King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima's Visits to the Provinces: May-June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be in Zaandam just past 15.00 hours.
I live there, so there is no way that I am staying home!
I will bring my camera, perhaps I can take some pictures.

I do hope there will be lots of coverage when Willem-Alexander and Maxima visit Queen Elizabeth on the 10th of July. What historical photos... The longest reigning monarch and the newest monarch...
The visit will in all likelihood also trigger renewed debate in the UK media about 'to abdicate or not'. Interesting.

During the visit to Overijssel the king and queen posed with a young couple that celebrated their wedding at a hotel in Markelo. At 17:00 lots of security cars stopped at the hotel. The guests anticipated that the royals would make a stop at the hotel, and all seventy went outside. Ten minutes later the royal car stopped and the king and queen wanted to use the washroom to freshen up. Upon arrival the king and queen immidiately went to the bride and groom, congratulated them, asked if they had a nice day and wished them God's blessing for the marriage. Upon request of some of the guests, the king and queen also posed for a picture with the happy couple. The bride says that the security people weren't very happy with the gesture, as the time scheduele of these visits is very tight.

article & picture: Vorst en vorstin overrompelen bruidspaar Wagterveld - Koninklijk huis - Reformatorisch Dagblad

Last edited:
The first picture of today's visits in Zeeland:

Liveblog: Willem-Alexander en Máxima in Zeeland | Omroep Zeeland

The red outfit from Estelle's baptism for Máxima and another turban. I hope the weather will improve, it has been raining cats and dogs here in Amsterdam for most of the morning.

There is a small soap opera around the choice of flower girls/boys during these visits. In Hoorn there was a misunderstanding between the province and the city. The city selected a girl form Hoorn while the province selected the son of a member of the provincial counsil. In the end the politician's son handed them out, while he lives in Hilversum, not in Hoorn and today in Middelburg it is the daughter of mayor Harald Bergmann who hands out the flowers to the queen.

Last edited:
During the visit to Overijssel the king and queen posed with a young couple that celebrated their wedding at a hotel in Markelo. At 17:00 lots of security cars stopped at the hotel. The guests anticipated that the royals would make a stop at the hotel, and all seventy went outside. Ten minutes later the royal car stopped and the king and queen wanted to use the washroom to freshen up. Upon arrival the king and queen immidiately went to the bride and groom, congratulated them, asked if they had a nice day and wished them God's blessing for the marriage. Upon request of some of the guests, the king and queen also posed for a picture with the happy couple. The bride says that the security people weren't very happy with the gesture, as the time scheduele of these visits is very tight.

article & picture: Vorst en vorstin overrompelen bruidspaar Wagterveld - Koninklijk huis - Reformatorisch Dagblad

How nice! It surely made the couple's day extra-special - the icing on the (wedding) cake :):)

Here are more pics of the final visit today:

** anp gallery ** showbiznewz.nl gallery **

** ppe gallery 2 ** anp gallery 2 **

** ad.nl: Warm onthaal koningspaar in Zeeland **

** metronieuws.nl: Foto's: koning Willem-Alexander en koningin Maxima bezoeken Zeeland **

** refdag.nl: Slotakkoord provincietour voor Zeeland en Zuid-Holland (fotoserie en video) **

** zimbio: King Willem Alexander & Queen Maxima Of The Netherlands Visit Zeeland And Zuid Holland Provinces **

** ddp gallery: King Willem- Alexander and Queen Maxima visit Zeeland and Zuid-Holland **

Last edited:

How wonderful!!!

A clip from the NOS:

Koning Willem-Alexander bedankt alle provincies - NOS Nieuws

The reporter characterized the visits with the words speed and enthusiasm. She mentions the large number of people that welcomed the king and queen, which was exactly what these visits were meant for. She mentions that thefirst twomonths of WA's reign were months of speed, he paid a lot of 'work visits'in the country and abroad. He met vaious leaders/politicians etc. The political upheaval about Geert Wilders at the inauguration -which led to the resignment of the chairman of the first chamber of parlament- was also mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom