It's a Princess! Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien: June 26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
destiny said:
How did MAxima meet the Prince?

I am very interested to know, how did Maxima meet the Prince?.
Does anyone know?

From an article:
---------------------------
Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima met for the first time in Spain in Sevilla in 1999. “It was not love at first sight," Maxima confessed. But when Willem-Alexander asked her for the next dance ....

Maxima returned to New York, where she works and Willem-Alexander takes up his daily business. However, they phoned each other and sent e-mails. Three weeks later Willem-Alexander is invited to a wedding in New York.....

The first few months, the Dutch press was unaware of this big, front-page news. Willem-Alexander occasionally visited her in New York, but Maxima regularly came over for the weekend.

That summer Willem-Alexander spent his holidays, as usual, in Italy WITH Maxima. Soon the press knew all about it. The first photos were published. With telelenses, the picture was a bit blurred and it was difficult to distinguish who was who.

Terrible names!

I don't think that Willem- Alexander has shown much respect to his late grandmother by chosing the name Alexia. Also I don't like the name Laurentien, but that is maybe because I don't like her.

Awwww. I think we're all being a bit harsh! I think Alexia is a very pretty name, and I don't really care if it sounds "regal" or not because she will never reign! WA and Maxima are just like any other normal parents and they chose a name they wanted.

The aunt Marcela is a strong, independent woman who is said to have had a strong influence on the life of Maxima who herself is a strong, independent woman. Not to forget Juliana who was also a strong, independent woman and Laurentien, a strong, independent woman who has a unique fashion sense as well.:) Anyway, the aunt, I read, studied agriculture and is involved in that line of work. Also it is quite an honor for Maxima to name the baby after her husband. Willem Alexander must be so proud of his wife.

I like the name. Alexia is a very pretty name!

I think it's a great name. And Alexia looks great when you put it together with Amalia (the first letter and the two final letters are the same...) giving a more complete feel to the naming of the children than if she had been called Alexandra. Even if it is a lovely name, there are so many called Alexandra these days...

I too am a little disappointed with the name...although the thinking behind it is nice...for me a nice Dutch name would have been better...or as initially proposed Sophie-Emma.

Florine said:
Terrible names!

I don't think that Willem- Alexander has shown much respect to his late grandmother by chosing the name Alexia. Also I don't like the name Laurentien, but that is maybe because I don't like her.
Wow, this is a bit harsh.
Of course it's your opinion and I respect it, but what has Laurentien done to you that made you dislike her?:confused:
And I really don't think Juliana would mind her grandson calling his daughter Alexia. From what I read Juliana loved Alexia and Alicia.
Besides, I don't think Willem-Alexander would name his daughter Alexia if he thought there could be a chance Juliana would be offended.
W-A and Maxima named their daughter Alexia in honour of her father and because they liked the name.
And I like it too, it's spicy:D

I think that Alexia is a beautiful name for such a cute baby.

Does anyone know if Catharina-Amalia has four names too?

Maxima & W-A used some imagination with the name Alexia, and I think that shows character. Good job!

Marinona said:
I think that Alexia is a beautiful name for such a cute baby.

Does anyone know if Catharina-Amalia has four names too?

Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria

Because the hyphen between Catharina and Amalia it is one name. So Amalia has 4 names too.

Big picture of princess Catharina-Amalia going to the hospital to visit her little sister princess Alexia :eek:

Attachments

• 10886173.gif
    10886173.gif
    36.3 KB · Views: 667
I brought you two videos one of little alexia and the other it's of the two of them.
it´s in "video zondag":

1. (alexia's) it´s called "Máxima bevallen van dochter"
2. (Amalia and alexia's) it´s called "Willem-Alexander over z'n 2de dochter"

here's the link:
http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/

Alexia it´s soooooo cute!!!!!!:p :eek:
and in the video window choose "breedband" or "modem"
Enjoy it!!!!:)

Last edited:
The Watcher said:
Big picture of princess Catharina-Amalia going to the hospital to visit her little sister princess Alexia :eek:

That picture it's gorgeos and beautiful!!!!!

I was wondering, if you have more pictures of her (Amalia) of that day??:confused:

I think Alexia is a very beautiful name and I don't know why people are saying otherwise. It's what Willem and Maxima have chosen, and if they're happy with it and it suits their daughter, then that's all that should matter. I really love how one of her names is 'Laurentien'. What a wonderful honour for Laurentien to have. They must all be very close. :)

Amalia and Alexia-very nice sibling alliteration. It's a beautiful choice and nice to see Juliana honored.:)

The Watcher said:

Gosh. What a cute little girl. So blonde too. Very Dutch-looking.:)

I'm suprised by the name choices, but I have to say I quite like it! Alexia is a very pretty name, and I really like that they have given her names that honor people they love and admire. I'm guessing that Laurentien will probably be one of the godmothers then?

Love it, love it, love it! I don't think there's anything unregal about Alexia at all!

photofan said:
I brought you two videos one of little alexia and the other it's of the two of them.
it´s in "video zondag":

1. (alexia's) it´s called "Máxima bevallen van dochter"
2. (Amalia and alexia's) it´s called "Willem-Alexander over z'n 2de dochter"

here's the link:
http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/

Alexia it´s soooooo cute!!!!!!:p :eek:
and in the video window choose "breedband" or "modem"
Enjoy it!!!!:)

have anyone seen the video that I post????:confused:

Gabriella said:
I'm guessing that Laurentien will probably be one of the godmothers then?
That's what I was thinking, but I don't know. When will we find out who Alexia's godparents are?

I wonder why PMaxima didn't appear yet, I hope she is ok, she gave birth to 2wonderful girls.

I think she has nice names, but I won't choose them for my own children.
She is very cute!

alexia video

photofan said:
have anyone seen the video that I post????:confused:

YES! It was great . Thank you for telling us about it.
As an American I was happy to see these film clips - before this I had never heard WA speak (a very deep voice!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom