The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 07-15-2021, 01:40 PM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 7,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
King Willem-Alexander had a telephone conversation with the King's Commissioner Johan Remkes today, July 15, about the current situation in Limburg after the heavy rainfall and great flooding:


** Photo of the flooding shared by the Palace ** koninklijkhuis.nl: Koning betuigt steun aan provincie Limburg **
King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima have arrived in the city of Valkenburg right after the graduation ceremony of Amalia s school,to support all affected and be informed about whats happening where and what else can possibly be done.The floodings are too awfull,here in the southern province of Limburg but also in Belgium and Germany,horrific!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 07-15-2021, 02:10 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 65,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
The floodings are to awfull,here in the southern province of Limburg but also in Belgium and Germany,horrific!!
They are..it’s really terrible..

The King and Queen in Valkenburg:


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** anp gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 07-15-2021, 02:37 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 7,538
NOS liveblog included a video of their visit.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 07-15-2021, 02:45 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 23,942
According to the news the peak in some parts of Limburg is only expected to arrive tomorrow. People in Roermond - where the Meuse and the Ruhr meet- will need to be evacuated.

In Maastricht 10.000 people have been evacuated, the Meuse is expected to overflow in the hours after midnight, but hopefully it will not.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 07-15-2021, 03:30 PM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is online now
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
OT but made me

i live in Limburg, and at the end of the day the radiostation for Limburg did a little recap of the visit, thaf started with:

Queen Maxima and her husband visited our province

(when you're a member of a royal family who reigned for over 200 years and you are relegated to be announced as your wife's husband )
That is rather funny, I am sure they would think so too.
Stay safe, Lee!
I'm in Brabant, so no problems around here fortunatly.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 08-08-2021, 04:26 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 7,538
The king and queen will receive the Olympic Games medalists at Noordeinde Palace on Tuesday. The Netherlands won a historic number of 36 medals (not the highest number of gold medals though - that happened in Sydney in 2000) and landed the 7th spot on the list of countries.

In Sydney most medals were won in swimming (which provides lots of opportunities if you have a few strong swimmers in your team), this time it was spread out over a much larger number of sports. Most were 'bike'-related but especially a total of 7 athletics medals was quite a surprise.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 08-10-2021, 11:55 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 23,927
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima received the medal winners of the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo at Noordeinde Palace in The Hague today 10 August


https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=6031593
https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...-08-2021%20The
https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...rs,_the_hague?
__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe! and the 2022!!
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 08-10-2021, 02:22 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 65,027



Here are some more photos and a video of today’s reception:


** gettyimages gallery: NLD: King Willem-Alexander And Queen Maxima Wellcome Dutch Olympics Medal Winners **


** dailymail article: Sporting royalty! Queen Maxima of the Netherlands recycles chic turquoise dress as she joins .. **

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 08-10-2021, 06:08 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 23,942
Nice images of all of them together. The Dutch team had it’s best result ever.

The government plane flew back to Greece 6 hours after it landed, so the couple ia probably back in Greece to continue their vacation.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 08-11-2021, 01:29 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Nice images of all of them together. The Dutch team had it’s best result ever.

The government plane flew back to Greece 6 hours after it landed, so the couple ia probably back in Greece to continue their vacation.
The day after a disastrous report about global warming, the King and Queen simply fly back to Greece. But they are not the only ones. King Philippe will fly from his holiday residence Île d'Yeu to Brussels for a similar event.

Not only the royals lack an antenna, also their well-paid advisors and ultimately the ministers seem lacking this.
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 08-11-2021, 02:59 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The day after a disastrous report about global warming, the King and Queen simply fly back to Greece. But they are not the only ones. King Philippe will fly from his holiday residence Île d'Yeu to Brussels for a similar event.

Not only the royals lack an antenna, also their well-paid advisors and ultimately the ministers seem lacking this.
So what might you have preferred:

a) the King and Queen to not host the ceremony;
b) the ceremony be hosted virtually, from Greece;
c) the RF end their holiday at this stage and return to The Hague for the rest of August; or
d) defer the ceremony to when they return.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 08-11-2021, 04:01 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 7,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The day after a disastrous report about global warming, the King and Queen simply fly back to Greece. But they are not the only ones. King Philippe will fly from his holiday residence Île d'Yeu to Brussels for a similar event.

Not only the royals lack an antenna, also their well-paid advisors and ultimately the ministers seem lacking this.
And to make matters worse,I am going to fly to Cyprus.Twice.
Lack any sense for hypes,and keep it that way as long as the real big polluters apparently do not give a dime.

But that is what Heads of State do,they applaud and honour athletes
at the appropriate time,which is now,not over Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
So what might you have preferred:

a) the King and Queen to not host the ceremony;
b) the ceremony be hosted virtually, from Greece;
c) the RF end their holiday at this stage and return to The Hague for the rest of August; or
d) defer the ceremony to when they return.
None of that,surely not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
The king and queen will receive the Olympic Games medalists at Noordeinde Palace on Tuesday. The Netherlands won a historic number of 36 medals (not the highest number of gold medals though - that happened in Sydney in 2000) and landed the 7th spot on the list of countries.

In Sydney most medals were won in swimming (which provides lots of opportunities if you have a few strong swimmers in your team), this time it was spread out over a much larger number of sports. Most were 'bike'-related but especially a total of 7 athletics medals was quite a surprise.
A surprise,yes,fabulous!!And they were honoured accordingly and appropriatly!!
36 Medals for a small country like ours is extraordinary,and extraordinary matters ask for extraordinary measures right away!.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 08-11-2021, 05:07 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 7,019
Congratulations Lucien .
Sad the Pictures taken during private holidays. It seems to be a German Photograph.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 08-11-2021, 05:11 AM
muriel's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
None of that,surely not!
I said that tongue-in-cheek, at the suggestion that it was inappropriate for he King and Queen to interrupt their holiday briefly to host the Olympians. My own view is that greeting them at this stage is the right thing. It is very different to how it works in the UK, where a message of support is published now, to be followed by a reception at BP later in the year.
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 08-11-2021, 05:46 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 23,942
They have been on vacation for a month already so I am sure they were delighted to be home, even only for 6 hours. No idea when they will be back but a I am sure it will be before the opening of parliament in the 3rd Tuesday of september. Though they could do that on zoom as well I suppose.

While he was home for 6 hours the king also installed an (care-taker) under minister, Dennis Wiersma (VVD).
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 08-11-2021, 06:21 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,094
It is the same as Cristiano Ronaldo being kicked out of Euro 2020 and a day later posting pictures with his newest Lamborghini and his newest yacht. Where is his antenna, while the whole of Portugal still was in disbelief of the reigning European Champions being kicked out in the 1/8th Finals already?

It is the same as King Willem-Alexander flying from Greece to The Hague, two weeks ago, only to cut a ribbon with a Japanese samurai sword, to open the Olympic Weeks. After this short ribbon-cutting in The Hague, His Majesty immediately flew back to Greece, with a nearly empty Government Boeing 737. What was he thinking? Was the opening of the Olympic Weeks an absolute necessity for having the King there? Could a renowned Olympic Medalist not cut that ribbon, in name of the King?

It is the same as Lionel Messi bursting in tears, for leaving FC Barcelona after earning 1.000.000.000,00 Euro (!) in salary (and leaving the club almost bankrupt). Señor Messi's tears were not even dry or he was presented at his new club Paris Saint-Germain. Where was his antenna, leaving his countless of Barcelona fans in disbelief?

It is a sort of total disconnection of the rich, the famous, the royals, with reality which disturbs me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I said that tongue-in-cheek, at the suggestion that it was inappropriate for he King and Queen to interrupt their holiday briefly to host the Olympians. My own view is that greeting them at this stage is the right thing. It is very different to how it works in the UK, where a message of support is published now, to be followed by a reception at BP later in the year.

On itself there is nothing wrong with that. The Olympic Medalists being honoured later. Why not? I like that British arrangement.

Yesterday's event was in three parts:

1.
A last assemble of the Netherlands Olympic Team for an official end of the Olympic Mission 2016-2020.

2.
The handing over of financial prizes to the Medalists (each Golden Medal € 30.000,--, each Silver Medal € 22.500,-- and each Bronze Medal € 15.000,--) and then the Minister of Sport awarding royal decorations in the name of His Majesty, to the individual Gold Medalists and to the captains of Gold Medal Teams.

3.
The reception at Noordeinde Palace, where the whole équipe was welcomed by the King and Queen.

On itself I fail to see why this could not have been organized in September or so. Probably the Olympians themselves would love it to go to holiday first.

I hope it is the angle of the picture, the King's tummy looks gigantic...


Too much mousaka, souflaki and gyros in Greece ?


https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/binari...-alexander.jpg


I like it that the Court maintains jacquet as dress code. I think the Netherlands is the only European country to require this dresscode for formal day events. (The only other example I can think of is Japan).
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 08-11-2021, 07:27 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Posts: 102
Here in the UK we have the reception later because we include Olympic and Paralympic competitors together, usually with an open-top bus ride through London.

That might not be possible this year, because of Covid, but I like the idea of not making a distinction between the two events.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 08-11-2021, 08:55 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
On itself there is nothing wrong with that. The Olympic Medalists being honoured later. Why not? I like that British arrangement.

Yesterday's event was in three parts:

1.
A last assemble of the Netherlands Olympic Team for an official end of the Olympic Mission 2016-2020.

2.
The handing over of financial prizes to the Medalists (each Golden Medal € 30.000,--, each Silver Medal € 22.500,-- and each Bronze Medal € 15.000,--) and then the Minister of Sport awarding royal decorations in the name of His Majesty, to the individual Gold Medalists and to the captains of Gold Medal Teams.

3.
The reception at Noordeinde Palace, where the whole équipe was welcomed by the King and Queen.

On itself I fail to see why this could not have been organized in September or so. Probably the Olympians themselves would love it to go to holiday first.
It is nice anyway to have a ceremonial, non-partisan Head of State who can stage a event like that for olympic champions without being accused of trying to take political advantage thereof, which is what normally happens when executive presidents like the President of the United States or the President of Brazil host similar meetings.
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 08-12-2021, 05:28 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 7,019
Our King stayed at l' Ile d'Yeu . He will thank and congratulate BOTH of the Olympic games.
Sad that Princess Amalia pas not present !
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 08-12-2021, 06:43 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 12,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Our King stayed at l' Ile d'Yeu . He will thank and congratulate BOTH of the Olympic games.
Sad that Princess Amalia pas not present !

In Nieuwsblad I saw that there will be no special reception for the Belgian medalists: instead King Philippe and Queen Mathilde will receive a delegation of athletes whom have made meritorious performances at European Championships, World Championships, Olympic Games and Paralympics (in November at the Royal Palace in Brussels).


(Het Laatste Nieuws reported that the King and Queen would receive the field hockey team, the horse-jumping team, Nina Derwael, Nafi Thiam, Wout van Aert and Matthias Casse after the Games but apparently all will go on vacation first. Het Laatste Nieuws is not the most reliable source anyway.)
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
king willem-alexander, queen maxima


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Máxima, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - October 2017) Marengo Current Events Archive 411 10-26-2017 06:37 AM
King Willem-Alexander, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - October 2017) Marengo Current Events Archive 550 10-15-2017 06:48 AM
Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News Part 2 (May 2013 - May 2017) PrinceS Current Events Archive 418 05-15-2017 08:38 AM
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima's Visit to Russia: November 8-9, 2013 lucien King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family 30 11-12-2013 12:36 PM
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima's Visits to the Provinces: May-June 2013 lucien King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family 47 06-22-2013 07:26 AM




Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday abdullah ii albert prince consort all tags archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian austria braganza british royal family cadwallader camilla castile charles congo coronation crown jewels danish royal family de la cerda denmark dubai expo duchess of kent duchess of sussex duke of sussex gemstones guzman henry viii identifying india ingrid-alexandra ivrea japan japanese imperial family jordan royal family king edward iii king henry iii king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers louis mountbatten maria ii monarchist movements monarchists mongolia mountbatten nara period need help noble families norway crown princely couple official visit orleans-braganza pedro ii politics portugal prince andrew prince charles prince of wales prince of wales in jordan queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen victoria samurai spanish royal family state visit st edward uae wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×