It's a Princess! Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien: June 26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the news clip, I think I'm starting to change my opinion about the name Marcela, it's sounds quite nice when W-A pronounces it.

Woo...I'll have to watch that clip. I love the name! Congrats once again to the entire family!

amina1 said:
I wonder why PMaxima didn't appear yet, I hope she is ok, she gave birth to 2wonderful girls.

She's probably just tired and isn't up for going out in public just yet.

amina1 said:
I wonder why PMaxima didn't appear yet, I hope she is ok, she gave birth to 2wonderful girls.

Willem and the Dutch press release announcing Alexia's birth both said that Maxima is doing well; tired but well.

(As previously explained in this very thread) it is customary in the Dutch royal family that the wives do not appear within the first few days of giving birth (if at all) in official photographs or presentations. As was the recent cases of Margriet's sons, Bernhard Jr. and Maurits presented their newborn babies, Samuel and Felecia respectively, by themselves while Annette and Marilene were presumably getting some much deserved rest.

As Maxima is the future queen and Alexia is now third in line to the throne, and as was done previously with Amalia, Constantijn with both of his children and Johan Friso with Luana, we can expect a family picture (with the Queen) in the coming weeks.

I don't think that a lack of an appearance by Maxima is a sign that she isn't doing well. Childbirth is simply exhausting and I don't blame Maxima for not wanting to be photographed for all the world to see (not just family and friends) just hours after giving birth.

As an aside: With the recent Dutch royal baby boom being girls within the last few months (Luana, Felecia and now Alexia), I hope these three little girls will be close as it is obvious that their fathers are all close.

Name of Dutch baby princess raises eyebrows javascript:void window.open('http:/...=640,height=480,directories=no,location=no'); Wednesday, 29 June 2005 Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander registered on Tuesday the birth of his second daughter, Princess Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien, insisting she was named after himself and not after an illegitimate aunt.

Willem-Alexander, the Prince of Orange, registered the birth of the baby girl, born to his Argentine-born wife Maxima on Sunday, at The Hague municipality. She is third in line to the Dutch throne after her father and her sister Catharina-Amalia.

Alexia is also the name of the illegitimate French daughter of Willem-Alexander's grandfather Prince Bernhard.

Prince Bernhard, the German-born husband of the late Dutch Queen Juliana and the father of Queen Beatrix, only acknowledged Alexia's existence and that of another illegitimate daughter in an interview published after his death last year.

"She is named after me," Willem-Alexander was quoted as saying by news agency ANP, saying Alexia had been his wife's choice. "I know a lot of Alexias after whom she is not named."

The baby's second name Juliana was chosen due to the prince's grandmother, who also died last year. The third name Marcela is after a godmother of Princess Maxima and Laurentien after the wife of Willem-Alexander's brother Prince Constantijn.

In the Netherlands, boys and girls have the same rights to the throne. The current and past two monarchs have been queens.

Queen Beatrix's eldest son married Maxima Zorreguieta in February 2002. The match was controversial because Maxima's father served as a minister during Argentina's 1976-83 military dictatorship, but she has become one of the most popular royals.

Tue June 28, 2005 REUTERS

The Watcher said:
Big picture of princess Catharina-Amalia going to the hospital to visit her little sister princess Alexia :eek:

I didn't use to think Amalia was cute baby. Specially when she was around 12 months-old ,she was a little scary :rolleyes: But she's growing and becoming a beautiful girl. That's what happens with a lot of children: they weren't beautiful babies but become beautiful kids.

Found those pictures without captions, guess it's some kind of pastry made in honor of the newborn princess

From Colourpress

Attachments

• alexia.jpg
    alexia.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 263
  • alexia2.jpg
    alexia2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 304
What a lovely pastry, it looks wonderful - and of course the perfect decoration - an image of the new little Princess!

Congratulations to the happy parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. What a beautiful baby!

thanks for all the fotos and articles!

Anna_R said:
Found those pictures without captions, guess it's some kind of pastry made in honor of the newborn princess

From Colourpress
Isn't that a lovely idea! I guess everyone is celebrating the birth of little Alexia. :)

Those pastries look so yummy! Congrats to the happy family!

when christening for Alexia? maybe in August? or September?

Sara Boyce

The second daughter of Crown prince and princess has drawed special sitution and public attention even before she was born....Start with earlier breaking news of her mother pregnancy before its official anouncement which gave embarassing to her parents; her mother doesn't appear when the first time she anounced to public (due to her fatigue after delivered her baby) and then the name given to her by his parents raised many people eyebrow. What an interesting Royal baby, just wait what is the next:D.

Congratulations to Maxima and W-A. I do love the the name Alexia...very pretty.

I think it was a mistake to name her Alexia if that was going to cause these problems to the royal family. It can be embarrassing to try to justify that she is not named after her aunt instead was named after her father. I think Willem should had insisted to call her in a different way. Even Alexandra or something similar. I hope this would not affect her grandmother or herself.

WA said that she was named after him and that is it,

there is no embarresment or problem in Holland.

Ariel said:
I think it was a mistake to name her Alexia if that was going to cause these problems to the royal family. It can be embarrassing to try to justify that she is not named after her aunt instead was named after her father. I think Willem should had insisted to call her in a different way. Even Alexandra or something similar. I hope this would not affect her grandmother or herself.

I don't think that there'll be big repercussions due to Alexia's name. In a few months, the furor will die down and it'll be a non-issue. I think Alexia is a wondeful name and in a little while, no one will even remember the questions about her name. She'll build her own personality and make her own mark in the world.

I hope so, I got really concerned after I read an article that says he was explaining the baby was named after him and not after other people (probably thinking about her aunt). What I meant to say is if the case is that giving her that name can create mistakes that they can imagine in advance (like this one), better not do it. If the case turn to be that no problem is caused by that, not for the public (who shouldnt care and just be happy), but for the relatives and the baby in the future, then it is ok.

Last edited:
galuhcandrakirana said:
and then the name given to her by his parents raised many people eyebrow. What an interesting Royal baby, just wait what is the next:D.

well, let's hope for an Alicia (the other extra-marital daughter of Prince Bernhard) or Jorge (father of Maxima) then :)

when christening for Alexia? maybe in August? or September?

Well, seeing as Orange babies are typically not christened till about four to six months after birth, I'd say October, if not November or December.

Shouldn't there be some official family photos coming out soon? I think it'll be nice to see the whole family together.

With Amalia, the official photos weren't released until 12 days after the birth. Perhaps the same thing will happen with Alexia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom