It's a Princess! Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien: June 26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
an article about the 2nd princess.

Dutch Princess Maxima gives birth to baby girl javascript:void window.open('http:/...=640,height=480,directories=no,location=no'); Sunday, 26 June 2005
maxima%20amalia%20willem%20alexander.jpg
Princess Maxima, the wife of Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, gave birth to a baby girl on Sunday, the third in line to the Dutch throne.

"We have another beautiful and healthy daughter," Willem-Alexander, the Prince of Orange, said in a statement.

In the Netherlands, boys and girls have the same rights to the throne. The current and past two monarchs have been queens. The girl will be third in line to the Dutch throne after her father and her sister Catharina-Amalia, born on December 7, 2003.

The couple have not yet decided on a name for the baby who was born in the early afternoon at the Bronovo hospital in The Hague weighing almost 3.5 kg (7.7 lbs). Television programmes were interrupted with the news of the birth.

Willem-Alexander, Queen Beatrix's eldest son and heir to the throne, married Argentinian-born Maxima Zorreguieta in Amsterdam in February 2002.

The marriage attracted controversy because Maxima's father served as agriculture minister during Argentina's 1976-83 military dictatorship when up to 30,000 people vanished or were killed. He was barred from the wedding.

But Maxima quickly became one of the most popular members of the royal family, mastering Dutch and adding a touch of glamour to the House of Orange-Nassau. Tens of thousands thronged the centre of Amsterdam for the wedding.

Willem-Alexander's younger brother Prince Johan Friso gave up his right to the throne to marry Mabel Wisse Smit because of her past contacts with a criminal.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 REUTERS

Congratulations to the Dutch Royal Family.

Congratulations to Willem-Alexander, Máxima, and Amalia as well as the rest of their families. :) The new little princess is sooo adorable, and I can't wait to find out what her name is going to be.

Isn´t it amazing, that Maxima and Willem have now two "Sunday children"?
Does anyone know, if the births of Amalia and the cute mini-Royal were initiated medically?

Picture a: Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien at the hospital tonight
Picture b: lovely Amalia

Attachments

• laurentien.jpg
    laurentien.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 374
  • amalia.jpg
    amalia.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 377
Lena said:
Isn´t it amazing, that Maxima and Willem have now two "Sunday children"?
Does anyone know, if the births of Amalia and the cute mini-Royal were initiated medically?

According the doctors not.

Princess Máxima and the new Princess will stay 1 night in the hospital. There are no complications according the RVD.

The Watcher said:
According the doctors not.

Thank you for the fast answer. So it is even more amazing. I hope this "saying" about sunday children will turn out to be true for Amalia and her little sister.

Pictures Amalia arriving at the hospital

Attachments

• arrival car amalia.jpg
    arrival car amalia.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 279
  • arrival hospital.jpg
    arrival hospital.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 242
  • arrival hospital b.jpg
    arrival hospital b.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 238
Pictures Amalia leaving the hospital

Attachments

• leaving hospital.jpg
    leaving hospital.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 259
  • leaving hospital b.jpg
    leaving hospital b.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 308
  • leaving hospital c.jpg
    leaving hospital c.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 313
  • leaving hospital d.jpg
    leaving hospital d.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 195
  • leaving hospital e.jpg
    leaving hospital e.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 200
  • leaving hospital f.jpg
    leaving hospital f.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 411
  • leaving hospital g.jpg
    leaving hospital g.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 354
  • leaving hospital car amalia.jpg
    leaving hospital car amalia.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 276
Born in June...I knew it!

Congrats to Willem-Alexander, Maxima, Catherina-Amalia, and therest fo the Dutch RF!

Congrats to the Duth Royal Family. Little Amalia is turning into a very beautiful girl. Love those goldie locks. Any news on the new princess' name??

Congrats to the entire family! She's absolutely adorable! I wonder what they'll name her?...

And more pictures from the royal family

Attachments

• da.jpg
    da.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 287
  • db.jpg
    db.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 267
  • dc.jpg
    dc.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 324
  • dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 329
  • de.jpg
    de.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 250
Congratulations Maxima and Willem!!! And for little Amalia too!!!
I´m glad for the family! The new princess is beautiful!

Aww, congratulations to them all. She's so cute. :)

Some pics from colourpress

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 240
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 250
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 218
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 304
  • c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 291
  • c8.jpg
    c8.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 222
  • c9.jpg
    c9.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 354
  • c10.jpg
    c10.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 360
  • c11.jpg
    c11.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 267
  • c12.jpg
    c12.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 249
A short video

Congratulations to the proud parents. She is such a beautiful little baby!!!:)

And thank you very much for the great pictures you have posted!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!

Little princess Catharina-Amalia has grown a lot and more beautiful every day!!!! :)

Here is a link to a video of a proud CP Willem-Alexander presenting his new daughter (not a great quality one, you must wait for the host to introduce the piece of news but the little princess and her proud dad look great!!!!)

Link:
http://www.tn24horas.com/popup.asp?Id_Nota=43842

Eloise, the little daughter, of prince Constantin is very cute too. Looks very determined. She is Eloise, I think...?

Thanks for the pictures! Amalia really is getting more and more beautiful. I think she is going to grow up to break some hearts.

Eloise is really just a little mini-me of Laurentien. :p And so determined. Little Claus-Casimir is very cute as well. Beatrix must be tickled pink with all of her grandchildren.

Aw, she looks so cute! Congratulations to the family! And God bless them all!!!

Congrats! In my country the birth of a girl is a personal "hello" from God.

Thank you everyone for the first pictures of the new little Orange baby and of her big sister Amalia's visit to see her, as well as both her maternal and paternal grandparents, and uncle Constantijn, aunt Laurentien and cousins Eloise and Casimir. (Eloise is indeed the spitting image of her mom; adorable little shoes she has on, too!)

Does anyone know if the Willem took the first pictures of the little girl just as he did with Amalia, and Claus when Willem was born?

I am thinking that it is likely this picture: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=163397, but I'm not sure.

She's such a beautiful baby. I love the personal photos of her that W-A took.

Bubbette said:
Howmuch older is Catherine Amalia?
Amalia celebrated her first birthday on December 7th so she is close to one year and seven months older than her little sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom