King Willem-Alexander, Current Events 3: Dec 2020- Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, July 1, King Willem-Alexander attended the ceremonial transfer of Monument Vossenbosch to the Moluccan Community in Wierden:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander received the Ambassadors of Iraq and Uruguay today, July 6:

And he swore in two State Councilors in the Administrative Jurisdiction Division of the Council of State:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

In the afternoon King Willem-Alexander paid a working visit to the Netherlands Institute of Ecology, one of the research institutes of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences in Wageningen:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Today, July 7, King Willem-Alexander attended the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Krajicek Foundation in Den Haag. The foundation builds special playgrounds.

** anp gallery ** rex gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Today, September 1, King Willem-Alexander paid a working visit to Middelstum in the municipality of Eemsdelta to hear about the regular earthquakes due to gas extraction.

** rex gallery ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Later he received the last part of the Complete Works of Willem Frederik Hermans at De Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
King Willem-Alexander received the Ambassadors of Finland, Slovenia and Lithuania at Noordeinde Palace today, September 14:

** ppe gallery ** rex gallery **

In the afternoon he reopened the renovated main building of the provincial government of South Holland:

Last edited:
King Willem-Alexander opened the new main building of Radboudumc in Nijmegen today, September 29.

He was "welcomed" by some protestors outside when arriving:

Last edited:
These lunatics have the conspiration theory that King Willem-Alexander is a traitor because he sanctions detested Government policy and is therefore "responsible".

It is a mix of anti-viral-lunatics, cancer-via-5G-antenna-believers, anti-wokeness-adepts, anti-green-climate-policy-protestors, anti-everythingers, whom have assembled in an unlikely coalition and are determined to disturb the King, to disturb the Prime Minister, to disturb Mayors, whatever.

The 2010 financial crisis sadly saw a lot of budget cuts to the psychiatric care. We now see the results of that with all these lunatics out on the street.

Last edited:
The 2010 financial crisis sadly saw a lot of budget cuts to the psychiatric care. We now see the results of that with all these lunatics out on the street.

Hear hear hear!!Absolutely unaccepteble as my veteran and baseball friends agreed with me!

My fear is that these protests will become a regular phenomenon at every royal visit, at every State Visit, at every King's Day, at every Liberation Day, at every Princes' Day.

The protestors have a democratic right to voice their opinions. It is quite awkward to shout "traitor!" to the King while holding one of the oldest state flags in the world upside down, to show utterly contempt for the State. The very same State which the King would have "betrayed".

How more lunatic can one get it?

My parents were never ever a royalist, let alone an Orangist. (Also not republican b.t.w.: they could not care less, which is the general attitude). But they have seen how protesters whistled and booed the King, holding flags upside down, in front of Kneuterdijk Palace where Princess Beatrix was watching the royal cortège.

My absolutely not royalist and Orangist mother said: "I really was upset. I felt sadness for dear Princess Beatrix: she has always been my Queen. This was no protest anymore, this was pure insult". Of course I can not multiply my parents' feelings over society but I feel "the silent majority" is totally fed up with the desacralization of national symbols and the lunatic shouting.

Last edited:
Interesting, my parents -also lukewarm about the RF normally- had the exact same reaction. The extremist farmers and the lunatics around them are losing support. Initially many were sympathetic to their plight but now it seems to have changed.

And that is perhaps why the politicians in the Hague refused to do anything against them in the first place. Wait until they dig their own grave, wait for support to go down and then ram through parlament the policies that have been postponed for too many years. Cynical perhaps but clever.

It seems these people have little else to do than to protest. We saw them during COVID and it seems now they found another way to get attention. Protesting against the king will give them a podium in a newspaper or elsewhere so they will continue to do it. I agree, it will probably stay a normal thing for the next months -of not years.

King Willem-Alexander received the President of Benin Patrice Talon, and the Gouverneur of Sint Maarten Ajamu Baly LL.M. at Palace Huis ten Bosch today, October 4:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
Today, October 5, King Willem-Alexander paid a working visit to Eindhoven Air Base and the Multinational MRTT Unit (MMU) located there:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
This evening, October 17, King Willem-Alexander received the Prime Minister of the German state North Rhine-Westphalia Hendrik Wüst at Huis ten Bosch Palace:

** Pic ** anp gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Parliament and the government are currently at odds about sending a representation to the Soccer/Football World Championship. Parliament has voted in favor of a motion to NOT send government representation, while the government remained vague but finally indicated that they DO intend to send some ministers and possibly the king will also join...

For Willem-Alexander's sake, I hope they'll leave him out of it.

King Willem-Alexander paid a working visit to the Overvecht district in Utrecht today, November 24. "The visit focused on the natural gas-free neighborhood approach in Overvecht and focused on the energy transition, the impact of increased energy prices and the affordability of the energy bill":

** rex gallery ** anp gallery **

King Willem-Alexander received the Ambassadors of Mali, the Holy See and Azerbaijan today, November 30:

** ppe gallery **

King Willem-Alexander received the Ambassadors of Moldova and Maldive and he swore in a new Advocate General and a new Councilor of the Supreme Court today, December 14:

** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom