 of the 150 seats. But the composition is totally different.

So yes, the current Government is outgoing, at the same time, as long as there is no new Government, they have enough votes in Parliament. Constitutionally the proposals of the Government have sufficient support. These days the Cabinet is preparing the Budget 2022 as if it is a fully missionary Government.

Indeed, a continuation of the present government was always the most evident way forward but apparently irreconsilable differences has popped up all of a sudden. Anyway, it is likely that a record will be broken as they only have to stall for 50 days more to break the 2017 record of 225 days.

---
Rick Evers posted a little clip of the carriages at the palace:

I believe it is the Swedish anthem that is played.

King Willem-Alexander swore in new Supreme Court judges today, September 1:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And here are some more photos of the ambassadors reception today:

** rex gallery ** anp gallery **

If there is a jacquet and white tie rental in The Hague, they do good business with all the ambassadors, ministers, state secretaries, justices, state counsels, state auditors, etc. whom are received by the King conforming to a dresscode.

King Willem-Alexander attended the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Rotterdam Ahoy and the opening of the new Rotterdam Ahoy Convention Centre (RACC) and RTM Stage today, September 9:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** rex gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom